News:

• April 25, 2024, 02:42:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The New Stunt News  (Read 1277 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
The New Stunt News
« on: September 16, 2022, 04:27:39 PM »
Just finished reading the newest Stunt news.  A lot of info in this issue as to the some history of the NATS  Also the district reports.  Final page on the situation in the Ukraine.   Who ever is doing this deserves our thank you and hopefully is not taking money out of his pocket.   D>K H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Mark Weiss

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
Re: The New Stunt News
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2022, 08:07:54 PM »
Thank you for your kind words. David Shorts is our (PAMPA) Historian and Newsletter guru. He and the contributing writers do a terrific job and compliments like yours are truly appreciated.

Offline Gary Mondry

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2022, 06:03:38 PM »
So, where does one find this latest Stunt News? My membership is current through January 2023. I don’t seem to be getting anything by email and don’t see anything recent at pampacl.org.
AMA 10663

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 06:43:45 PM »
So, where does one find this latest Stunt News? My membership is current through January 2023. I don’t seem to be getting anything by email and don’t see anything recent at pampacl.org.
Gary send me your snail mail address to my email.  I'll forward it on to the editor.  A few get slipped through the cracks when generating the mailing lists.  If you are in fact up to date you should be getting them.  As general info to everyone-we know there are quite a few EXPIRED members who don't seem to know they are expired for one reason or another.  In some cases the automated renewal emails may have gone to your spam file and never seen.  Remember we no longer have a set cut-off/renewal date in January or March.  If you join or renew September 23rd,  YOUR NEXT RENEWAL DATE IS September 23rd.........

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Shorts,David

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2022, 11:15:48 AM »
Thanks for the kind words. The newsletter is as good as the contributors. So anything new, cool or interesting or even old and interesting is always welcome. Or if you want to bounce an idea for an article off me first, go for it.
David

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2022, 12:47:50 PM »
I atttended the NATS in which PAMPA was formed - As an accidental "plank owner" (a crew member of a ship's first cruise.)  BTW, it was the first NATS I could get to. So,I am very pleased ro see these SN quarterlies! That they are beautiful is a bonus!

Over the years, the growth of PAMPA rescued control-line, developed far better knowledge, rules, contests and so much more. Stunt News was the national AND international meeting of minds and knowledge of our event.

Many "plank owners" are still actively involved, and there are promising signs of "newbies" among our chldren - and yes, even some of our grandchildren!

Thanks Dave and company!! A big difference I notice is the information content. In the 1973+ world, there was so much expertise to share, compare and make generally available. That info, and the interesting articles that purveyed it, is still avaailable in the files of past SNs. Even if overtaken by events, it still makes interesting reading. The "greats" freely shared what they used to do well.

If I started naming my personal heroes among the pathfinders, I'd have to out-word Ted Fancher.  So, I'll just recommend a look into our SN archives. Try ir, you'll like it...

Thanks again for the beautiful photos, as well!
\LOU
\BEST\LOU

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here