News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:26:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thunder Tigre Cyclone Props  (Read 9663 times)

Offline Garf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Hangar Flying
Thunder Tigre Cyclone Props
« on: December 11, 2015, 12:58:30 PM »

I sent an Email to Thunder Tiger and got this reply:

Offline Lyle Spiegel

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Re: Thunder Tigre Cyclone Props
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 02:18:12 PM »

Try these guys.
I purchased Cyclone 11 x5 this year from them. It took awhile, it was on back order, but I did get the order.

contact@hobbyrecreationproducts.com
800-860-3709
Lyle Spiegel AMA 19775

Offline Peter Ferguson

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 09:32:09 PM »
Garf forward you address to me in a PM and I will send you one if you are still looking.  Pferg
Peter Ferguson
Auburn, WA

Offline Garf

• Admiral
    • Hangar Flying
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 11:19:00 PM »
Thanks anyway, but I have a couple left plus I am currently not flying. I switched to XOAR just before I stopped flying.

Offline Allen Eshleman

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 08:42:27 PM »
I ordered 3 of these from hobbyrecreation.com Wednesday evening.   They said they had 8 on stock and I could order 3.  My transaction went through.   I just looked now and it says "sold out".
I will know soon if I was fortunate enough to get some.

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 10:04:04 AM »
ZZ Prop said he was planning on a composite copy. Don't know if he ever did but you could check.

MM

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 09:12:29 PM »
ZZ Prop said he was planning on a composite copy. Don't know if he ever did but you could check.

MM

Yes, Mike did say that. Was it this week or last week he posted that? Mike has a full time job, and is still building his speed/racing/combat/stunt ranch. Give him another week or two?   D>K Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 12:10:18 PM »
How popular are these props? A Cyclon is a pretty standard blade, seems something better could be made for stunt with what we know now. I'm using an 11-6 MAS on my Humongous (mostly for the nose weight lol) so I might be tempted to make an 11-4.5 and adjust it post mold to fit many needs.

MM

Offline Allen Eshleman

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 10:30:33 AM »
Got confirmation that mine are on the way.   

Offline Allen Eshleman

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2015, 05:17:37 PM »
Wow!  They came today.  Haven't tried for balance yet.

Offline Bill Johnson

• 2016 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 10:46:43 AM »
Wow!  They came today.  Haven't tried for balance yet.
\What?!? I ordered mine on the 15th.

OK, tracking says mine have been in the mailbox since yesterday and sure enough, I have them in hand. They look good. Minimal flashing on the blades but the hub will have to be cleaned up prior to balancing. The airfoil design looks good with the thickest point about 35% of cord.
Best Regards,
Bill

AMA 350715

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 01:54:46 PM »
A quick scrape around the edges with a #11 will knock off the flashing. Most I have used required very little balancing. I scrape a little off the top of the heavy blade and buff it up with some 400-600 grit.

If anybody can arrange to bring in these props, it would make a lot of people happy.  I wonder if there is a TT distributor in Canada that we could get them through? Kaz? Randy?   y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 02:05:06 PM »
How popular are these props? A Cyclon is a pretty standard blade, seems something better could be made for stunt with what we know now. I'm using an 11-6 MAS on my Humongous (mostly for the nose weight lol) so I might be tempted to make an 11-4.5 and adjust it post mold to fit many needs.

MM

They seem to work very well with LA 46 and LA 40 engines, for airplanes around 500-550 square inches (maybe more).

I'm not sure how they do outside of that size range.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2015, 02:14:39 PM »
If a certain 11 time National Champion swears by 11.3" diameter prop for an OS .40VF on 680 sq. in., I'd think the 11" Cyclone would work fine on up to 650" or so. Ask about his experiment with a 9" prop.  :o Steve

Offline Akihiro Danjo

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2015, 06:08:33 PM »
If anybody can arrange to bring in these props, it would make a lot of people happy.  I wonder if there is a TT distributor in Canada that we could get them through? Kaz? Randy?   y1 Steve

Probably YOSHIOKA (Yoshioka Model Factory brand) have been still producing their original props, not the copied ones, here in Japan though they are much expensive than the copied ones.

Aki

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2015, 01:15:48 PM »
Akahiro, to be totally clear, you're saying that Yoshioka once made propellers and Thunder Tiger copied them and then had them made in PRC? Ouch! 

I looked at the first page of sites Google turned up for Yoshioka Model Factory, but their site doesn't show any propellers, just a few R/C kits and a lot of toys. So, I Googled TT and sent an email to them. Their website doesn't show much but R/C cars and helicopters. We'll see if they respond.  :o Steve

Offline Allen Eshleman

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2015, 04:02:54 PM »
I just finished balancing my three props.  The first one was way off.  The second one was only a little bit off and the third one needed no balancing at all.  If this weather stays crazy warm, who knows?  I might get a chance to try one out yet this winter.  Usually the ground hog (my birthday is on Ground Hog's day) has hibernated by now.  Instead,  there's no sense in it.  In fact, my daffodils, which should come up in March or April, have been fooled by the warm weather and have already come up.

Well, anyway, I have three of the last Thunder Tiger 11x4.5 props.  Wow! Merry Christmas!

Offline Akihiro Danjo

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2015, 06:24:42 PM »
I do not have a Yoshioka prop now, so I borrowed a small picture of Yoshioka GlassNylon Prop (and an APC) from an auction site.
Aki

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2015, 07:57:08 PM »
We need somebody in S. Korea or PRC to track down the place that made them for TT!  y1 Steve

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 07:01:26 PM »
Oddly enough, I sent an email to TT's website "info" and got quite a different reply than Phil (Garf). I just said that I wanted to find a way to buy some of the TT Cyclone 11 x 4.5 propellers, and he replied that they had some, but would need to know how many I wanted before he could quote me a price. Fair enough.

Before I tell this guy that I'd like to buy 100 each 11 x 4.5's, are enough people interested in them? Plus, I really don't want to go into business, and would really like somebody who's already in business (Randy Aero?) to contact this guy. I'd also like to get some of the 12.5 x 5's and maybe some 10 x 5.5's. If somebody wants to step up and try to import the props in quantity, I'll provide the guy's name. Anybody?

Does anybody know if John Paris is still going to S. Korea, and could he maybe drop by TT and help this cause?   y1 Steve

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 07:41:35 PM »
Oddly enough, I sent an email to TT's website "info" and got quite a different reply than Phil (Garf). I just said that I wanted to find a way to buy some of the TT Cyclone 11 x 4.5 propellers, and he replied that they had some, but would need to know how many I wanted before he could quote me a price. Fair enough.

Before I tell this guy that I'd like to buy 100 each 11 x 4.5's, are enough people interested in them? Plus, I really don't want to go into business, and would really like somebody who's already in business (Randy Aero?) to contact this guy. I'd also like to get some of the 12.5 x 5's and maybe some 10 x 5.5's. If somebody wants to step up and try to import the props in quantity, I'll provide the guy's name. Anybody?

Does anybody know if John Paris is still going to S. Korea, and could he maybe drop by TT and help this cause?   y1 Steve
  I'd be in for a dozen.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2015, 08:44:13 PM »
  I'd be in for a dozen.

I would buy a few, maybe several dozen.  Might as well stock up on a part that is proven to work.
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline Lyle Spiegel

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2015, 04:13:26 AM »
Very interesting. When I contacted TT they told me to go through their distributor, hobby recreation products. ( see my previous posts). I was able to place an order for pkg of six, as well as individual props. The online order was accepted and I got acknowledgement message props were on back order. I had to wait several months but I did finally recieve the props.
Hope that TT gets message that there is still customers for these props. Maybe Sparky ,Brodak,or RSM, or Randy can work a deal with the distributor
Lyle Spiegel AMA 19775

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 11:05:29 PM »
Well, I replied to the guy at TT and said that if they had 10, 50, or 100, I'd take them, but would really like to get them from our USA importer via my Local Hobby Shop. Haven't gotten a reply, so I'm guessing that he was slapped by a superior and that's that. The nice thing about the originals would be that no pitching or hand working is required, and not much balancing. :( Steve

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2016, 06:29:51 PM »
Can Yoshioka be contacted about these propellers?  The Yoshioka and certainly look like similar props.
The Yoshioka props are made in Japan and the Thunder Cyclone Props are made in China. 
I wonder what the price difference is/was.
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline Rick Bollinger

• Commander
  • AMA 931589
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2016, 06:39:02 PM »
Well I was not going to say anything till I had them in my hand but. I have been talking to TT for the last 2 1/2 months about these props. If I ordered a quantity they would make me a batch. After many conversations they are on there way. I should have them in about a week or so. I do have a tracking number. It looks like they will be around $20.00 shipped for a package of 6. I do not want to be a dealer for these but I did want to help out those who want them. I will sell a package of 6 minimum not 1 or 2 at a time. I have a substantial quanitity coming and should be able to take care of everyone that wants them.
Rick Bollinger
AMA 931589

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2016, 07:55:49 PM »
Well I was not going to say anything till I had them in my hand but. I have been talking to TT for the last 2 1/2 months about these props. If I ordered a quantity they would make me a batch. After many conversations they are on there way. I should have them in about a week or so. I do have a tracking number. It looks like they will be around $20.00 shipped for a package of 6. I do not want to be a dealer for these but I did want to help out those who want them. I will sell a package of 6 minimum not 1 or 2 at a time. I have a substantial quanitity coming and should be able to take care of everyone that wants them.
  Put me down for a bag of 6. Thanks for getting them.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Rick Bollinger

• Commander
  • AMA 931589
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2016, 08:04:27 PM »
When they come in I will post in the classifieds.
Rick Bollinger
AMA 931589

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2016, 08:30:48 PM »
That is good news. 

Offline Akihiro Danjo

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2016, 07:08:48 AM »
Can Yoshioka be contacted about these propellers?  The Yoshioka and certainly look like similar props.
The Yoshioka props are made in Japan and the Thunder Cyclone Props are made in China.  
I wonder what the price difference is/was.

Yoshioka didn't know about TT prop.
And the answer will be.....

Who developed the prop?
Who ordered the mold?

Who copied?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 10:38:01 AM by Akihiro Danjo »

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2016, 09:48:40 AM »

Are you going to start a waiting list for first come first serve???? H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Rick Bollinger

• Commander
  • AMA 931589
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2016, 10:07:35 AM »
Doc I have a bunch comming. I will limit everyone to a dozen and everyone should get some.
Rick Bollinger
AMA 931589

Offline Target

• C/L Addict
  • 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2016, 05:57:25 PM »
Doc I have a bunch comming. I will limit everyone to a dozen and everyone should get some.
I'd like a bag of 6, or maybe 2 bags.
I have to repay one or two to my C/L mentors.

R,
Chris
Regards,
Chris
AMA 5956

Online Steve Lotz

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2016, 07:18:02 PM »
I'd take a dozen.

Steve Lotz

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2016, 08:02:40 PM »
I'd take a dozen.

Steve Lotz

Me too, me toooooo!   8) Steve

Offline Rick Bollinger

• Commander
  • AMA 931589
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2016, 09:34:46 PM »
Guys Please hold off on the PM's till I get them on classifieds. It will be at least a week or so till they arrive. Fed ex has them but they are still in China. Thanks Rick
Rick Bollinger
AMA 931589

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2016, 03:32:45 PM »
Will a dozen props outlast parts availability for the LA 46, or do you actually have about 8-10 airplanes that use that prop?

MM

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2016, 06:58:51 PM »
Will a dozen props outlast parts availability for the LA 46, or do you actually have about 8-10 airplanes that use that prop?

MM

Depends if you fly at a lumpy park with long grass or not.  
My usual flying spots demand their tolls to be paid in broken props.  
For better or worse, hand launching is usually the order of the day.

Offline Rick Bollinger

• Commander
  • AMA 931589
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2016, 07:45:14 PM »
They came in today and I put them in classifieds.
Rick Bollinger
AMA 931589

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2016, 09:15:01 PM »
PM sent.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Tim Redelman

• Lieutenant
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2016, 11:17:05 AM »
Pm sent last night......

Thanks for all your efforts in this

Tim R.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here