News:

• April 19, 2024, 08:49:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Top Flite Score engine choices and total weight for each??  (Read 536 times)

Offline frank mccune

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Top Flite Score engine choices and total weight for each??
« on: November 19, 2018, 06:13:14 PM »
         Hello All:

One of my Winter projects will be finishing a TF Score.  What I would like to know what total weigh would each of the following engines be capable of flying the pattern:

HP .40

ST .49 Sport

Fox .45 Sch

OS SF .46

What would the average weight SCORE be ready to fly? I have seen 72 oz.  My flying mate flies a 72 oz. plane with a ST .56 and a 13-5 prop very well.  My fear that the SCORE may be a lead sled in the waiting.  Of course there is always the ASP .61 waiting in the, wait for it, wings if a massive amount of power is needed.

Tia,

Frank McCune

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Top Flite Score engine choices and total weight for each??
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 06:29:34 PM »
Try the ST .49 or OS .46SF (if it's got a good ring-hahahaha). As for the ASP .61...no, it's way too heavy.  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Top Flite Score engine choices and total weight for each??
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 05:32:41 PM »
  My opinion is, none of the above. The Score is a large, draggy airplane in addition to being heavy. Mine is in the 72 ounce range and powered by a Saito .56. It has good, reliable power, but definitely isn't over powered. I am not familiar with the ASP .61 but it can't be any heavier than the Saito. The Score has a fairly short nose and can stand the extra weight, just a matter of knowing if you can get the run you want out of the ASP??
  Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here