News:

• April 19, 2024, 04:43:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Tower Prices  (Read 1353 times)

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Tower Prices
« on: December 04, 2018, 04:33:43 PM »
Just went to order some OS plugs and found they are $10 a piece!! They were around $6 last year. Yikes, so much for the merger being beneficial to modelers. Found them for $5.50 on Ebay free shipping.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Tower Prices
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 04:42:11 PM »
  Hey Mike;
  You missed out on the Sonic Tronics thanksgiving sale. Their plugs are typically in the 8 dollar range but had they had everything on their website at 30% off that weekend, and then had an additional 10% off with a special discount code. That took plugs down into the 6 buck range, They extended it for a while to guys that mentioned Stunthanger ( some one here called them and told them where they saw the information.) Maybe you could call them and saw "Please, please please please please, pretty please can I have the 40 % off???" ;D ;D.  They do it at least twice a year, and I get an email alert about it from them. I don't think they deal through distributors any more and only deal direct since the Tower Hobbies deal. My local hobby shop can't get anything from them through normal channels, same with Dave Brown products.
   Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 04:56:20 PM »
  Hey Mike;
  You missed out on the Sonic Tronics thanksgiving sale. Their plugs are typically in the 8 dollar range but had they had everything on their website at 30% off that weekend, and then had an additional 10% off with a special discount code. That took plugs down into the 6 buck range, They extended it for a while to guys that mentioned Stunthanger ( some one here called them and told them where they saw the information.) Maybe you could call them and saw "Please, please please please please, pretty please can I have the 40 % off???" ;D ;D.  They do it at least twice a year, and I get an email alert about it from them. I don't think they deal through distributors any more and only deal direct since the Tower Hobbies deal. My local hobby shop can't get anything from them through normal channels, same with Dave Brown products.
   Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
I did see that post but I was hoping to use a Tower $50 gift card I got for my b-day and just spend it all on plugs, not at $10 a pop though. I ended up loading up on props for combat. Sam broke a lot last year! #^ #^
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Gary Dowler

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 05:41:10 PM »
Last year I bought a old flight box. Had a few tools in it, some props, etc.  The big prize for the $40 I paid was that it had about 28 of these

Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline Richard Imhoff

• 2019 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 11:14:10 PM »
You forgot about RC Japan Mike, less than 4 bucks there  for OS #8's
Dick Imhoff  AMA 58502

Combat, Racing, Stunt, and big time fun flyer, and Maybe a bit of carrier.

Offline Phil Spillman

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2018, 03:58:05 PM »
Is there a trick to get RC Japan quoted in English rather than their native tongue? Also the prices when I went were all in Yen! Is there a conversion grid somewhere? How do I get this site to become user friendly for a potential US customer?

Phil Spillman
Phil Spillman

Offline Richard Imhoff

• 2019 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 05:45:34 PM »
Just make an account and they will send you a dollar amount BEFORE any transaction is done. That way you know the amount WITH shipping before you buy and they do PayPal so it is very safe. I have been buying from them for years and NEVER had any problems. Before they went out of stock I was buying OS 20/40 needle valve assemblys for $7.30 shipped, the prices are very good and shipping is reasonable and quite fast.

Yen to Dollar 1.00 $ = 0.088 yen  The exchange rate varis a bit day to day but google it and you can get the exact amount  the parts cost.  like 445 yen is $3.68 cost for 1 #8 plug.
Dick Imhoff  AMA 58502

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 06:04:33 PM »
Last year I bought a old flight box. Had a few tools in it, some props, etc.  The big prize for the $40 I paid was that it had about 28 of these

What are those, Testors/McCoy plugs?

Brett

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 06:18:15 PM »
  What are those, Testors/McCoy plugs?

Brett

Look like K&B R/C longs. A pretty decent plug.

Type sat you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 07:58:55 PM »
Is there a trick to get RC Japan quoted in English rather than their native tongue? Also the prices when I went were all in Yen! Is there a conversion grid somewhere? How do I get this site to become user friendly for a potential US customer?

Phil Spillman
Fill your cart to see how many yen then google that many yen to US dollars, add about $15 for shipping.

Offline Richard Imhoff

• 2019 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 08:49:30 PM »
RC Japan handles OS plugs only, they have EVERY type OS makes at great prices.
Dick Imhoff  AMA 58502

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here