News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:55:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Veco Warrior....who has built and flown this model?  (Read 4279 times)

Offline Warhawk

• Major
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Veco Warrior....who has built and flown this model?
« on: February 12, 2006, 06:39:10 PM »
Last one I built was around 1950.  I learned a lot of the pattern with this little airplane.

I acquired a kit partly built that must be 40 or more years old.  I am using most of the original balsa wood.  It is about ready to cover and begin painting.

Let's share/compare notes on building flying it....for old time sake.

Hawk
Hoyt Hawkins

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Veco Warrior....who has built and flown this model?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 08:31:26 PM »
Hi Hawk,

Many years ago, a friend had two Warriors (they were the one minus flaps, right?) and flew them with .19s as I remember.  They did fly pretty well.
I think the Brave had the flaps but was otherwise the same plane.
I had a Papoose w/Enya 19 that I remember as being very similar.  I thought of the Papoose as being a sort of mini Chief.
Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 11:05:28 PM »
My Dad built me two Warrior's in the 60's. They both had flaps. They had a lot of different engines in them, but the McCoy 19 was my favorite because it would start easily.
I would suggest using an 09 or 15 of some modern make in one, keep it light and don't round off the flaps or elevators very much as the model is pretty little.
Chris...

Willis Swindell

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 09:41:36 AM »
The Warriorwas my favorite plane when I first started flying in the early 50’s I built three of them the first one had a fox 35  the second one had a Foster 31 that America’s Hobby Center had a special.
Trade any engine and get a foster for $ 5.95 so I sent my Cub 074 in shortly  had my new Foster 31, which I still have today. What a disappointment I quickly found out their is a lot of difference in power between engine manufacturing. The Fox had a lot  more power, did my first engine swap. When  I started flying stunt again in the early 90’s the Warrior was the first ship that I built and still have it hanging on the Wall.
Willis

Offline Jay

• Commander
  • 1 Cross +3 Nails= 4 Given
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 01:48:34 PM »
Paul Smith has one now.  Really pretty Chrome Monokote covering.  Flies a bit fast, but then again all ex-combat guys tend to.

Jay
My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.
Albert Einstein

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here