News:

• April 19, 2024, 01:06:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Training  (Read 1973 times)

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Training
« on: October 17, 2021, 09:59:05 AM »
I just got confirmation that I received full sponsorship from a major wing manufacturing company that wants to remain anonymous.  Sponsorship includes 1 year of personal training, supplements, and all travel expenses. My trainer has clocked my exit velo at 88mph. He thinks I can be in the mid 90's by next September. I have developed with my brother in law (who happens to be a retired rocket scientist and pro cyclist who lives in California) a state of the art training aid for my development. He's also working on grip and rotation development.  Just figured I'd  give a heads up in regards to good sportsmanship.
AMA 13001

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Training
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2021, 09:59:42 AM »
AMA 13001

Offline Doug Moisuk

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2021, 10:37:46 AM »
Well someone finally found a good use for a Fox 15. 😈
Doug Moisuk
MAAC 3360L

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2021, 08:05:31 AM »
I wish you guys would stop throwing away those Fox 15s. They can be cut up and repurposed as tip weight. Although, with the legalization of the synthetic lines, and the fact that they weigh a lot less, we might be able to use a lot less tip weight in the future.

Later - Bob Hunt  LL~

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2021, 09:13:02 PM »

That is the greatest and most inspirational thing I have ever seen!  I know word "hero" is tossed around pretty lightly these days, but in this case, you, sir, are the sort of hero we all need in this trying times!

Kudos sir, kudos!

Brett

Offline Tim Just

• 21 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2021, 10:12:45 PM »

The first video is Rob’s winning throw.  The second video was filmed the following weekend.  He is planning on defending his 2021 Hurl victory. 

« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 10:48:03 PM by Tim Just »

Online Dennis Nunes

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 03:07:04 AM »
The first video is Rob’s winning throw.  The second video was filmed the following weekend.  He is planning on defending his 2021 Hurl victory. 
Great videos! How did Rob's arm feel the next day? Was his knuckles dragging on the ground?  ;D

Just curious, when Rob finishes his aerobatic flight how does his body feel? It appears that he is turning some pretty tight maneuvers and is pulling some serious G's.  n~

Thanks for posting.

Dennis

Offline Tim Just

• 21 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2021, 10:13:29 AM »
Dennis,
Here is G meter from the last round of the world championships.
As for him dragging his knuckles….No comment 🙃

Online Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2021, 11:43:55 AM »

I can remember the days when that was good news.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2021, 12:57:27 PM »
Sadly, I have once again failed to grasp the true purpose of the .15X.  I got one running and tried to fly a plane with it on Saturday.  However, unless I can find a better example of the .15X, and there may be none, I will create a new organization FFRS, Fox Fifteen Reform Society.

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2021, 01:57:14 PM »
   That is the greatest and most inspirational thing I have ever seen!  I know word "hero" is tossed around pretty lightly these days, but in this case, you, sir, are the sort of hero we all need in this trying times!

Kudos sir, kudos!

Brett
LMAO

I can remember the days when that was good news.
Y
Yes, relief !!!!
AMA 13001

Online Dennis Nunes

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2021, 03:12:17 PM »
Here is G meter from the last round of the world championships.

OH MY!!! That's impressive.

Offline Fred Underwood

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2021, 05:07:49 PM »
So, Rob's training for the Hurl is to not hurl where many of us would?

Here's a little information on Rob and the airplane, followed by a short video from outside the plane.  It helps explain the G meter.

After winning his first unlimited national aerobatic championship in Denison, Texas in September of 2011, Holland has won every one since. (The National Aerobatic Championships were not held in 2020 due to the pandemic.) No other aerobatic pilot has won as many unlimited championships. And, other than Rob, only the legendary Leo Loudenslager won as many as seven.

Holland describes his MXS-RH as "...the MXS-RH is a one-of-a-kind, all carbon-fiber masterpiece. This single seat, competition and airshow - ready aircraft is designed and built by MX Aircraft in North Carolina, and incorporates design modifications suggested by Rob himself. Powering this aerobatic monster is a Lycoming engine producing 380 horsepower. Weighing in at a minimal 1200 pounds, this state-of-the-art aerobatic masterpiece boasts astonishing performance, is capable of pulling 16 positive and negative Gs, and rolls at nearly 500 degrees per second."

Holland is known as one of the most decorated aerobatic pilots in U.S. history, having won multiple titles such as five-time consecutive World 4-minute Freestyle Aerobatic Champion, Nine-time consecutive U.S. National Aerobatic Champion, Ten-time U.S. 4-minute Freestyle Aerobatic Champion, the 2015 World Air Games Freestyle Gold Medal, the 2012 Art Scholl Award for Showmanship Recipient, the 2008 World Advanced Aerobatic Champion and 28 Medals in International Competition with 12 of those being Gold. Holland is the only pilot in history to win: five consecutive World 4-minute Freestyle titles, Nine consecutive U.S. National titles, and ten total U.S. 4-minute Freestyle titles.

Fred

Offline Larry Renger

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2021, 06:24:35 PM »
This was incomprehensible until the photo of the Fox. Please do a better intro next time.
Think S.M.A.L.L. y'all and, it's all good, CL, FF and RC!

DesignMan
 BTW, Dracula Sucks!  A closed mouth gathers no feet!

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2021, 02:33:51 PM »
This was incomprehensible until the photo of the Fox. Please do a better intro next time.
That was the point/approach!
AMA 13001

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here