News:

• April 30, 2024, 05:00:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The corner conversation...  (Read 7980 times)

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: The corner conversation...
« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2018, 08:36:33 PM »
A 14 foot radius corner IS what People call a  blinding corner , so Judges and pilots that know what they are looking at  should know better

Regards
Randy

Yeah!  Well I'm of the opinion that most generally DON'T!

How are we going to educate them when a lot of these guys don't even follow Forums etc.  and their only contact with other competitors is at local contests.  Sorry but I live in the real world!   I believe that "real world" is what truly dominates perception of the way things should be!

Randy Cuberly

Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2018, 08:55:07 AM »
Yeah!  Well I'm of the opinion that most generally DON'T!

How are we going to educate them when a lot of these guys don't even follow Forums etc.  and their only contact with other competitors is at local contests.  Sorry but I live in the real world!   I believe that "real world" is what truly dominates perception of the way things should be!

Randy Cuberly

Well you maybe right that some  pilots  do not know what a sharp corner is, or they do not know a 5 foot radius is not being done, However  I do know from speaking to dozens of top pilots, that they do indeed know  what a  sharp corner is, and  they  all also know  that no one is doing a  5 foot radius, So I have a hard time believing anyone capable of getting on the  team,  would  not know  what a sharp corner is, and that they are indeed  NOT turning a 5 foot radius corner in their pattern.
I do agree with you that  we should have some sort of program to  train, or help any team member that wants to take advantage of something like you suggested, but implementation is difficult

Regards
Randy

Offline Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Admiral
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2018, 01:35:43 PM »
Why not select the team for the next Worlds now so they have time to prepare for it. The way it's done now the team has a month or so.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2018, 01:51:55 PM »
Why not select the team for the next Worlds now so they have time to prepare for it. The way it's done now the team has a month or so.

It's usually done approximately a year ahead of time, like Labor day weekend in 2019 for the July 2020 WC.

Brett

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2018, 02:29:26 PM »
Well you maybe right that some  pilots  do not know what a sharp corner is, or they do not know a 5 foot radius is not being done, However  I do know from speaking to dozens of top pilots, that they do indeed know  what a  sharp corner is, and  they  all also know  that no one is doing a  5 foot radius, So I have a hard time believing anyone capable of getting on the  team,  would  not know  what a sharp corner is, and that they are indeed  NOT turning a 5 foot radius corner in their pattern.
I do agree with you that  we should have some sort of program to  train, or help any team member that wants to take advantage of something like you suggested, but implementation is difficult

Regards
Randy

Well, I agree in principle to what you said.  I do not think you or I or anyone else for that matter knows who might be able to make the team 5 to 10 years from now.  Or even if there will be a team that far into the future!  I will predict however that if WE can't put something in place to change the current trend then Paul's suggestion of getting used to losing will be a fact!

As I said before, I agree that establishing an organization to accomplish the kind of training required will be difficult.  There are people within the stunt community that could do it.   I believe the Chinese have such an organization (Probably supported by their Government) and it's possible that some of the European countries still do.  Certainly several used to have such organizations.

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2018, 03:16:17 PM »
As I said before, I agree that establishing an organization to accomplish the kind of training required will be difficult.  There are people within the stunt community that could do it.   I believe the Chinese have such an organization (Probably supported by their Government) and it's possible that some of the European countries still do.  Certainly several used to have such organizations.

You mean like the judge-training organization that was going to provide legions of uniformly qualified Nats judges?  Organizations are made of individuals, of which only a handful are qualified to help. I suppose we could raise money to send team members to Napa or the WSR for training.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here