News:

• March 28, 2024, 08:21:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ukraine lines  (Read 47336 times)

Online Guy Markham

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Re: Ukraine lines
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2018, 04:10:25 PM »
       What about :Profi control line cable wire steel .016" х 60 ft (18.3m) 2 sets .One set of characteristics:
On both sides soldered ring fastening.
Material - steel spring coated (no rust)
Length -  60 ft  (18.3 m)
Diameter - .016" (0,45 mm)
3 threads
Pitch of 5,2 mm
Breaking strength 280N

On e-bay?????
You only have to floss the teeth you want to keep!

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2018, 04:59:22 PM »
Frank, did you measure elasticity of two lines in parallel? Your PAW elasticity numbers are half what I measured for one line.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Frank Wadle

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2018, 05:03:46 PM »
No. Just one line was measured.
I repeated the measurement a few times to make sure I'm not messing things up. I used a digital scale for the force (kilograms) and a simple ruler for the stretch.

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2018, 05:34:35 PM »
I made some errors in converting your measurements.  Our results for PAW (Staystrate) and F2D lines are pretty close now that I corrected my calculation:
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Online Peter Germann

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2018, 03:48:15 AM »
Hi Peter,
 I have plenty of ASTO 500, you can have it if you want.
Thanks for the offer Lauri. If you come to Schwalbennest regionals on Sunday April 29, please carry a little for me
rgds Peter
Peter Germann

Offline Keith Renecle

• Captain
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2018, 10:52:22 PM »
I've used these brass coated 4 strand lines since 2012 and will not go back to anything else........until something better comes along! They fly well in the rain and feel as good (when it comes to stretch) as very clean solids and Staytrate lines. I know that some of the top pilots use a small amount of Rain-X on the front edge of a paper towel and then have a larger piece dry to wipe excess Rain-X off again as they clean the lines. Maybe Igor will add what he does because he uses these lines.

My step-son Conrad built a Cardinal some years ago with a ST 51 in it that weighed around 67 oz. with fuel in it. We made a set of 0.018" cables for it and it flew o.k. but I battled to get a good trim with the line drag. Even watching it bow like that just did not feel right to me. I tested it on 0.014 solids and it was a lot nicer to fly and easier to trim but Conrad stuck to the 0.018 cables because they were much easier to keep in good condition. I then went to Staystrate lines and used that for competition for a few years until I got the brass-coated 4 strand lines. My electric model called Newtron 2 weighs 66 oz. and I don't feel any stretch problems and the lines don't stick easily. I usually give them a wipe with Acetone and if I do fly in wetter weather I use Rain-X. Our climate here in Johannesburg South Africa is mostly dry.
Keith R

Offline katana

• Commander
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2018, 04:10:46 AM »
       What about :Profi control line cable wire steel .016" х 60 ft (18.3m) 2 sets .One set of characteristics:
On both sides soldered ring fastening.
Material - steel spring coated (no rust)
Length -  60 ft  (18.3 m)
Diameter - .016" (0,45 mm)
3 threads
Pitch of 5,2 mm
Breaking strength 280N

On e-bay?????

I'll let you know - I ordered a couple of sets at the weekend. For the price it was worth a punt! Of course I may just stack the new built Nobler after 1/2 a lap - who knows!

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2018, 01:52:28 PM »
I'll let you know - I ordered a couple of sets at the weekend. For the price it was worth a punt! Of course I may just stack the new built Nobler after 1/2 a lap - who knows!
[/quote]
Hello.
I know this seller very well.
These control lines are delivered to Ebay too from Ukraine.
This is a very good and high-quality cable that is sealed at the ends.
The diameter is slightly incorrect. The real diameter of these lines is 0.40-0.42mm. I tested these lines many times and used them throughout the 2015 season for training. These lines are slightly weaker when testing for a break. These lines of the Russian production (Magnitogorsk) during testing (at least 10 tests) were destroyed at a load of 22-24 kg (48-50 lb). The lines that I use (the Belarusian production of Zhlobin, see image at the bottom of the list) were destroyed during testing (at least 10 tests) for a break at a load of 28-30kg (60-65lb) per line! (not two). In the production of their lines, before sending, I can test them only with a load of 50lb (24 kg) per line (no more). With a greater load, the eyelets on the ends of the lines begin to deform. They are made of a round form into an oval (not a commercial kind). But at the same time ready-to-use lines in the places of the eyelet fastenings and in the places of the crimping copper tubes are not destroyed.
Regards.
Ruslan Kurenkov

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2018, 04:11:28 PM »
Ruslan, do you have a way we can buy 2 x 70' x .016" with no ends? Thanks,
Motorman 8)
Hello Motorman
On Amazon, I supplied a trial (experimental) batch of 20 different control lines. In each version there were only 10 units of goods. The lines of 0.016x2x70' were all sold during the week. Now in stock in America there are only kits of 0.0145x2x70' (10 pieces), delivery time is 3-5 days in America.
A new lot of lines 0.016х2х70' will arrive at the Amazon warehouse only in 2 weeks.
Kits 0.016 and 0.0145 differ only in diameter, they have the same strengths (60-65 lb).
Personally, I use lines with a diameter of 0.0145 (0.366mm) for an airplane (photo) weighing 1800 grams (64 oz) with a .76 Stalker.
I very much apologize to all athletes who could not purchase kits because of their lack of stock.
Regards
Ruslan Kurenkov

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2018, 08:26:02 AM »
Hello.
Today a set of control lines 0.016х2х70 (20pcs) was delivered to Amazon (USA). All 20 sets were produced, tested and packed by me for dispatch by airmail DHL exactly 2 weeks ago. The exact diameter of the lines is 0.415mm (0.016). Each of the two brass-coated steel lines was tested with a force of 18 kg (40 lb) before winding onto the plastic coil. Effort at which the line is completely destroyed - 28-30 kg (61-66lb). The lines are very even, length 21.5m (70ft), the highest quality. Delivery in America is free for 5 days. International air delivery of control lines from Kiev, Ukraine - at least 14 (working) days.
I wish you all a wonderful flight.
Regards
Ruslan Kurenkov   /    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077XQ6985

Offline Igor Burger

• Admiral
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2018, 09:51:32 AM »
I know that some of the top pilots use a small amount of Rain-X on the front edge of a paper towel and then have a larger piece dry to wipe excess Rain-X off again as they clean the lines. Maybe Igor will add what he does because he uses these lines.

Well, I do not use those lines as was stated, and I am also not World champion, Orestes is, but at least I am holder of World cup, not Sergey  ;D , so  I think I can comment because I use similar (very similar, but this is private forum, so I am not going to make adverts here) but Ruslan is right, several friends here around use them.

Difference between stainless cables and this steel is much higher strength and much lower stretch. So it is very good choice if you want keep in touch with model. It is like one size larger stainless cables, but with clear disadvantage of higher weight. There is little problem with 4 strand cables regarding AMA rules, since wires does not fit to nice 7 strand organization. The diameter can change regarding applied force, so it can give another diameter measured gently with Vernier caliper and different if pressed with micrometric screw. I remember similar problems with combats. So it is necessary remember when thinking about proper diameter.

Lines are plated, but it does not mean they cannot rust, it is necessary to clean them in case of flying in water (rain, wet grass etc). Keith is right, we use Rain-x (or any other liquid wipers) for cleaning. I simply put few drops on small piece of paper towel and I clean them normally. They will stay clean many flights on electric, but if used on IC, it needs cleaning from oil more often the same way.

Offline Mike Scholtes

• Admiral
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2018, 08:46:20 PM »
I ordered a set of 60 foot .0165 ready-made lines from the link in Ruslan's 4-25-18 post above, got them today. If weather flyable will put a few flights on them tomorrow and report back.

Offline Lyle Spiegel

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2018, 02:05:04 PM »
In post by Igor mention is made of lines being plated. I assume he means chrome plating similar to that applied to cylinder liner wall and not the type used for decorative purpose ( automobile trim).Usual chrome plating is applied in chemical bath  only few thousandths thick. I would be concerned about the risk that there could be localized condition where plating is too thin or missing due to variations in plating process. Also, wiping down could have added risk due to abrasion from wiping with a papertowl that is too abrasive.
Lyle Spiegel AMA 19775

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2018, 12:46:28 AM »
Brass , i think youll find .

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2018, 04:39:09 PM »
All good day and good mood.
I want to inform the members of the forum who were interested in me with brass lines 0.016x2x70', that today Amazon opened the beginning of sales and control lines that were active on the 25th.
Also in the warehouse in New York now there are available lines 0.0145x2x70' ready to be shipped with 3-5 days delivery.
Who wants to test brass lines and write their test scores here, write me a message and I'll send you the lines for free.
For athletes who ordered lines of a certain length for me, I made them to order lines 63.3' (Australia) 62' and 63' (USA) 59' (Europe), while the price for free-of-charge lines was no more than $ 30.
Almost all orders (9 out of 10) apply only to brass lines.
Stainless steel lines also have very high quality, very high flight characteristics, and also tested the brass lines before packing and shipping. For these lines, I can provide a good discount for increasing sales and freeing the warehouse. Write. I will be glad to communicate with you.
I wish all good flights.
Ruslan

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2018, 06:02:30 PM »
Hi Ruslan   I did get my lines I ordered, they really look and  feel good, and looks  like  there should be  no problems with  AMA  size rules
I will let you know when I get time  flying  them,  Thanks for  the  product

Regards
Randy Smith

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2018, 06:35:30 PM »
Theyre learning all about Capitalism There !

while the price for free-of-charge lines was no more than $ 30.

I think He must work for the Govt., or a advertising Agency .  LL~ LL~

Just Stirring , Ruslan . The wording in English . = Buy a Dozen & SAVE Twelve Times as much !  ;D :-X

H^^

Offline PJ Rowland

• AUS - 29541 AMA - 809970
  • Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2018, 08:44:15 PM »
Not sure why anyone used Rainx as a cleaner..

The issue is; the oil residue in the air from flying and other airbornd contaminents. Bugs.. etc.

Rainx is not a hard cleaner. I tested lots of different products ( close to 50!) And found over the counter carburettor cleaner to work the best. Cleans and leaves zero residue.

Id like to try these lines.
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2018, 10:08:54 PM »
The brown  oooze  that comes up from the  L pad in Muncie is  hard to get off  the lines, I found  only acetone would  clean it off, and  I tried many things.  It is much better now that they have paved over it again

Randy

Offline Frank Wadle

• Lieutenant
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2018, 07:48:02 AM »
I have just received a sample of Italian made lines.
4strand
Steel with a silver coating (looks like stainless but its actually steel)
0.019" measured diameter
Should be much superior to the 0.018" stainless stuff.

If anyone is interested then simply drop me an E-mail
frank_wadle(at)yahoo.de

Regards from Germany
Frank Wadle

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2018, 02:00:08 PM »
Hi Ruslan   I did get my lines I ordered, they really look and  feel good, and looks  like  there should be  no problems with  AMA  size rules
I will let you know when I get time  flying  them,  Thanks for  the  product

Regards
Randy Smith
Hi Randy
I'm very glad that you got my brass control lines so quickly.
We'll all be waiting for your feedback.
If the length of the lines is not enough for you, then from yesterday you can purchase a set of control lines 70 feet in length on the Amazon whale and set your own length size. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077XQ6985?th=1
Regards
Ruslan Kurenkov

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2018, 09:45:28 PM »
The brown  oooze  that comes up from the  L pad in Muncie is  hard to get off  the lines, I found  only acetone would  clean it off, and  I tried many things.  It is much better now that they have paved over it again

The very first surface that looked like a tennis court was awful for that. Lacquer thinner or acetone, and a lot of it. Alcohol-based cleaners (like the base of Rain-X) wouldn't touch it.

I really liked the light gray, it made it very easy to see. I don't care for the black surface for the visibility, but at least it doesn't ooze out asphalt or leave marks from lawn chairs like the original surface.

Brett

Online Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • At the 69 Willow Grove NATS with J.D. FALCON II
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2018, 06:09:47 AM »
Hi Rusian :
I'm not a world class stunt flier or even a National class one for that matter, but I've been told that I build nice ships and like most, I want to keep them that way. So (like all here) any changes I make to line usage  are approached with an abundance of caution. It has helped to read other's testimonials , for sure.
 I prefer to wrap ends rather than crimp- would that cause a problem ? Have you conducted pull test experiments with wrapped ends ? I would be cutting them down to 65' eyelet to eyelet.

I'm presently flying a 64 ounce model on 7 strand .015s.  The lines feel stretchy in the wind. I have a set of .014 solids that feel great, but I often fly alone on early mornings with heavy dew on the grass.  Of course, that's a no-no with solids and handling them by myself is an exercise in extreme caution so as to not allow them to become a Slinky toy. Therefore, they sit in my box.
The discoloration from dew won't bother me, but the wrapped copper wire ends will likely more quickly discolor as well from migration (plus dew and handling).
 I'm not sure whether or not the soft, pliable wire we use to wrap more quickly weaken as a result. 

Of note, your 70' lines using Amazon Prime are now $26.99, not $21.99 (USA)

Your comments appreciated.

Online Massimo Rimoldi

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2018, 07:13:23 AM »

I prefer to wrap ends rather than crimp- would that cause a problem ? Have you conducted pull test experiments with wrapped ends ? I would be cutting them down to 65' eyelet to eyelet.

Hi Frank.
Here in Italy and in the rest of Europe many fliers use these lines (or similar ones) by wrapping the ends with copper wire.
I never heard that this was a problem, it just takes a little more time to do the job.

Good flights, Massimo

Offline Frank Wadle

• Lieutenant
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2018, 07:27:04 AM »
Wrapping with copper wire as per AMA suggestion is no problem. That is what I do ever since I started CL Flying 20 years ago.
It is the best way of making lines in my eyes, no matter what material the cables are.

I wonder if someone in the USA is willing to test the 0.019" 4strand steel cables that I can offer for those with planes heavier than 64Oz.

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2018, 02:37:34 PM »
Hi Rusian :
I'm not a world class stunt flier or even a National class one for that matter, but I've been told that I build nice ships and like most, I want to keep them that way. So (like all here) any changes I make to line usage  are approached with an abundance of caution. It has helped to read other's testimonials , for sure.

I'm presently flying a 64 ounce model on 7 strand .015s.  The lines feel stretchy in the wind. I have a set of .014 solids that feel great, but I often fly alone on early mornings with heavy dew on the grass.  Of course, that's a no-no with solids and handling them by myself is an exercise in extreme caution so as to not allow them to become a Slinky toy. Therefore, they sit in my box.
The discoloration from dew won't bother me, but the wrapped copper wire ends will likely more quickly discolor as well from migration (plus dew and handling).
 I'm not sure whether or not the soft, pliable wire we use to wrap more quickly weaken as a result. 

Hi Frank
I am very glad that one month ago I had the opportunity to communicate on this forum with athletes like you.
I like to communicate with all sportsmen without exception who love our sport and respect the opinion of the interlocutor. The most important thing in our sport is communication.
Now about the control line.
If you use copper wires at the ends of the lines instead of crimp pipes, this is very good. The most important thing is to use the method of closing the ends that you like best and which you know how to do well. I also used this method of closing lines as you did before. But two years ago I decided to try and test the method of sealing using a copper tube. I was taught this method by my American friend.
After that I use only crimp copper tubes. This method for me was more convenient, fast, and very reliable.
The price of my control lines is now reduced to $ 25 for Amazon. This is my lowest price, taking into account the payment of all taxes and free shipping. Amazon provides a service to Prime not always and probably not for everyone. Very much depends on your account of the buyer.
Write me your address and I'll send you one set of 0.0145x2x70. After flights and comparison with the lines of 0.015 write your review.
You can set the length of the lines themselves and fix the ends of the lines with copper wire instead of copper tubes. I tested the lines for maximum force with copper wire and copper tubes. No difference. Both methods are good.
Regards
Ruslan Kurenkov

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2018, 08:02:39 AM »
Hi Rusian :

[/quote]
Hello Frank
Today on Amazon Prime day.
All control lines are sold as Prime.
Each individual buyer has its own discount.
Regards
Ruslan

Online Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #77 on: May 16, 2018, 12:15:20 PM »
Hi Ruslan : Received the  4 strand .016 brass/stainless  lines (thank you) and have put exactly one flight on them ( when almost sundown).The weather on the East coast (USA) has been windy and rainy. My first impression is that you have a quality product. I plan to do some back to back comparisons between  7-strand braided and your product. I also have solids(.014) to compare. Will do a review on Amazon afterwards.

I wiped them down with "Goof- Off " which  conveniently comes in a lighter fluid size can and is probably as strong as Acetone.
Before reeling them up, I applied "Stared Machine Oil" which is a very high quality fine (measurement) instrument oil. I'm storing the lines in a sealed plastic bag in the driest (least humid).
I'll be certain to wipe the oil off prior to first flight of each session.

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2018, 12:26:39 PM »
I've read this thread and reread it....
It puzzles me why the Communists didn't read the AMA rules if the AMA is their target market? Surely they are capable of making wire that will meet the AMA wire size guides? Do we need to change rules to accommodate a manufacturer that doesn't wish to comply with them?

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2018, 12:39:20 PM »
Does not the  AMA rules  have a  plus or  minus  tolerance ?   I remember  something  about 10% ,  the lines I have measure  .017

Randy

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2018, 01:07:43 PM »
Does not the  AMA rules  have a  plus or  minus  tolerance ?   I remember  something  about 10% ,  the lines I have measure  .017

Randy

Well...only from memory, but I believe it says Minimum Diameter!  That would mean any tolerance would make the lines larger in diameter!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2018, 01:23:18 PM »
It puzzles me why the Communists didn't read the AMA rules if the AMA is their target market? Surely they are capable of making wire that will meet the AMA wire size guides? Do we need to change rules to accommodate a manufacturer that doesn't wish to comply with them?

NO, we don't change it for them but we do need to change that rule.  Pull test only.  You should be able to fly on kite string if i will pass a strong pull test with say 5 sec. hold at maximum pull.

FYI - Neither Russia or Ukraine are communist.
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2018, 01:57:10 PM »

Really Peabody??? Where have you been for the past 20 years or so!

The proposed rules change is only to please us the US fliers.   The fact that it will simply make more sense to only have a pull test is the big issue!  Besides, some testing I did on lines of different manufacture about 20 years ago showed serious deficiencies in breaking strength.  So serious that I decided not to publish the results to keep from opening a can of worms!  Besides, in my opinion the facts from flying in the field supported the fact that the required line sizes were less than desirable anyway.

Also having minimum line sizes and a pull test is pretty much a waste of time.  The pull test is the definitive test of whether or not the lines will fail!  I'm sure that Europeans both Eastern and Western are a bit ahead of us "US" in this issue.

Also your statement seems a bit Communist! Or is it Faschist!  I get confused since they both seem about the same in the end!   I believe the Ukraine is definitely a Democracy!

Uhhh... where did you go to school?  Done any reading lately?  Hmmmm...I thought not!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2018, 01:59:51 PM »
My belief is that if the Academy allows "pull test only", it would open itself to yuge lawsuits should an injury occur while a flier was using smaller lines than previously allowed....regression generally opens that avenue.

Online Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2018, 02:53:57 PM »
Hi Ruslan :
Just re-read your storage recommendations. Out with the plastic baggie and in with a small cardboard box ! ( all stored in my wooden office desk).

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2018, 03:32:14 PM »
Hi Ruslan : Received the  4 strand .016 brass/stainless  lines (thank you) and have put exactly one flight on them ( when almost sundown).The weather on the East coast (USA) has been windy and rainy. My first impression is that you have a quality product. I plan to do some back to back comparisons between  7-strand braided and your product. I also have solids(.014) to compare. Will do a review on Amazon afterwards.

I wiped them down with "Goof- Off " which  conveniently comes in a lighter fluid size can and is probably as strong as Acetone.
Before reeling them up, I applied "Stared Machine Oil" which is a very high quality fine (measurement) instrument oil. I'm storing the lines in a sealed plastic bag in the driest (least humid).
I'll be certain to wipe the oil off prior to first flight of each session.
Hello Frank
Thank you for your feedback.
I will be very grateful if you leave your feedback on Amazon.
I will wait for your new flights and new information about the product.
Be sure before each first flight, wipe your lines from the remains of engine oil with a piece of cotton cloth moistened in gasoline for lighters (or Acetone).
Keep brass lines in a dry place. Do not use a plastic bag for storage. The moisture that could remain inside the lines should completely evaporate. In a plastic bag, moisture does not evaporate, and with a sudden change in ambient temperature, condensation may form which will result in corrosion.
I wish you good flights.
Regards,Ruslan

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2018, 04:54:52 PM »
My belief is that if the Academy allows "pull test only", it would open itself to yuge lawsuits should an injury occur while a flier was using smaller lines than previously allowed....regression generally opens that avenue.

Well, I happen to believe in the "Rule of law"  not the Rule of Lawyers!.  In fact it's really time to do something about the "Stinking Lawyers"!

The only regression here is in the mental attitude of people who think we have to control everything just to keep from getting sued!  That means people like you Peabody.  Oh yeah, are you a lawyer?  No, then for heavens sake Shut up!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline frank williams

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2018, 06:09:25 PM »

Randy

from general cl section ....
Measuring instruments for checking line diameter shall be capable of
measuring to .0001". These measurements shall be rounded off to the
nearest thousandth (.001) as follows: .0001" to .0004" shall be dropped,
and .0005" to .0009" shall be rounded up to the next highest thousandth
(.001).

....so for 0.018 lines can go down to 0.0175 and be legal ....

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2018, 02:39:32 PM »
Hello!
I read very carefully the latest messages in the topic and I want to say something.
There are a lot of sportsmen in this forum both from the USA and from different countries and different continents.
Competitions in Europe and Australia are conducted according to the rules of the FAI.
Competitions in the US are conducted according to the rules of the AMA.
I have great respect for both rules and strictly observe them.
Each athlete decides for himself how and on what technique he should act in accordance with the requirements of the organizer of the competitions and rules.
One athlete has a light aircraft and can afford to use smaller lines. Another sportsman can have an airplane that exceeds 64 ounces. There are so many different options.
I think you can not just blame anyone for using brass lines without taking into account the weight of the aircraft and not knowing in which country this pilot is flying.
And also you can not humiliate a person calling him an atheist without asking him whether he believes in God or not.
I would like to ask the forum participants to be more polite to each other and treat each other with respect.
I wish all excellent flights.
Yours faithfully
Ruslan

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2018, 03:29:59 PM »
Hi All

I now  have got many sets of these lines from Ruslan, They are  Excellent Products, the lines are strong  and  feel very nice  when flying, LOW stretch , and  less drag than  the 018s I use, Similar feel  to the   NON stainless  solid lines I use, only much better and  NO sticking.  I also have other flyers  using  these  Like  Bill Rich , and  Frank McMillan, they lke them a lot  too.

I can use these on my 60 sized ships  with no problem  since they are  .0165  and  mic  .017, and my plane is  under  64 ounces, Others may not, But  they are a really great product  for big ships, and  anything under 64 that your using  solids  or 018.
Now  about the  tinner lines, They are  very much the same and  works  just as well  as the  .0165s

The only caution  I would tell you is to treat the  similar to solids , clean them, I store them in a white sport sock  and  take care   NOT to bend the lines back n forth at the  ends where they terminate.

All in all  a  Great Product !

Regards
Randy

Online Frank Imbriaco

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2018, 11:18:28 AM »
Hi Ruslan :
After a dozen or so flights , I'm  satisfied enough
to order a second set from Amazon. They feel great.
Good Luck and thank you for a very fine product.
Frank

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2018, 06:11:44 PM »
I ordered a set of .0145 from Amazon but they sent .0165.  Happens allot with Amazon so I am not shocked. My question is are these lines heavier than Sullivan .015 lines?  If they are lighter or the same I will use them even though they are thicker.  I am impressed with how they look.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2018, 05:50:59 AM »
I ordered a set of .0145 from Amazon but they sent .0165.  Happens allot with Amazon so I am not shocked. My question is are these lines heavier than Sullivan .015 lines?  If they are lighter or the same I will use them even though they are thicker.  I am impressed with how they look.

Ken
Hi Ken
I am grateful to you for your interest in my brass lines.
I'm very sorry that this happened.
Amazon sometimes makes mistakes when sending goods.
In the Amazon stock there are only 0.0165 lines.
I sell 0.0145 lines through Amazon, but not from the Amazon warehouse and from my warehouse in Staten Island (New York), Boston, or from Ukraine. Delivery time in America is from 7 days to 14 days.
Please tell me in your personal message your home address and I will send you tomorrow the lines 0.0145х2х70 from Boston. Delivery time 3 - 5 days.
Lines from Sullivan 0.015, like my 0.015 lines have a diameter of 0.38mm, brass lines 0.0165 have a diameter of 0.415mm - it's 0.035 mm larger. The weight of the lines is approximately the same. In the flight, 0.0165 lines are less stretched. They are more rigid. The command from your hand is quickly transferred to your aircraft.
I wish you good flights.
Regards,Ruslan

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2018, 10:17:40 AM »
Hi Ken
I am grateful to you for your interest in my brass lines.
I'm very sorry that this happened.
Amazon sometimes makes mistakes when sending goods.
In the Amazon stock there are only 0.0165 lines.
I sell 0.0145 lines through Amazon, but not from the Amazon warehouse and from my warehouse in Staten Island (New York), Boston, or from Ukraine. Delivery time in America is from 7 days to 14 days.
Please tell me in your personal message your home address and I will send you tomorrow the lines 0.0145х2х70 from Boston. Delivery time 3 - 5 days.
Lines from Sullivan 0.015, like my 0.015 lines have a diameter of 0.38mm, brass lines 0.0165 have a diameter of 0.415mm - it's 0.035 mm larger. The weight of the lines is approximately the same. In the flight, 0.0165 lines are less stretched. They are more rigid. The command from your hand is quickly transferred to your aircraft.
I wish you good flights.
Regards,Ruslan

Thank you for sending the .0145 lines.  I have used them and I am very impressed.  They seem to have considerably less resistance and have allowed me to go from 60 to 63' with no loss of overhead ability, even in wind.   Corners are easier.  I attribute that to less line stretch so the release from the corner is crisp.  I hope that the AMA reads it's own rules and does not rule them illegal.  I practice here with another expert flyer.  I gave him the extra set you gave me and he is eager to try them.

One comment that you may want to put into your instructions is that they will unravel easily when cut so before cutting them to length it is a good idea to put some tape or JD Weld, etc. just below where you plan to cut.  That is why mine are 63' instead of the 64' I had intended!

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2018, 09:22:05 PM »
Two week DELIVERY , Std Mail , Direct from Ukraine .

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2018, 03:07:12 PM »
Thank you for sending the .0145 lines.  I have used them and I am very impressed.  They seem to have considerably less resistance and have allowed me to go from 60 to 63' with no loss of overhead ability, even in wind.   Corners are easier.  I attribute that to less line stretch so the release from the corner is crisp.  I hope that the AMA reads it's own rules and does not rule them illegal.  I practice here with another expert flyer.  I gave him the extra set you gave me and he is eager to try them.

One comment that you may want to put into your instructions is that they will unravel easily when cut so before cutting them to length it is a good idea to put some tape or JD Weld, etc. just below where you plan to cut.  That is why mine are 63' instead of the 64' I had intended!

Ken
Hi Ken
Very good that you liked the brass lines 0.0145 of carbon steel. I previously used brass lines 0.0165. Now, in this and last year I use only lines 0.0145. This is because they are much thinner and lighter. They are much less active strong wind or gusts of wind, which are constantly blowing at the sports complex Chaika in Kiev. On the 0.0145 lines I feel more tension and better control of my airplane. On these lines, you can fly slower, not a 5.2 second circle as on 0.0165 and 5.3-5.4 seconds, so the tension of the lines and control over the aircraft does not change. At a lower speed, you have more time to make decisions. If the weight of your aircraft allows you to use the lines 0.0145 then uniquely use only these lines.
The only drawback of the 0.0145 lines is that when you snack them with pliers for your length they necessarily unfold on 4 separate, very thin and sharp steel wires.
I forgot to warn you about this. I apologize. Now in the description of these lines, I'm sure as you said I will indicate that before you bite the lines with metal clippers, you have to do so. 1 . To process with a cyacrylate a site of 5 sm (2 inches) and to process by the accelerator for glue then on the middle of the glued site it is possible to have a snack a line. Or use a soldering iron to process a section 5 cm long (2 inches) and then cut in the middle of the stuck area.
Thank you very much for the information on the lines.
I wish you good flights.
Regards,Ruslan
Two week DELIVERY , Std Mail , Direct from Ukraine .
Hi Matt
I am very pleased that the lines were delivered to you in Australia in just 2 weeks.
Write please how the lines of 0.0165 and 0.0145 behave in a very strong wind as you do and when flying under standard conditions.
Thank you. I wish you good flights.
Regards,Ruslan

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2018, 09:59:57 AM »
Hi
Today, in the Amazon stock for the US, new brass lines with a diameter of 0.016 and lengths of 60, 63, 64, 65 and 70 feet, and a diameter of 0.0145 with a length of 70 feet, have been on sale.
Brass Lines in the amount of 100 pcs. were produced by me only two weeks ago, and were delivered to the Amazon warehouse in just three days by the DHL service. Inventory completed.
All can buy lines at the lowest price with free shipping.
I wish all good flights and great sporting achievements!
Regards.
Ruslan Kurenkov.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 01:23:54 PM by Ruslan Kurenkov »

Offline Vitalis Pilkionis

• Commander
« Reply #97 on: June 17, 2018, 02:19:24 PM »
I have tried carbon steel 0.0145" lines from Ruslan today. After my old'n'trusty 7 strand 0.015" lines from MBS supply, the difference I felt was tiny, but it certainly was there. My model has not been perfectly trimmed yet, therefore it makes momentary yaws in hard corners which turns into springing along lines. But with ukrainian lines that springing was positively reduced.
Although the weather today was absolutely calm, so waiting to try them in some wind :)

Vitalis

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #98 on: June 17, 2018, 05:40:34 PM »
I have tried carbon steel 0.0145" lines from Ruslan today. After my old'n'trusty 7 strand 0.015" lines from MBS supply, the difference I felt was tiny, but it certainly was there. My model has not been perfectly trimmed yet, therefore it makes momentary yaws in hard corners which turns into springing along lines. But with ukrainian lines that springing was positively reduced.
Although the weather today was absolutely calm, so waiting to try them in some wind :)

Vitalis

Watch the line bow as you come into the wind.   Mine is substantially less.  I fly my .46 ships on 63'.  Tried them today on a .35 ship in about 10mph and the plane held out better than the old '60 .015's.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2018, 09:36:13 PM »
The Copper Coated Wires slide over ea other freely . They have less stretch than the Sig Stainless wire , and are well made .  H^^

Advertise Here

Advertise Here