News:

• May 03, 2024, 07:50:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: carnage at the park  (Read 1170 times)

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
carnage at the park
« on: February 25, 2015, 04:20:56 PM »
Well, I guess not every flying session is guaranteed to end well.  The day was off to a great start.   Nice and mild weather with temps in the 50's.  I was flying my 2nd hand, but freshly repaired and recovered, OTS style plane which is powered by a OS 20FP.  This plane was built by SLC native, Bob Sugden probably 20+ years ago.

....I lost the plane in the sun and KABLAM! Instantly re-kitted into a pile of constituent plane parts and a large cloud of dust.  Sadly, this time it won't just buff out... :(

Stay tuned, even more carnage to report. 

My brother Curtis was flying his nice classic plane today as well (name of plane, anyone??). (built years ago by the skilled, Pete Peterson )
We were testing out the performance of a new OS 35FP which replaced a tired and not-so-happy OS 35-S.  It was flying great until a big gust of wind caught him on an outside loop.   WHAM! - CRUNCH!  Off with the tail assembly.  Thankfully, it's fixable.   

Guess I'll have to schedule some repair time on the bench.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 12:25:02 AM by Brent Williams »
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline Terry Caron

• Admiral
Re: carnage at the park
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 04:45:15 PM »
Brent, I suppose every flier acquires rekits.
You certainly have my sympathy and some might say it's simply part of learning/the hobby/life/etc.
I prefer a more optimistic approach:
Crashes are like Spring - a renewal!
Just imagine the crushing thought of flying the same ol' 'plane with the same ol' engine year after year after year after.......

;D  ;D  ;D

Terry

NACA member, Huntsville, AL
AMA 249824
NRA Life Member

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 05:10:40 PM »
Would it be inappropriate to ask .... "Ya' need some superglue?? "   ;)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 09:54:22 AM »
Now you have an excuse to get that new plane built before spring.  It can be done as I have done it when I was motivated.   Sad to see two beautiful planes in pieces though. :'(
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Gordan Delaney

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 11:08:05 AM »
Brent,
See if I give you any more planes. All you do is go out a wreck them and you don`t even call me to go with you guys.

BA Hum Bug

Gordy

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 05:30:22 PM »
Brent,
See if I give you any more planes. All you do is go out a wreck them and you don`t even call me to go with you guys.

BA Hum Bug

Gordy

Ah, uh, er, um, well....  :'(  :-[ :-[ :-[
Yes, Gordy,  I have no excuses for not calling and inviting you to come fly with us.  I will hopefully fly with you soon, though.  Think of it this way.... I am gaining experience in repairing planes and the divots in the grass.

I guess I shouldn't say what Curtis did to his Pathfinder, then. :-X  It does involve the words pancake and recovering the wing....Wanna help me with the MonoKote, Gordan?  Curt wants me to do the work and I could use some expert guidance.

Oh, and Gordan, you have a Tony to get finished.   Chop chop.  ;D ;D
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 05:37:46 PM »
Sometimes I think I should crash more, just to reduce the inventory.  I have a stunter built in 1963, plus several from the 1990's.

Floyd
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 05:45:19 PM »
This will be the new ride when I get the white paint on the body.  It's a Corehouse Streak RST.  

The Corehouse RST will be a great learning tool.  However, I need to get a flapped plane built soon, as the Pathfinder has spoiled me.  I have some experience now with what a very well trimmed stunt ship flies like and I gotta say, it's pretty awesome.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here