News:

• March 29, 2024, 12:16:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Junk Yard Wars contribution to medicine  (Read 347 times)

Offline Ara Dedekian

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • Ara Dedekian
The Junk Yard Wars contribution to medicine
« on: July 01, 2022, 09:04:31 AM »

The Junk Yard Wars have gone Downtown. What was intended as a stress relieving, no rivalries, just-have-fun ending to a celebration of control line has evolved. It's now an important example of how, with just a pile of junk to work with, you get the job done.

Bringing home a 1st place team plaque in the 'Wars set my family back some. Their usual query of, 'How'd you do?' was always followed by my usual (and hopeful) answer of, 'I didn't come in last!!'

This time was different. My son, a physician here in Maine, saw an opportunity. He conducts Wellness (I'm an old guy and have no idea what these new Millennial words mean) meetings to the physicians and administrators of the hospital. Hospitals and supermarkets are on the same footing; keeping the doors open by working off a penny on the dollar margin. The concept of getting the job done with minimal resources, using the Junk Yard Wars as an example, would be a great theme for his presentation.

In Mike's words, 'I showed this slide as a fun, funny but meaningful anecdote on how to make something out of nothing, which a lot of doctors feel they are doing these days. People got a lift out of it.'.

I think John Brodak would have gotten a lift out of this story, too.

Ara

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here