News:

• March 28, 2024, 03:29:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Too many engines!  (Read 4739 times)

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Too many engines!
« on: December 04, 2017, 06:55:04 PM »
As many of you might know, over the last 25 years, I've accumulated a substantial number of engines, well over 900.
Dumb move on my part - I really don't need them.

So, early in 2018, I will begin listing them on eBay, probably around ten a week.
I have K&B, Fox, McCoy, Johnson, OK Cub, Super Tiger, OS Max, Enya, OPS, Picco, Saito, Fuji, Dooling, O&R, Elf, Arden, Morton, Orwick, Forrster, Atwood, Cyclone, Anderson and MANY foreign engines, Diesels, spark and glow engines.
Many more makes and models.

All profits will go to the Brodak museum.
So, once I start listing, I will post some item numbers for reference.

Bob Z.

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
Re: Too many engines!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 07:26:03 PM »
I'm wanting an Enya 53 4-stroke (or two)..
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline Larry Fruits

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 07:41:34 PM »
Hi Robert,
 Why not put a reasonable price on your engines and post them in the Stunt Hangar "Classifieds" for a couple of weeks? Then move them to EBay if they don't sell. Many of us here may want to purchase some of them and don't do EBay. Not trying to disrupt anything, Just a suggestion.

Merry Christmas;
   Larry 

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 08:01:39 PM »
Any of them NIB?
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 08:56:35 PM »

No Ebay fees with listing them here Bob, but then you won't get the often seen ridiculously high Ebay bids on the sales either.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 12:25:25 PM »
Any of them NIB?

MANY NIB.
I have every K & B Green Head, NIB.

Online John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 01:21:19 PM »
Is there a way to establish fair market value and post them here at a fair but upper end price. Bet they sell like hot cakes and you don't need to pay eBay/Paypal 10% fees.  If they don't sell you can always goto eBay.  You can still receive payment via PayPal
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 01:26:58 PM »
The rules are:
No links to other sites.

If you post something for sale on another site please don't post it here.

Not everyone uses paypal or has an account on sites such as eBay.

This site is for members only and a service provided by Robert.
Did you read the last part of the post where Bob says "all profits go to the Brodak Museum?" Jeez man he's helping control line, not himself. The Museum benefits us all. HB~>
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Garf

• Admiral
    • Hangar Flying
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 01:35:28 PM »
As many of you might know, over the last 25 years, I've accumulated a substantial number of engines, well over 900.
Dumb move on my part - I really don't need them.

So, early in 2018, I will begin listing them on eBay, probably around ten a week.
I have K&B, Fox, McCoy, Johnson, OK Cub, Super Tiger, OS Max, Enya, OPS, Picco, Saito, Fuji, Dooling, O&R, Elf, Arden, Morton, Orwick, Forrster, Atwood, Cyclone, Anderson and MANY foreign engines, Diesels, spark and glow engines.
Many more makes and models.

All profits will go to the Brodak museum.
So, once I start listing, I will post some item numbers for reference.

Bob Z.
I thought I had a lot of engines at 80.

Offline Bill Mohrbacher

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 02:25:08 PM »
Is there a way to establish fair market value and post them here at a fair but upper end price. Bet they sell like hot cakes and you don't need to pay eBay/Paypal 10% fees.  If they don't sell you can always goto eBay.  You can still receive payment via PayPal
Ebay has established the fair market price in the world market.  Special interest groups probably have their own idea of fair market value for the engines they use.

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 05:18:15 PM »
Did you read the part that he could sell on Stunt Hangar and make more money?   :!

Rusty - I don't think that is true.
Many of the engines are RC (Super Tiger 46, 51, 56, and 60, OS Max just about everything from Pet 099 to 61, same with ENYA and SAITO) which expands the selling potential.
I'll post some pictures shortly.
Bob Z.

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 06:45:27 PM »

Too much trouble. Looking at the photos, every box is completely full of engines.
Plus, there are approximately 100 more that I haven't photographed.
They are not even at my place yet - I have to bring them here from out-of-state storage facility in NJ.
There are simply too many to research.
I'll just put them on eBay and hope for the best price.
Bob Z.

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 07:38:44 PM »
Is there a way to subscribe to you ebay postings so I will know when you list something ?
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 08:06:14 PM »
Robert,

Do you have a Webra Speed 40 R/C, NIB?

CB
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Online John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 08:48:54 PM »
Is there a way to subscribe to you ebay postings so I will know when you list something ?

On eBay you can flag a seller as a favorite seller.  I think you get emails when this seller adds a listing.

PS I can understand why you would list a project of this size on eBay.  You get all kind of support in keeping track of stuff.  Especially if you use eBay shipping service.  Good luck it is truly a worthy cause.

PSS what is your eBay sellers name?  You can always search for a seller's listing.
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 09:08:32 PM »
JUST ONE MORE .

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 09:09:20 PM »
Ebay has established the fair market price in the world market.  Special interest groups probably have their own idea of fair market value for the engines they use.

And I thought E bay was what the biggest twit on the planet was prepared to pay .  :-X

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 02:39:57 AM »
Bob,
Do you have any NIB OS 61 FSR and 61 VF engines?
Chris...

Offline Andre Ming

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2017, 05:10:50 AM »
Bob:

Do you have a NIB Little Doozie .34 1/2 pre-.35 combat special Combat Special?

Those are very rare.

Searching to find my new place in this hobby!

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2017, 07:59:21 AM »
Rusty - your response is complete and utter BULL****.
I am donating and I will do what I think is best and you can keep your asinine comments to yourself.
Where and how I sell is my business, not yours. You don't like it, too bad.
I have already raised close to $70,000.00 for the museum and I will continue to do all I can to help John, who has put out a small fortune of his own money in the museum construction.

As to why John is building a museum - why don't you call him and ask?
As far as the ama museum goes, I would not donate a broken prop to them.
I've tried donating to them in the past, contacting by e-mail, USPS mail and telephone - inconsiderate people would not even give me the decency of a response. So, I donated a HUGE collection of CL equipment and planes to Brodak.
When we are finished, we will have what may be the largest collection of engines in the world - hopefully over 2,000.

Bob Z.

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 08:07:00 AM »
Rusty - your response is complete and utter BULL****.
I am donating and I will do what I think is best and you can keep your asinine comments to yourself.
Where and how I sell is my business, not yours. You don't like it, too bad.
I have already raised close to $70,000.00 for the museum and I will continue to do all I can to help John, who has put out a small fortune of his own money in the museum construction.

As to why John is building a museum - why don't you call him and ask?
As far as the ama museum goes, I would not donate a broken prop to them.
I've tried donating to them in the past, contacting by e-mail, USPS mail and telephone - inconsiderate people would not even give me the decency of a response. So, I donated a HUGE collection of CL equipment and planes to Brodak.
When we are finished, we will have what may be the largest collection of engines in the world - hopefully over 2,000.

Bob Z.
AMEN BOB!!! You keep doing what your doing. There's always that one guy................And by he way I never put much stock in anyone who won't post their full name and location. He's Trolling.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 08:34:43 AM »
More BS.

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 08:35:08 AM »
Agreed, Mike, and thanks for the reply.
All I'm trying to do is help John but some people just don't get it.  HB~>
In any case, as soon as the engines arrive here (probably early January), I will start listing them.
And, for all interested, I will post sufficient info to link to eBay.

"click bait" - what a crock of S***.   n~
Well, I know at least one person who will be blocked from bidding!

Bob Z.

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 09:43:17 AM »
Some of the remarks in this thread just prove that no good deed goes unpunished.  Bob comes on here and gives everybody a heads up that he wants to make a contribution to a cause he feels will benefit and enhance our hobby and is immediately attacked by persons serving their own self centered and selfish interests.  The method of how he wants to dispose of these engines is his decision and his alone.  He did not ask for anyone's opinion and he shouldn't, they are his property and he can sink them in the ocean if he wants to.  He is probably thinking about this time, why in the Hell did I even bother posting this and I do not blame him.

I see a lot of selfishness in some of these posts.

Mike

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2017, 09:58:28 AM »
I do not even want to think of the time and effort needed to catalog and photo a 900 engine collection for private sale here,  or auction / buy it now sales on e-bay
Let alone packing and shipping

Bob Z
You have my deep respect

My meager engine collection...all were bought intending to use, exceeds several thousand hard earned dollars

I am sure a catalog of what Bob Z paid over the years for this large a collection---- and adjusted for inflation would reveal that this sale and 100% donation to John Brodak's museum is a significant contribution

I seem to remember posts earlier this year on Bob Z and others donating good examples of model engines for display

Bravo

"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2017, 01:40:54 PM »
OK Rusty- Yeah you bought a few kits from me. So what? I consider Bob a friend and have nothing but admiration for him and what he is trying to do. So when I see you appoint yourself the "Rules Police" and dress him down in front of everyone in a thread he started, I'm going to call you out on it. Are you a moderator? Of any of these discussion groups? Thought not. I'm done commenting on this. Good Luck Bob, I'll be watching for your listings.

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2017, 10:00:36 PM »
Rusty wrote:
"'Another example on this topic is Mike Griffin.  I have seen Sparky and Mike Griffin go at it because Mike Griffin uses the main forum as a sales venue.  I have seen Mike Griffin quit the hobby and start back again at least 4 times. Search it out.   See if Sparky did not ask him to use the vendor's section for his kit ads.   In fact I stood up for Mike Griffin on the Stuka Stunt site when he was quitting the hobby and giving away all his plans via download.  He had hundreds of plans, some of which were copyrighted.  Do you remember that? "

Hey Rusty, let me correct you just a little bit and help you a little to get your facts straight. 

Yes Sparky and I did have a disagreement some years ago but it had nothing to do with me announcing kit runs on the forum.  Robert and I eventually worked out our differences and things have been fine since that time.  Secondly, I NEVER QUIT THE HOBBY,  I did say i thought I was going to quit producing kits but changed my mind and quite frankly, I am glad I did because I would not have been able to bring some really great kits to fruition if i had.   Robert did set up a section in Vendors Corner for me and I use that for pricing and shipping costs and information.  I use the general forum to announce a new kit and general information and refer everyone, usually with a link, to my vendors corner section for pricing etc.

Finally, as far as the plans go, there were not hundreds, there were over 35,000 articles and plans that i was going to share at no charge to anyone who might want to download one.   NONE WERE COPYWRITED.  There are several sites on the internet where you can download plans free, i.e.  Outerzone.

The reason I had them pulled down was because some of them were drawn by a friend of mine who was selling them out of his business and I DID NOT realize that they were his.  The gentleman contacted me and asked me to take them down and I just decided to take them ALL down.  You can still go to Outerzone and find many of the plans i had posted.  My intention was to help the hobby but not at the expense of a friend who was selling them so i immediately pulled them all down. 

I have no intentions of getting in a pissing match with you or anyone else on here.  I simply stated that Bob has every right to sell his engines through any medium he chooses and for anyone to chastise him for trying to do something good and whining because he chose not to put them on the forum is selfish and ridiculous.

Your attempt to distract and twist the point I was making by trying to make me look like a naughty boy has absolutely nothing to do with the heart of the discussion.  What in the Hell has anything you brought up about me personally,have to do with what Bob is doing.  That is not even coherent thought and making you look like a fool.

That is it.  I do not intend to comment any further on this and will not respond or be drawn any further into this sensless discussion.  I have an IMITATION test kit to build and my time is much better spent there than participating in this silly arguement. 

Mike
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 09:26:10 AM by Mike Griffin »

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2017, 06:46:29 AM »
Allan you can follow his account on ebay and quickly go to just his listings. Just gotta know his EBay name

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2017, 08:19:33 AM »
I have seen some stupid arguments on here but this one takes the prize..............
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2017, 08:42:07 AM »
I have seen some stupid arguments on here but this one takes the prize..............

Boy Bill you nailed it.

Mike

Offline De Hill

• Admiral
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2017, 08:43:37 AM »
Bob Zambelli is a good man.

What He chooses to do with his personal property is His business.
De Hill

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2017, 11:56:41 AM »
OUCH  Looks like 6-7 sets of toes got stepped on. Anymore comments just feed the toe stomping. Time to move on.
EddyR " with my steel toe shoes on"
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2017, 12:13:51 PM »
Bob Z.  You are probably aware that the market for most old engines is getting very"soft". With the exception of just a few really rare engines, prices are going down.  So, now is the good time to recoup your investment.

You are to be commended for helping the Brodak museum project.

Not many here on SH are collectors.  If you can, separate those engines suitable for "stunt", and list them here.  All others, like R/C types, and old spark ignition engines,  might do better on EBay.
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Russell Shaffer

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2017, 05:41:21 PM »
Old combat or speed stuff seems to sell pretty fast here, also.
Russell Shaffer
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Just North of the California border

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2017, 03:53:12 PM »
No, I haven't forgotten.
I just wanted to rekindle the thread.
Another thing, I mentioned having around 900 enigines. Quite true but I will not be selling all of them.
Most of the very special and rare ones (and there are MANY) will be donated or loaned to the museum.
Things like my Morton M-5, Yellow Jacket, Cave Cobra, Chun Chum, Copperhead, Forster 99 should be available for  everyone to see.
I don't want them to disappear into private collections.

Bob Z.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here