News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:08:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ukraine lines  (Read 47339 times)

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Ukraine lines
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2018, 11:48:45 PM »
Just a quick side note.  I had my lines measured Saturday and to my surprise what I thought was 63' was 69'.  I only had my 60' to compare so I just thought that cutting 8' from a set of 70' would give me about 63' not knowing exactly how long they were in the package.  So make sure you measure, they give you more extra than I expected.  The amazing thing is that my planes both had better line tension overhead in wind with the Ukraine 69' than they did with the 60' Sullivan lines.   Then it rained and we went home.

The week before was "Footwork Day" and I was happily doing reverse wing overs and overhead eights one after another in a 15mph wind trying to teach my 71 year old body how to do them without having to move my feet. (The man who coined the phrase "Can't teach an old dog new tricks" must have been a CLPA flier.)   You would think that 69' would have been a bit long for a .35 ARF Nobler in that wind.  Never lost tension.   These lines are really good - try them.

Please - no crude comments on not noticing that my lines were that long.  I have already had to endure the chuckles from the group I fly with but it does help explain why I keep pulling out at 10' on the first wing over.  Sometimes muscle memory sucks.

Ken

AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2018, 03:42:23 PM »
Hi
Today I was very much surprised when I saw the buyer of my lines from Australia. I had never thought that Amazon could sell its products outside of America.
Even more was surprised when I saw the shipping cost paid by a buyer from Western Australia. For three sets of lines - just over $ 6 for standard delivery.
Only after that I learned that today on Amazon started Prime-Day which will last a whole month.
I think that the possibility of delivery to Australia is a service of Prime?
I wonder how long the delivery will take to Australia?
That's so far !!!
Many thanks to the buyer from Australia for your order.
I wish all excellent flights.
Regards
Ruslan

Offline Alexey Gorbunov

• 21 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #102 on: June 29, 2018, 04:54:43 PM »
Today my friend flew on lines from Ruslan Kurenkov and Sergey Solomyanikov. He was very happy.

Offline Vincent Judd

• Commander
« Reply #103 on: July 01, 2018, 01:00:58 PM »
Not sure what I can add that hasn't already been mentioned by much more experienced flyers than myself.  I put a set of the .0145 lines on my Imitation and immediately noticed a difference, especially in the wind.  I'm not an expert pilot by any means, but I did notice a much more positive feel to the airplane, so much so that I feel some additional trimming might be required.  Line tension is greater, I feel that maybe I can slow my lap times down a little bit and still feel comfortable with the performance.  I will be ordering additional sets.

I found that a small amount of clear nail polish applied at the area to be cut prevented the unraveling that some have mentioned.  Trail and error for me.  You have to do something, or they will unravel and then you have a problem on your hands.

One additional note.  Mr. Kurenkov gave me excellent customer service.  There was a problem with my original order, he immediately corrected the problem at no additional cost to me.  Thank you Ruslan.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 07:15:42 PM by Vincent Judd »

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #104 on: July 05, 2018, 03:50:59 PM »
I have two flights on the 016's. I do like the feel. One thing I did notice is, I'm getting some vibration in the lines. Not enough, I think, to be concerned about but, noticeable. Is this from the stiffness of the cables?

Tom
AMA 13001

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2018, 03:28:52 PM »
I have two flights on the 016's. I do like the feel. One thing I did notice is, I'm getting some vibration in the lines. Not enough, I think, to be concerned about but, noticeable. Is this from the stiffness of the cables?

Tom

Hi Tom
Brass lines are made of very rigid steel, it is high-carbon steel which transmits very lightly to your hand any slightest vibration. Stainless steel is much softer and, thanks to it, it quenches the vibration very well.
Check your propeller and spinner at the balancing stand. I think you have a small imbalance that you just did not notice before.
I wish you good flights.
Regards,Ruslan

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2018, 05:41:16 AM »
Thanks Ruslan.
  I'm not sure I agree that it's a balance issue but will look into it. It feels to me that it is more of a resonance issue. The area I feel it the most is inverted. I will admit I am trying to work out of the habit of laying my hand down palm up. I have read previously that guys have experienced this phenomenon when not keeping their hand vertical.

Thanks and will let you know how this weekend sessions go.

Tom
AMA 13001

Offline jfv

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2018, 09:55:36 AM »
Took several flights with the new lines yesterday and I have to say, they do make a difference.  I like them.  Lap time went down 0.1 seconds and I had to reset my RPM.  Also, the plane felt more positive at the end of the lines.
Jim Vigani

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2018, 04:51:09 PM »
Is anybody using these lines at the NATS?  I am becoming quite attached to my .0145's and I don't want to find out that they are not going to be usable. 

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2018, 05:16:00 PM »
You can use them as long as they are the right diameter for the weight of your airplane. It's yet to be seen how close they split the hair on that missing ,0005".  If they perform that well, then the .016's out to useable on models lighter than the 64 ounce limit.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Mike Scholtes

• Admiral
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2018, 05:31:47 PM »
Hello Ruslan:

I have your brass-steel lines in 60 foot length and am very pleased with results so far. Like others have said, very positive control and less bow in the lines.

I want to get 63 foot ready-made .0165 lines, but don't see them available on your website. Can you advise me where to find them?

Thanks.

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2018, 05:35:34 PM »
You can use them as long as they are the right diameter for the weight of your airplane. It's yet to be seen how close they split the hair on that missing ,0005".  If they perform that well, then the .016's out to useable on models lighter than the 64 ounce limit.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
I am hoping that someone shows up with the .0145's and we get the issue settled.  The .016 are still better than than the .015 Sullivan's I have been using but the .0145's are the best I have ever used short of solids which are great right up to the point where they stick.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Mike Scholtes

• Admiral
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2018, 09:07:16 PM »
Hi Ruslan: Never mind, I found the 63 foot lines on your website. They are on a yellow reel rather than red.

Offline jfv

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2018, 08:20:36 AM »
With regard to the diameter, I've measured mine and the measurement is very dependent on the orientation of the wire and how hard you squeeze the calipers. Each individual strand of the 0.0145's measured .0065".  I did a layout in CAD and the diameter of the encapsulating circle is 0.0157".  I think they are OK as 0.015's.
Jim Vigani

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2018, 09:05:59 AM »
With regard to the diameter, I've measured mine and the measurement is very dependent on the orientation of the wire and how hard you squeeze the calipers. Each individual strand of the 0.0145's measured .0065".  I did a layout in CAD and the diameter of the encapsulating circle is 0.0157".  I think they are OK as 0.015's.
I sure hope you are right.  It all depends on the tolerances on the individual strands and how tightly they are wrapped.  I just hope they are on the + side.

Ken
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 09:57:38 AM by Ken Culbertson »
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Mike Scholtes

• Admiral
« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2018, 11:18:28 AM »
Re yellow reel - that's what I thought too but the package in the picture shows the lines are brass-steel .0165, ready to use, 63 foot length, on a yellow plastic reel. I guess I will find out when they arrive via Amazon. I was only looking at red-reel pictures so missed seeing that there are brass-steel lines on a yellow reel. If there is any problem I am sure Ruslan will fix it, his customer service seems very responsive.

Offline jfv

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2018, 01:39:09 PM »
I sure hope you are right.  It all depends on the tolerances on the individual strands and how tightly they are wrapped.  I just hope they are on the + side.

Ken

Doesn't matter how tightly they are wrapped.  The sketch has them touching.  Can't make the circle any smaller.  With regard to the tolerances, each of the 8 strands I measured (four in each line) were the same to four decimal points.
Jim Vigani

Offline jfv

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2018, 01:47:26 PM »
Rusian:

Couldn't find 0.0145 dia, 70 foot, steel - brass kit at Amazon.  Are they still available? 
Jim Vigani

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2018, 12:10:38 AM »
All hello!
I could not answer earlier, I'm going to Landres by car, 2000 km. The coils are yellow with brass lines and red coils with stainless lines. And vice versa. The lines 0.018 are only stainless. Brass only 0.0145 (0.36mm) and 0.016 (0.41mm). Lines of 0.0145x70 are available on Amazon. To search for lines, enter controllineparts in the search string Amazon. You will be provided with a choice of 23 different line options. Many thanks to all for the feedback, for orders and for comments. I am very attentive to your suggestions and remarks. I also wanted to know your opinion about whether to produce me or not brass lines 0.0145 of different lengths ready for flight. I wish all excellent flights.
Regards
RusLan.

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2018, 07:12:06 AM »
I'm still having trouble here.
The supplier says that the lines are .0145" diameter.   The rules say .015. .0145 1s NOT .015
Why is there even a question as to the legality for 64 ounce planes in the US?
.0145 lines may be fine in FAI, but to be legal for competition here in the US a model must weigh 40 ounces or less....

Spider wire IS acceptable in the correct size.

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2018, 08:10:45 AM »
I'm still having trouble here.
The supplier says that the lines are .0145" diameter.   The rules say .015. .0145 1s NOT .015
Why is there even a question as to the legality for 64 ounce planes in the US?
.0145 lines may be fine in FAI, but to be legal for competition here in the US a model must weigh 40 ounces or less....

Spider wire IS acceptable in the correct size.
Cut and paste FROM the rules:

"Measuring instruments for checking line diameter shall be capable of
measuring to .0001". These measurements shall be rounded off to the
nearest thousandth (.001) as follows: .0001" to .0004" shall be dropped,
and .0005" to .0009" shall be rounded up to the next highest thousandth
(.001)"

.0145 rounds to .015

These lines are actually stronger than std .015's and better BUT not everybody reads the rule book and I would like a pronouncement from those that wrote it before investing in outfitting all of my planes with them.

Ken

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2018, 05:28:50 PM »
Ruslan,
  All is working well. I've noticed a darkening of the lines, is this okay? I'm wiping with acetone prior to every flight and light coat of air tool oil for storage. Acetone again prior to first flight.

Tom
AMA 13001

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2018, 08:37:26 PM »
Motorman,
  I have 15 flights on them. I'm using a paper towel? I definitely think you're on to something. Where I'm noticing the darkening is within 1-1.5 feet of the leadouts. I'm betting that little chatter  I feel is the lines rubbing and wearing off the plating.  I'll definitely roll them out tomorrow and inspect a little closer.

Thanks!!!
Tom
AMA 13001

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #123 on: July 16, 2018, 02:15:56 AM »
Hi Tom. Hello to all the readers of the forum. I wrote at the beginning of the discussion that the lines darken after 30-50 flights. This is normal. This does not affect the quality of the lines. A thin layer of brass is worn with a rag and gasoline. My lines always darken after 50 flights. Write more often about your tests, ask questions, comments, suggestions. I very carefully read your messages and be sure to answer within 24 hours. Now there is not enough time for answers, but this is only until the end of the World Championship in France. I wish all excellent flights.Regards.Ruslan Kurenkov.

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #124 on: July 16, 2018, 05:17:28 AM »
Thanks Ruslan!

Good Luck!

Tom
AMA 13001

Offline Al Ferraro

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2018, 08:42:37 PM »
The lines should be measured without the brass coating, the strength is in the steel not the brass coating.  So in reality you guys are flying with .013 or .012 lines  %^@
Al

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2018, 01:47:56 PM »
Hi Ruslan :

After 35-40 flights, I see very slight color discoloration. I copper wrap my ends and that area was the first to discolor- likely due to the natural oils and salts from sweat in our hands. That very same thing happens to the  copper wrapped ends of my stainless and solid lines , so I'm not at all concerned about that.

I'm wiping my lines with a clean white sock  lightly doused with Acetone. Seeing some dark brown from the brass. Going to next try a micro-fiber towel.
 I was initially using "Goof Off" to clean them, but stopped. At first, I was wearing latex gloves because it's certainly harmful to our skin( to say nothing of our model finishes )to use such powerful chemicals.  I Googled the dangers of skin contact with  lacquer thinners, lighter fluid , gasoline and Acetone. As one would expect, they're all bad news and even though I've been handling this stuff for over 50 years, I'm more concerned about carcinogenics at this point in my life than ever before. Guess I want to hang in there some more for the sake of my children and grandchildren. Strangely enough, I discovered  through research that traces of Acetone can be found in our bodies and if kept to a  very minimum, we're ok. Any doctors out there , please tell me otherwise and I'll follow.

Back to the lines, I double wrap around the thimbles which is a little more tricky than stainless but  doable.
I will definitely seal the ends prior to snipping with either CA+ , nail polish or some other clear product. I think that is extremely important ;not only for easier  handling during preparation but to prevent wire fray at the thimble end  where the  last of the wire exits.
I continue to wipe them with a fine instrument oil after each session and store them in a paper lunch bag in the driest area of my home.
If anyone out their interprets some or all of this care and concern as a p.i.a. , well it sorta is but its well worth it and based on my current experiences, I won't hesitate to continue to use them with the expectation that they should be replaced once a year. They sure feel great. The brass/steel .016s I use may not be AMA legal at events like the NATS, but I keep a set of solids which have a similar feel should I ever decide to dip my toe again.
 Glenview NAS  '72 was a long, long time ago...

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2018, 01:54:08 PM »
I bought a couple of sets and if I can manage to build a plane under 64oz ready to fly, I will use them.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #128 on: July 17, 2018, 09:13:09 PM »
In all my years of using cable and solid lines I have never used any thing other than a clean rag to wipe down my lines.   If I make a pass and the cloth looks really dirty I may go down them again.   I was told by an individual that when you use a cleaner like alcohol, acetone ao any thing else you are removing the natural oil of the lines.  He stated that is why some line get rusty areas to them. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Curare

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2018, 01:42:11 AM »
Ruslan, I just tried ordering some lines from you, but it seems I cannot order them through Amazon.com and get them to Australia.

I'm not sure how the other guy did it. I just get a response saying:
"We are unable to ship non-digital items from amazon.com to Australian shipping addresses.
Please choose a shipping address that is not in Australia to proceed. Some restrictions may still apply depending on the item" 

Amazon.com.au does not list them either.

Is there another way I can order lines from you?
Greg Kowalski
AUS 36694

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2018, 10:52:31 PM »
Hi Curare
If you want to purchase lines then email me your order. I will send you lines from Ukraine. The delivery time is 2-4 weeks. Here is my mail: controllineparts@gmail.com
Regards
Ruslan

Offline Vitalis Pilkionis

• Commander
« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2018, 06:55:00 AM »
I'm wiping with acetone prior to every flight and light coat of air tool oil for storage. Acetone again prior to first flight.

I would like to warn everyone here not to use acetone for cleaning lines, especially copper coated. While it is a good degreaser, it is also a very chemically active substance, forcing corrosion processes on various metals and oxidation on other materials. If talking particularly about copper, then acetone is especially adverse there, because of photochemically reaction which occurs between it, water wapor and a copper. As a result, an intense corrosion of copper takes a place.

https://www.stonybrook.edu/vescalab/research/research7.html

Happy landings,
Vitalis

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2018, 07:19:12 AM »
Thanks Vitalis for the heads up.
Can I get some clarity on the best practice to ensure the best integrity of the Brass coated(copper& zinc) lines. I did go back and see Ruslan's comments in quotation boxes in this thread.
I will now list my proposed regime with the input from this thread.

1. Clean lines with gasoline with a microfiber towel prior to each flight.
2. For storage clean first with gasoline and then apply a light coat of air tool oil.
3. Store in a breathable container in the driest location possible. Right now they are on my office desk! I will not keep in my basement.

Sorry for being so thick headed but, I have a friend that used similar lines in combat. They were exposed to some rain and left in his flight box. When removed they fell apart. I just want to make sure I am doing my due diligence in keeping my lines in the best possible shape to maintain their integrity.

I love the lines and love my airplane!
I hope I'm helping others with trying to get a clear maintenance procedure.

Thanks,
Tom
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 10:18:20 AM by Tom Luciano »
AMA 13001

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2018, 09:11:22 AM »
I would like to warn everyone here not to use acetone for cleaning lines, especially copper coated. While it is a good degreaser, it is also a very chemically active substance, forcing corrosion processes on various metals and oxidation on other materials. If talking particularly about copper, then acetone is especially adverse there, because of photochemically reaction which occurs between it, water wapor and a copper. As a result, an intense corrosion of copper takes a place.

https://www.stonybrook.edu/vescalab/research/research7.html
VITALIS :
I read that the lines are steel and brass, not copper. The only copper in the the ends; be they copper wire wrapped or copper tube crimp. So, why would Acetone create an issue ?
FRANK

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2018, 09:24:30 AM »
Brass = copper + zinc  :)

FWIW so far I have used isopropyl alcohol for cleaning my lines, but would also like to know long term how to treat them.

It was very nice meeting  Ruslan at the practice site in Landres, I probably should have asked him there.
MAAC 8177

Offline Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2018, 09:31:38 AM »
CHEMICAL RESISTANCE CHART(PDF)

www.quickcutgasket.com/pdf/chemical-resistance-chart.pdf

This rates Acetone "A"- safe when in contact with brass

Doubt if there is problem. Leave it up to the individual.

Frank

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2018, 03:41:39 PM »
Thanks Vitalis for the heads up.
Can I get some clarity on the best practice to ensure the best integrity of the Brass coated(copper& zinc) lines. I did go back and see Ruslan's comments in quotation boxes in this thread.
I will now list my proposed regime with the input from this thread.

1. Clean lines with gasoline with a microfiber towel prior to each flight.
2. For storage clean first with gasoline and then apply a light coat of air tool oil.
3. Store in a breathable container in the driest location possible. Right now they are on my office desk! I will not keep in my basement.

Sorry for being so thick headed but, I have a friend that used similar lines in combat. They were exposed to some rain and left in his flight box. When removed they fell apart. I just want to make sure I am doing my due diligence in keeping my lines in the best possible shape to maintain their integrity.

I love the lines and love my airplane!
I hope I'm helping others with trying to get a clear maintenance procedure.

Thanks,
Tom

I did want to correct myself. Ruslan stated to clean with Gasoline for lighters. I believe he's speaking of Ronson lighter fluid/Naptha.
AMA 13001

Offline jfv

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2018, 03:48:00 PM »
I have some 91% isopropal alcohol.  I think that would be OK.  How about 70%
Jim Vigani

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2018, 01:17:08 AM »
That copper plating is really thin, it will go away after short time and remains naked steel line. So it needs the same maintenance like classic music wire lines. I clean them with rain-x and it works well. The point is to have shiny surface on places where lines touch each other, means on outer side of cable. It will always be dark inside between the sigle wires and brown color is normal, especially after first rain or fog.

I simply soak small paper towel with rain-x and clean them while they make brown lines on white towel. Then I fly them may be 10 or 20 flights. Since I fly electric, they stay clean long time, because nanotech rain-x (unlike any other classic oil) repeals dust. However when I flew IC releasing castor to the air I needed clean them very often.

Offline Vitalis Pilkionis

• Commander
« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2018, 04:21:11 AM »
I use petroleum solvent, which is called NEFRAS in some eastern europe countries. Also it is the same liquid as Benzin Galosha. And when I lived in Denmark I found it there as Rense Benzin.

Vitalis

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2018, 08:50:58 PM »
Hello, Matt. On my brass-line the whole team of China flew. They bought from me 20 sets of 0.0145 and 10 sets of 0.016. Also the entire national team of Ukraine and about 10 more pilots.
Regards. Ruslan

RIGHT . Well then. There ya go . It appears that they might work o.k. then .
Like the idea of the Windex anti static , or at least anti dust , Igor .

Wonder what happens if you magnetise lines . Both negative and theyed repel each other so wouldnt stick .
No drag as the air wouldnt stick and 10 /10 faster on T/R .  VD~ or would it disolve the molecular structure .

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #141 on: July 24, 2018, 03:00:34 PM »
Brass = copper + zinc  :)

FWIW so far I have used isopropyl alcohol for cleaning my lines, but would also like to know long term how to treat them.

It was very nice meeting  Ruslan at the practice site in Landres, I probably should have asked him there.
Hello, Hello Pat
Thank you.
I was also very pleased to meet and talk with you a week ago at the start in Landres.
Thanks again for your order. I was very surprised when I saw the delivery from Amazon to you in Canada.
I was very pleased that you are using my brass lines at such major competitions Stunt pilots from around the world.
I also really like the method of wrapping lines with copper wire as you do.
In any alcohol there is water. Because of this, I do not use alcohol to wipe the lines. I use and recommend to all who have brass lines to use only Zippo gasoline. This is the most environmentally friendly and harmless product for you and for your hands.
Regards
RusLan Kurenkov

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #142 on: July 24, 2018, 03:32:49 PM »
Hello, Hello Pat
Thank you.
I was also very pleased to meet and talk with you a week ago at the start in Landres.
Thanks again for your order. I was very surprised when I saw the delivery from Amazon to you in Canada.
I was very pleased that you are using my brass lines at such major competitions Stunt pilots from around the world.
I also really like the method of wrapping lines with copper wire as you do.
In any alcohol there is water. Because of this, I do not use alcohol to wipe the lines. I use and recommend to all who have brass lines to use only Zippo gasoline. This is the most environmentally friendly and harmless product for you and for your hands.
Regards
RusLan Kurenkov
I that what we call "Lighter Fluid"?  I am using Acetone - is that a bad thing?

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #143 on: July 24, 2018, 03:47:11 PM »
I that what we call "Lighter Fluid"?  I am using Acetone - is that a bad thing?

Ken

Hi Ken
Acetone is a poison.
This is very bad for you and for your hands.
At us in Ukraine acetone is a narcotic substance.
Buy it can only large medical enterprises with a license and wholesale. In free sale of acetone is not.
Use products that will not harm your health.
At the moment - it's gasoline Zippo or its analog.
Regards
RusLan

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #144 on: July 24, 2018, 05:33:44 PM »
Hi Ken
Acetone is a poison.
This is very bad for you and for your hands.
At us in Ukraine acetone is a narcotic substance.
Buy it can only large medical enterprises with a license and wholesale. In free sale of acetone is not.
Use products that will not harm your health.
At the moment - it's gasoline Zippo or its analog.
Regards
RusLan
I assume this is what you are referring to.  I will stop drinking Acetone immediately!

Thanks - Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #145 on: August 10, 2018, 05:45:37 PM »
Hello,friends!
Thank you all for the reports on brass lines that you write here on the forum and for the messages that come to me via e-mail.
I am very glad to communicate with athletes from different countries and I want to thank you for your orders and feedback.
I spend a lot of time to absolutely everyone who bought my lines were happy. This is the most important thing for me.
Recently, to provide a broader range of management lines, I've included my website:
https://controllineparts.com
I think that for the first time there will be noticeable inaccuracies in the work of the site, for which I apologize in advance. On the service for the buyer this will not be reflected in any way.
Also I want to place a link to my page in the space for sellers and thank the administration of the forum Hangar for it.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/controllineparts-com/welcome-ruslan-kurenkov/msg527424/#new
I wish all excellent flights!
Regards
Ruslan
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 08:07:50 AM by Ruslan Kurenkov »

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #146 on: August 11, 2018, 08:42:16 PM »
I bought my first set Friday and I won't get them until next week. .016 64 foot. I will let everyone know how they work.
AMA 12366

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #147 on: August 15, 2018, 03:30:49 PM »
Hello,friends!
Yesterday, at the request of buyers on the site https://controllineparts.com/
PayPal payment system was installed.
Ruslan Kurenkov
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 04:38:07 AM by Ruslan Kurenkov »

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2018, 02:26:10 PM »
Hello, friends !
In September, the price on the line was significantly reduced on my sales website.
I did this for athletes who are outside the US, and can now purchase lines through Pay Pal at the same price as Amazon America buyers.
Regards
Ruslan

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #149 on: September 12, 2018, 07:36:35 PM »
Hello, friends !
In September, the price on the line was significantly reduced on my sales website.
I did this for athletes who are outside the US, and can now purchase lines through Pay Pal at the same price as Amazon America buyers.
Regards
Ruslan

Ruslan, thank you! I ordered 2 sets to try on my new favorite airplane. The lines look very well made. The packaging is exceptional and very professional. The price per set is great, especially with Amazon prime and the free shipping. Your efforts are to be commended.

Advertise Here

Advertise Here