News:

• April 25, 2024, 11:11:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Veteran's Day  (Read 1233 times)

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Veteran's Day
« on: November 11, 2017, 02:35:14 AM »
Lots of folks say "happy Veteran's Day". I'm not sure that "happy" is the right word.
I know that a lot of us here have carried the dead and dying from the field....the remembrance does not evoke happy thoughts.
I am grateful. Grateful to those tat served before me, and to those that have followed.

I'll get over to Patriot's Park, although I would prefer the ceremony at the Sarasota National Cemetery, but the MD's say I shouldn't drive for a couple more days.

Agape' 

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Veteran's Day
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 09:45:55 AM »
Sad to say I'm not a veteran, but I salute all those that have served and are serving.  That goes for all branches of the military. H^^

Where's the salute emoticon or what ever these are called? ???
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Russell

• ACE
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 11:19:07 AM »
Lots of folks say "happy Veteran's Day". I'm not sure that "happy" is the right word.
I know that a lot of us here have carried the dead and dying from the field....the remembrance does not evoke happy thoughts.
I am grateful. Grateful to those tat served before me, and to those that have followed.

I'll get over to Patriot's Park, although I would prefer the ceremony at the Sarasota National Cemetery, but the MD's say I shouldn't drive for a couple more days.

Agape'

Hi peabody,

"Veteran's Day"

See ya... :D

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 12:16:10 PM »

Agape'

Hey Peabody.

Personally I try to have a happy Veterans Day for all my fellow veterans that made it home like you and I did!

Also I salute and honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice so you and I and others like us could continue to live in freedom and happiness!

I also thank our Heavenly Father for the freedoms that we enjoy today. 

Randy Cuberly
US Army Vietnam Veteran
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 02:08:44 PM »

I salute  ALL Veterans for their sacrifice, both living and deceased,  you fellow's did a GREAT job, and I am greatful, like Randy, to My Heavenly Father first, and to all veterans, thank you for your service to the U S A...
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 02:23:55 PM »
Spending my Vet’s day weekend packing for the upcoming PCS to Ft Carson, CO. We’re about 75% packed, well ahead of schedule.  I had an extra big wardrobe box, 24x21x48 and realized it will hold about all of my kits (to include ARFs) and stocked Wood very comfortably.

Just wish DA would have PCSed me in summer. Driving a 26’ uhaul, with a tow dolly to Colorado in December might be...an adventure.

Online Larry Fernandez

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 02:33:24 PM »
My thanks to all vets,past and present.
Our country is great because of your service.

I would especially like to thank my son Aaron, who did two ugly tours in Iraq.
I love you son, you are my hero

Larry
US Navy, 1976- 1980

Offline Chad Hill

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 08:16:55 PM »
Here is Pappy Boyington on "To Tell the Truth". Dating myself...this used to be one of my favorite shows.

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 08:37:01 AM »
Thanks for posting!  I too remember and enjoyed this show.  Sadly, in this age, I doubt it would be successful on TV.

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 03:33:33 PM »
Thanks for posting!  I too remember and enjoyed this show.  Sadly, in this age, I doubt it would be successful on TV.

Yeah, no politics or violence or RAP music.

LL~ LL~ LL~

I knew instantly who Pappy Boyington was although He looked quite a bit older when I met him at my Fathers Funeral, his countenance was still very recognizable!

Randy Cuberly

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here