News:

• April 23, 2024, 12:09:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Triple Tree Stunt Championships: May 11 - May 18, 2019  (Read 1742 times)

Offline Mark Weiss

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Triple Tree Stunt Championships: May 11 - May 18, 2019
« on: February 25, 2019, 01:44:29 PM »
Please add this wonderful event and venue to your calendars! I believe this is our 8th year at the formerly all RC event in Woodruff, SC.
And this May, the entire week will be perfect with no rain and comfortable temperatures! Here are the details:

Saturday, May 11: Open flying from sun up until you are tired!
Sunday, May 12: Same as Saturday
Monday, May 13: Same as Sunday
Tuesday, May 14: Same as Monday
Wednesday, May 15: Same as Tuesday
Thursday, May 16: Stunt Camp!! Limited open flying
Friday, May 17: Triple Tree Stunt Championships, Day 1: Profile and Classic
Saturday, May 18: Triple Tree Stunt Championships, Day 2: Precision Aerobatics, four classes....then Awards Ceremony

On Saturday, after Round 1, Will Davis will stir up and serve his wonderful hot lunch for everyone.

I will post more in the next day or so. To sign up, visit the Triple Tree Aerodrome website, and look for the registration for Joe Nall Week. There you will find a place to enter "Control Line as your primary flight line. Then, please let me know that you are attending (email....ama82824@yahoo.com). There are no landing fees or contest fees associated with our week, whether or not you participate in Stunt Camp and/or the contests.

Looking forward to seeing you there. The circles are the best you have ever flown on and the facility is simply breathtaking.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 05:13:48 PM by Mark Weiss »

Offline Mark Weiss

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
Re: Triple Tree Stunt Championships: May 10 - May 20, 2019
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 05:57:46 PM »
I almost forgot!.....Announcing for the first time ever at Triple Tree Aerodrome....Friday Afternoon, May 18, 2019......(drum roll please!)

1/2A STUNT!!!!

Tim Tipton will be the Event Director for our first 1/2 A stunt event .

Standard Precision Aerobatics  Rules for 1/2 A Stunt
Engine .049 to .061 , No electric allowed
Full AMA Stunt pattern
Appearance points for all models built by the competitor
Maximum of 2 pilots can share a model, no appearance points for borrowed plane or ARF
Eight minute time limit
Safety thong required

Minimum stunt pattern option
1/2 A minimum AMA stunt pattern. The rules are stated below to obtain the goal of flying on .5 ounce tank.
    The elimination of laps will help speed up the contest and allow the contestants to complete the modified pattern with all of the maneuvers  included .
    Three laps after takeoff lap before the wing over .
    Minimum One lap between maneuvers  except inverted flight which will be three laps.
    The minimum flight plan must be declared before flight and marked on score sheet.
    Takeoff and landing will be judged with field conditions taken into consideration.

This going to be FUN!!!! Bring a little stunter with you to Triple Tree this May!

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 04:46:56 AM »
see attached flyer
Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 08:02:56 AM »
Damn ,I can't make it. Already committed to Philly Fliers and R/C stuff that weekend.

Offline Vincent Judd

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2019, 05:48:30 AM »
Just wondering.....are there any provisions for recharging batteries anywhere near the C/L circles?

Offline howard shenton

• AMA Member
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 08:50:35 AM »
There is a large tent with tables and electric power (120V).
 A porta-potty nearby.
First class grass circled (3).
Electric C/L trainers available during the week with instructor pilots to help.
Howard Shenton AMA 83412
Mauldin, SC 29662

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 06:18:28 PM »
did I read some where that they were having Old Time on Friday???
rad racer

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 04:59:59 AM »
Thursday.  Stunt Camp

Friday. N/30 and Profilev. Break for lunch. OTS and 1/2 A following completion of N/30 and profile

Saturday.  PAMPA. Skill  Classes PA   Lunch served between First and Second Rounds
Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 03:53:37 AM »
For people planning to come to Tripletree , we are looking forward to another fun week at Joe Nall.. This event has grown in both control line and RC to a very funn week but most important bus the fellowship of modelers .

Feel free to contact Mark Weiss or myself with concerns and questions concerning accommodations , field layout and week long activities planned for the Control line portion of Joe Nall,

The first weekend opens and is a little light on attendance, still a very big turnout, just nothing compared to Thursday and Friday ,

Vendors are busy setting up, campers are arriving to claim their favorite spot , most people start arriving early in the week and the attendance peaks out on Friday of the second weekend , BBQ Friday night is a very special social event

Saturday morning the people start packing up, saying their good byes but the fun continues  past mid day

Looking forward to seeing everyone and have a safe trip
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 05:08:42 PM by Will Davis »
Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 12:26:08 PM »
This is a wonderful  venue, and one of the  BEST Flying sites in the  World,  Everyone should try to make these  events
I will  run my Stunt Camp  Thursday,  This will be for people who can fly the  Stunt Pattern and wish to get coaching on improving your  stunt pattern.
If you cannot fly the pattern and are  looking to get tips on how do do some of the maneuvers There will be help for you, before or after the Stunt Camp or the afternoon of the Camp
There will be many other besides myself that  will be there  to help with this.
Kudos  to Mark and Will , as they  do an extremely Great  job of  running  the  CL part  of the  Joe Nall  Fly-in
Make sure to come  see !

Questions :   Randyaero@msn.com  or  678 407 9376

Randy Smith

Offline Mark Weiss

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 05:11:51 PM »
More Fun than Ever!

Triple Tree Stunt Championship: contest dates are May 17 and 18. Stunt Camp on May 16.

This year. we have added two more events for Friday. On Friday morning, we will run Classic and Profile as we have all along. However, in the afternoon, we will run Old Time Stunt and 1/2A Stunt! Should be a hoot!

One day prior, we have Stunt Camp with Randy Smith the ED and a few pretty competent helpers: Dave Fitzgerald, Derek Barry, and Ronnie Farmer!

So, c'mon down to Triple Tree for one day or as many as you want: www.tripletreeaerodrome.com
After you register, please shoot me an email. Thanks, Mark

Offline Chris Cox

• Commander
Re: Triple Tree Stunt Championships: May 11 - May 18, 2019
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 06:15:23 PM »
We won’t be able to make it this year Mark, but we have a debt to repay, so it is definitely in our future plans. 

Soon!

Offline Mark Weiss

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
Re: Triple Tree Stunt Championships: May 11 - May 18, 2019
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2019, 07:11:55 PM »
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your note. I hope to see you and Joan there soon. I am 73 so please don't wait too long!
See you in Muncie. I will be the one with a bullseye on my back!

Mark

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here