News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:14:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Two Maidens .  (Read 897 times)

Offline Air Ministry .

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Two Maidens .
« on: April 13, 2019, 10:39:43 PM »
 H^^

First the TYPHOON .

OS max 80 . ( 1970 ) the needle roller big end Series one one . Was Unrun . A tank through on the deck .
30 % oil no nitro .
On ' The Launch ' the cowl jumped ship . As the Magnet Glue didnt hold . And Id forgot I'd meant to put a ' security rubber band ' on .

Way rich & uncowled . 6 sec. laps . So cruised ' bedding things in ' .
-----------------

Second was a heathier setting . Squares & triangles & things . and I think a few hourglasses . maybe .
A Outside Triangle , the ' Down 120 Turn , Got a ' reaction ' where it turned in . And picked up ( power ) . :-[
Nevertheless it flew itself out before the end of the leg , for the next turn . Has 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 assymetry .

Will get a ' Rabe Rudder ' I should think . And ' Lost Zone ' on the Elevator Horn . Also .

Was ungrovier low , But Exits corners well , and clean . Not OVERLY responsive , seeing its NOT Nose Heavy . :-[ ( I wonder why )
Theres a 1 Oz. ex seat belt steel spacer , in front of the prop . which fitted the 5/16 Fox prop Extn nut pretty good .

SO , we're not displeased with this thing . Over all . Shows Promise .  ;)

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
Re: Two Maidens .
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 10:42:04 PM »
 H^^

Just one on the SPITFIRE . A Mk X P.R. with the invasion stripes .

Left the cowl off , as many say start uncowled . Particularly when its a blank firewall with the cooling exit up through
past the engine & out the 8 mm bore Exhaust pipes . We shall have to see if this is satisfactory , or delusional .  :(

Dud ring seating , a burst on a prime & it was fine . Fueled it was reticent . So a borrowed electric finger & 6 turns on the
fine Toon Needle had it whirling the 13 x 5 1/2 T F prop . :P After a fassion. A bit dry overhead .

A few clover leaves & squares . Sloopy horizontal eight , consecutive round and square things & the odd triangle
and hourglass . Again on 65 ft of .018 . Inside wing end on upright , can see its underside  inverted .
As it has diheadral youd expect to .
a little more pull than the Typhoon , but both not arm wrestlers .

Motor, a last series ST 60 , is a bit doggy , but will investigate its innards . ST 51 intake . 3 window P.D.P. motor . Was strong enough no sweat ,
The intakes ( just ) bored to 0.313 odd . Gets the tank lower for vertical C G cognesant with leadouts in top of wing. at the C/S ,
Exit under the tip . so are horizontal or perpendicular or square or somesuch . as it were .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fairly Groovey . Almost a SV 11 airfoil. WITHOUT the Sheeting. so 1/8 in. or so thinner .
No adverse affecys noted . The Plank Wing Spit. ( same fuselage ) not necesarilly superior .
Which I had been bothering me. As THAT wing was built ( Likely go on the Long Mk XIV Fuselage )
So my scale ( ish ) eliptical wing has produced no discernable downside. Far as I can tell . thus Far .

Pleasnt to fly and the pilots not as nervous . Perhaps the Typhoon was nearer hair trigger .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next task is to assemble a better ST 60 . No Mods Considered yet . Bar some good solid .016 lines in various lengths for both .
Not Scarey on the 65s , which the Patternmaster & Folkerts are decidedly crowded on .

A good paintjob covers a multitude of sins. But dont stand closer than ten foot, thanks .  :-X
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 11:35:47 PM by Matt Spencer »

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 11:19:51 PM »
Looking real good! Glad you got some flights in

Offline GERALD WIMMER

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
    • Auckland Free Flight Club
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 03:49:05 PM »
Hi Matt  Very Nice models and good to see you got off to a great start and they flew well off the board.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 09:46:04 PM »
Motor, a last series ST 60 , is a bit doggy , but will investigate its innards .

Er Um . Is TWENTY EIGHT THOU Correct for the Ring Gap .  :-\ ( Another was 22 . %#*@ Remote Control Blokes .  >:( )
New one is .006 and other near new piston & ring is 5 1/2 or a tight six . Delving into their innards last knight .

So Two Good plus a near new Two Ring motor , and two candidates for overhaul or A B C Conversion .Of the ST 60 .

My Supposedly Marvelous Wierd Hopper Tank in the Typhoon was still somewhat fueled . Thus dosnt entirely empty .
Points to good economy onthe biggish 3 blade C.F. prop , and the need for a new tank .
Will try a Eather ish Tapered Type , as need intake clearance forward . And 25 deep rather than 50 .
Fed Well in the Air . Maybe I should just revise the chamber feed holes . Perhaps . Takea look anyway .

Reasemble the Goodest Used Internals in the same case as Id fitted new bearings . One must NOT take things for granted . Like Ring Gap .  :-[ :-X

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here