News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:11:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Time change.  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Time change.
« on: November 05, 2018, 05:23:57 AM »
We don't set our clocks back in south Louisiana. Were so far behind that maybe it will help us catch up.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Time change.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 06:05:15 AM »
We don't set our clocks back in south Louisiana. Were so far behind that maybe it will help us catch up.

Lucky you! I just hate this time thing and wish they would stop it. All it does is screw up our (old people) sleep patterns........ HB~>

Jerry

Offline don boka

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 08:59:53 AM »
Perry!
I hope Louisiana never changes. Back in the sixties I spent two years in Louisiana at Fort Polk, now closed I believe, as an MP. Great state! Any thing was legal! Flew control line without any noise complaints. Had a bad launch on a         Flite Streak which broke the lines flying across the circle and broke the back window of the passing chauffer driven generals vehicle and bounced off of the vehicle. We all hid in a ditch while his driver looked trying to figure out what happened but never noticed the airplane lying nearby! Good old Fox 35!
Guns were no big deal either.
We always commented, go to church on Sunday and have a blast all week. Again, I hope it never changes.
Don Boka.
AMA 7219.

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 11:08:59 AM »
Perry!
I hope Louisiana never changes. Back in the sixties I spent two years in Louisiana at Fort Polk, now closed I believe, as an MP. Great state! Any thing was legal! Flew control line without any noise complaints. Had a bad launch on a         Flite Streak which broke the lines flying across the circle and broke the back window of the passing chauffer driven generals vehicle and bounced off of the vehicle. We all hid in a ditch while his driver looked trying to figure out what happened but never noticed the airplane lying nearby! Good old Fox 35!
Guns were no big deal either.
We always commented, go to church on Sunday and have a blast all week. Again, I hope it never changes.
Don Boka.
AMA 7219.
Fort polk still goin strong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline don boka

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 11:55:28 AM »

Glad to hear Ft. Polk is still open. Seems I read somewhere that it had closed but that may have been old news.
It did close in 1949 I believe and reopened in 62 for Viet Nam. A friend of mine was there at that time pulling weeds growing thru the floor boards in the barracks!
Time for me to get back to "building" model airplanes and not army memories.
Don Boka.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 05:49:17 PM »
I'm a fan of DLST, but wish they'd leave it all year. More daylight hours in the evening after work, and I wouldn't have to get up so early to go fishin'.

It's said that the Soviet Union used double DLST all year 'round, to save on energy usage. To be different, China uses one time zone, when they're big enough east/west to justify at least 5, maybe 7. It's just a number.  y1 Steve 
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 09:08:08 AM »
When I was doing crossing guard duty for the grade school I hated DST.  It was still dark when I would report for the morning session.  Was hard to see the kids and cars.  Was nice in the afternoon though. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here