News:

• March 29, 2024, 05:36:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ukey 35 Nose Length  (Read 930 times)

Offline David Hoover

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Ukey 35 Nose Length
« on: December 28, 2018, 10:20:02 AM »
To all you Ukey 35 owners out there, what's the distance from the wing leading edge to the front end of the fuselage?  The depth of the fuselage would also be useful.  I'm trying to decide if it's possible, without going through too many gyrations, to create an electric powered version.  My expectation is that there's less than optimal space available for the battery hence my curiosity about the nose length.

Thanks for the help.
Life is simple. Eat. Sleep. Fly!
Best, Hoovie

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
Re: Ukey 35 Nose Length
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 11:04:30 AM »
Leading edge to Fuselage front is 5" the fuse is 2" tall and 1/2" thick

"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 12:23:06 PM »
Hi Dave,
If it was me, I would lengthen the nose at least a 1” (more area to attach the electric stuff) and increase the tail length at least 2” or more so it will balance.  I know it won't be a Ukey 35 then, but maybe something better.

Mikey

Offline David Hoover

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 01:07:53 PM »
Thanks guys for the info.  Now I know what I'm dealing with.
Life is simple. Eat. Sleep. Fly!
Best, Hoovie

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 04:50:19 PM »
If it's a real Ukey 35, the foam wing doesn't do anything for stiffness of the fuselage, so it wouldn't hurt to cut a notch out of the wing LE for the fuel tank...or electron pack. Just stay away from the wing spars and you'd be fine, and don't chop out more than you gotta. All the ones I've seen were already nose heavy, so I'd be reluctant to lengthen the nose.  D>K Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here