News:

• May 14, 2024, 04:20:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: the balloon.  (Read 6753 times)

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: the balloon.
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2023, 02:13:57 PM »
Of course, someone stated that biden was responsible for "two years of fabulous progress" and another referred to Trump as a "jerk".

Well, for any of you that support this POS occupying the White House, check out a few things he's accomplished.

I thought there could never be a worst president than obummer but I was wrong - POS biden is worse.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2023, 09:05:42 PM »
Of course, someone stated that biden was responsible for "two years of fabulous progress" and another referred to Trump as a "jerk".

Well, for any of you that support this POS occupying the White House, check out a few things he's accomplished.

I thought there could never be a worst president than obummer but I was wrong - POS biden is worse.

No doubt. We're being forced to live our lives suffering from the POS and his herd of sheep moronic agendas. Even worse is all those same Libtards are simply too stupid to see it or ever figure it out. And, they're still capable of breeding.  HB~>
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2023, 03:26:48 AM »
But worse than breeding, they VOTE!

Offline Miotch

• Commander
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2023, 06:14:49 AM »
And here I thought I joined a model airplane forum. Love the information I can get here, but I have to say that out of all of the hobby forums I’ve belonged to ( guitars, dirt bikes, tube amps, etc. ) this place is The Most political one  I’ve ever seen.   Wow.

Offline Tom McClain

• Charter Member
  • Commander
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2023, 07:19:33 AM »
And here I thought I joined a model airplane forum. Love the information I can get here, but I have to say that out of all of the hobby forums I’ve belonged to ( guitars, dirt bikes, tube amps, etc. ) this place is The Most political one  I’ve ever seen.   Wow.

So, what control line airplanes do you possess, fly, build, etc.? Just curious.
Tom McClain

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2023, 07:54:40 AM »

I would agree with you; I think that it is also a reflection of the fact that much of the membership is older.  This is the only forum that I belong to with an obituary section (In Memory of friends). I do not mean any disrespect by it, I  have been around model airplanes for a long time and enjoy reading the tributes, etc. that get posted in that section.  After all, this is mostly a social activity with a airplanes sprinkled on it.  Nonetheless, having such a section is unusual.

Offline Tom McClain

• Charter Member
  • Commander
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2023, 08:15:08 AM »
I would agree with you; I think that it is also a reflection of the fact that much of the membership is older.  This is the only forum that I belong to with an obituary section (In Memory of friends). I do not mean any disrespect by it, I  have been around model airplanes for a long time and enjoy reading the tributes, etc. that get posted in that section.  After all, this is mostly a social activity with a airplanes sprinkled on it.  Nonetheless, having such a section is unusual.

So, being elderly is a crime. Being a conservative and pro America 🇺🇸 and believing in the constitution and the rule of law is a crime? If so, then I refuse to give in to those that would that would give in to the chaos!
Tom McClain

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2023, 09:31:51 AM »
We should realize that there is a great different between politics and PATRIOTISM.

The people who love and support AMERICA are PATRIOTS.

The people who hate and want to destroy America are just worthless SLIME.
They contribute NOTHING with their useless liberal hatefull BULLSH!T.
The Trump haters in particular are, in my opinion, the most pathetic.
They refuse to acknowledge the fact that here's done more for the country than anyone in recent history.

Although not the purpose of Stunt Hanger, there will be occasional political inferences.
Two choices: Deal with it or leave the site.

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2023, 09:47:23 AM »
No doubt. We're being forced to live our lives suffering from the POS and his herd of sheep moronic agendas. Even worse is all those same Libtards are simply too stupid to see it or ever figure it out. And, they're still capable of breeding.  HB~>

Worse yet Wayne, they vote! HB~>

Jerry

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2023, 09:49:59 AM »
So, being elderly is a crime. Being a conservative and pro America 🇺🇸 and believing in the constitution and the rule of law is a crime? If so, then I refuse to give in to those that would that would give in to the chaos!

Amen Tom.

Jerry

Offline Miotch

• Commander
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2023, 10:01:35 AM »
So, what control line airplanes do you possess, fly, build, etc.? Just curious.

And a few others up in the attic …

Offline Miotch

• Commander
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2023, 10:05:26 AM »
Author deleted. It was a bit catty.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 01:41:07 PM by Miotch »

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2023, 10:34:38 AM »
STOP

Reporting this post.
as long as it does not get personal I am going to let this go. So many times the left wants to censor conservative thought and expression. As far as facts go can anyone tell me they are doing better now than just 2 years ago?
AMA 12366

Offline Steve_Pollock

• 2019 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2023, 11:05:46 AM »
In other parts of the world ...

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2023, 11:10:57 AM »
 As far as facts go can anyone tell me they are doing better now than just 2 years ago?
[/quote]

Robert,

I do all the cooking/house work etc. for my disabled wife. And I can tall you that I scrutinize all the "HIGH" prices of groceries etc.,etc.............thanks to the moron Joe.  y1

Jerry

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2023, 11:13:49 AM »
STOP

Reporting this post.
as long as it does not get personal I am going to let this go. So many times the left wants to censor conservative thought and expression. As far as facts go can anyone tell me they are doing better now than just 2 years ago?

y1 y1 y1
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2023, 11:21:15 AM »
As far as facts go can anyone tell me they are doing better now than just 2 years ago?

Robert,

I do all the cooking/house work etc. for my disabled wife. And I can tall you that I scrutinize all the "HIGH" prices of groceries etc.,etc.............thanks to the moron Joe.  y1

Jerry

When I started working for Jerry Haupt (Now DECEASED) Just 2 years ago I was paying $35 per week to eat. Now buying the same products it cost me $75. Way to go.
AMA 12366

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2023, 12:28:51 PM »
There is no question that things have gotten more expensive in the US, but this is also true of other countries as well (Germany 8.5%, Peru 8.6%, Spain 5.5%, Japan 4%, US 6.5% or so, this is as of the end of last month). Up until recently the world had an economic trifecta but COVID changed that:

- Cheap capital (i.e. low interest rates, not anymore)
- Cheap labor (mostly China. Mexico is actually becoming cost competitive with China as China becomes more expensive.  I think that we are currently politically too short sighted to see that opportunity...)
- Cheap energy. COVID affected demand which affected production, at least in the US production has mostly recovered but markets are tight, specially with part of Russia's production out of the game.

No single person had the ability to control all three across the world at the same time. If so, I would like to understand how that was the case... It is true that the economic support provided in the US aggravated the situation and this started before the current administration assumed office. The strong job market has kept the economy from stagnating as a result of inflation so we may have a way out of this.

I find it a double standard that it is OK for the insults to travel in only one direction; have someone with a dissenting opinion and they generally get squashed. The comment I made about age was intentional, I was just assigning a label without really explaining what it meant and it seems that some did not like it. In case you are wondering what I meant, the word that comes to mind is opinionated. It appears that people took it to mean far worse.  And we are the ones called snowflakes...

Regarding the balloon, the US has fairly sophisticated ECM capabilities so I am pretty sure that they were able to monitor and gather intelligence based on its transmissions and potentially jam it as well.  This is a game that has been going on for a long time. The US is not naive to this. Letting it fly over the US provided for bad optics but I am not convinced that our national security was affected by it. China is probably more concerned about the new bases that the US will have access too than the shooting down of the balloon. The US will now we have two bases, each within 200 mile range of Taiwan: one NE and the other SE. of the island. They were also not pleased when Japan decided to increase their military spending to about 2% of the GDP. Japan actually has more economic leverage in the region than China: ~230B in foreign investment at 1% interest vs. ~ 150B at 4% interest for the Chinese.  This is a real threat to them.

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2023, 12:49:44 PM »
There is no question that things have gotten more expensive in the US, but this is also true of other countries as well (Germany 8.5%, Peru 8.6%, Spain 5.5%, Japan 4%, US 6.5% or so, this is as of the end of last month). Up until recently the world had an economic trifecta but COVID changed that:

- Cheap capital (i.e. low interest rates, not anymore)
- Cheap labor (mostly China. Mexico is actually becoming cost competitive with China as China becomes more expensive.  I think that we are currently politically too short sighted to see that opportunity...)
- Cheap energy. COVID affected demand which affected production, at least in the US production has mostly recovered but markets are tight, specially with part of Russia's production out of the game.

None of those things was affected by "COVID". They were all created by *our insane overreaction to "COVID"*, in particular, out-of-control government spending, and that is nearly 100% attributable to the left and their hysteria campaign. This was predicted nearly from the beginning, lots of people knew what was going to happen - and they were all shouted down by people screeching about "safety".

That's exactly the sort of thing Bob was talking about above - any mention of any of these side effects, or the ineffective response, was intentionally and proudly shut down as "misinformation" or "conspiracy theories" - despite the fact they are proving to have been accurate.

Brett

Offline Miotch

• Commander
« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2023, 01:28:09 PM »
I didn’t mean to inflame this even further, it’s just that I saw on sticky that said “no political comments” so I was surprised at some of them here.   My political beliefs are up to me to share if I choose, I guess. And I choose not to here. It’s a rabbit hole that only seems to anger people.   So, back to balloons, …. 

I’m not a fan of balloons. With or without people hanging from them. Nor helicopters.

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2023, 01:37:20 PM »
  None of those things was affected by "COVID". They were all created by *our insane overreaction to "COVID"*, in particular, out-of-control government spending, and that is nearly 100% attributable to the left and their hysteria campaign. This was predicted nearly from the beginning, lots of people knew what was going to happen - and they were all shouted down by people screeching about "safety".

That's exactly the sort of thing Bob was talking about above - any mention of any of these side effects, or the ineffective response, was intentionally and proudly shut down as "misinformation" or "conspiracy theories" - despite the fact they are proving to have been accurate.

Brett

I would disagree for a couple of reasons:

1) China came up with the zero COVID policy on their own, they basically shutdown the country of their own volition. It did have an impact on the availability of labor. We had not control over that.

2) The world was observing the running of an experiment live during the pandemic.  It had not happened before and I do believe that they reacted in the best way they could based on the data they had at the time.  We saw this happen on many other countries as well. Medicine is not as precise as people would like to think; it is very easy to point out the errors after the fact.  Back in 1918 during the Spanish Flu pandemic they imposed some of the same restrictions as we saw during COVID; the difference was that back then people were not as mobile as today.

3) The CDC is good about statistics and during the peak of the pandemic there was a significant increase in what they call excess deaths (deaths which the usual year to year statistics cannot account for). If you can explain it based on something else I am all ears. The pandemic was real and I believe that most of us know of at least one person who passed as a result of it (in my case 6). In my view, over-reaction is very loaded term; either way the people making the decision will be blamed for either not doing enough or doing too much and not knowing what to do. And this is trying to decide based on data that changes from week to week. On a more personal level my sister in law is a department head at a Florida hospital; it was very rough going for her for a couple of years.

4) Once you had shut downs in the US demand for oil went down which affected production.  Oil from tar sands or fracking need a certain price point to be economically feasible; the really low prices we saw during the pandemic were good for us but not those producers. Production has mostly recovered since, last time I checked we were within 5% of the previous peak.

In the end, for all of those who believe that it was grossly mishandled I would love to know what YOU would have done differently and based on what knowledge. For this, I rather follow what the CDC suggests.  Call me sheep if you like but listening to my Dr. has kept relatively healthy all of these years.

Online Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • Balsa Beavers Toronto Canada
« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2023, 03:44:33 PM »

1) China came up with the zero COVID policy on their own, they basically shutdown the country of their own volition. It did have an impact on the availability of labor. We had not control over that.

2) The world was observing the running of an experiment live during the pandemic.  It had not happened before and I do believe that they reacted in the best way they could based on the data they had at the time.  We saw this happen on many other countries as well. Medicine is not as precise as people would like to think; it is very easy to point out the errors after the fact.  Back in 1918 during the Spanish Flu pandemic they imposed some of the same restrictions as we saw during COVID; the difference was that back then people were not as mobile as today.

3) The CDC is good about statistics and during the peak of the pandemic there was a significant increase in what they call excess deaths (deaths which the usual year to year statistics cannot account for). If you can explain it based on something else I am all ears. The pandemic was real and I believe that most of us know of at least one person who passed as a result of it (in my case 6). In my view, over-reaction is very loaded term; either way the people making the decision will be blamed for either not doing enough or doing too much and not knowing what to do. And this is trying to decide based on data that changes from week to week. On a more personal level my sister in law is a department head at a Florida hospital; it was very rough going for her for a couple of years.

4) Once you had shut downs in the US demand for oil went down which affected production.  Oil from tar sands or fracking need a certain price point to be economically feasible; the really low prices we saw during the pandemic were good for us but not those producers. Production has mostly recovered since, last time I checked we were within 5% of the previous peak.

In the end, for all of those who believe that it was grossly mishandled I would love to know what YOU would have done differently and based on what knowledge. For this, I rather follow what the CDC suggests.  Call me sheep if you like but listening to my Dr. has kept relatively healthy all of these years.

Protect those who need protecting and let the rest of us live, closing schools was criminal.
My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2023, 03:46:55 PM »
I didn’t mean to inflame this even further, it’s just that I saw on sticky that said “no political comments” so I was surprised at some of them here.   My political beliefs are up to me to share if I choose, I guess. And I choose not to here. It’s a rabbit hole that only seems to anger people.   So, back to balloons, …. 

I’m not a fan of balloons. With or without people hanging from them. Nor helicopters.
This thread is not in the right forum. It should be in the Supporters Room.  Politics are not supposed to be here but most of us are pretty tolerant.  If it doesn't get out of control, Sparkey pretty much lets it play out.  Easy to ignore.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #123 on: February 11, 2023, 10:12:37 PM »
Ah, Dennis, it's good we can always count on you for your "yada, yada, yada ..." - though maybe some day you'll actually discuss FACTS?

Speaking of those AR-15s: as long as you and the likes of you keep re-electing the likes of Sheila Jackson Lee (who actually writes LAW when she's not taking selfies, showing off her ring or having her hair done), we can be certain intelligence is mostly missing in one aisle of Congress!

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/09/23/watch-sheila-jackson-lees-take-on-ar-15s-reiterates-how-little-she-knows-about-n2553510

I suspect most of us who aren't ... um, er, ah ... sexually attracted to furniture think rather differently than you.  Which makes you unique, Maple (or Walnut, or Cherry?) Man!

Dennis

Better yet this genius Please watch the Dems in action. I think he is related to AOC.

AMA 12366

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2023, 01:43:45 AM »

If you believe what you've posted, I'll be happy to call you a sheep.  An uneducated sheep.

If you believe what you've posted, I'll be happy to call you a sheep.  An uneducated sheep.

Please tell us about CDC reporting adverse reactions to the jab, for example.  Or the guy who was eaten by an alligator and reported as a COVID death.  How many times has the CDC changed their own criteria to manipulate numbers?

An urgent care doctor told me my 19-year-old son should NOT have jabs.  How many people did our military toss out for not listening to doctors like him?  I'm aware of one former Navy member who is being sued by this Administration for more than $200,000 to recover the cost of educating him and then kicking him out of the service.  Any signs of intelligence there?

You say demand for oil is down.  Then why are several states suing the Administration for failing to auction off leases as required by a LAW passed by Congress?

Please, if you're going to lecture us - get informed and use some intellectual integrity!  (In other words, get your head out of the sand ... or wherever!)

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Online Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Admiral
« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2023, 05:50:08 AM »
Let'see if I have the facts right. UFO near the North pole, Biden tells "NORAD" to shoot it down. Several remains found in the wreckage. Red suit,black boots and a big red nose. Joe Biden shot down Santa.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2023, 06:12:18 AM »
Been to Guam twice and never noticed if it had a slight list or not. LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~Begs the question, "Just how stupid are you"?? D>K

I want to know how the Admrial held a straight face when answering the question. That's discipline
AMA 12366

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2023, 06:22:10 AM »
Dennis,

I have family that lives abroad as well, the levels of vaccine hesitancy (as it is politely called) make the US rather unique and much of it inspired on by information of questionable value. That "sudden death" or what ever video is called is an example of that; if you believe that a mortician's medical knowledge surpasses that of a coroner then be my guest. That level of skepticism is not seen in other parts of the word.  The idea behind vaccines in general is that the vaccinated population will generally have better outcomes than one which is unvaccinated. With the amount of information circulating in the US one would think that vaccine related issues are so prevalent that most of us would be aware of at least one instance.  I know of none, but I do know the names of 6 who passed as a result of COVID; all of them before vaccines became widely available...

Take a look at the enclosed showing US oil production; the latest number in the graph is from Nov of '22:

https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPUS2&f=M

As you can see production has almost fully recovered. Regarding the leases I would imagine that you understand that leases granted today do not affect production today but then again, the oil companies are sitting on leases which are currently undeveloped:

https://westernpriorities.org/2022/03/by-the-numbers-oil-industry-awash-in-permits-leases-while-pushing-for-more-drilling%EF%BF%BC/#:~:text=In%20total%2C%20the%20oil%20industry,but%20are%20choosing%20not%20to.

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2023, 08:58:10 AM »
Dennis,

I have family that lives abroad as well, the levels of vaccine hesitancy (as it is politely called) make the US rather unique and much of it inspired on by information of questionable value. That "sudden death" or what ever video is called is an example of that; if you believe that a mortician's medical knowledge surpasses that of a coroner then be my guest. That level of skepticism is not seen in other parts of the word.  The idea behind vaccines in general is that the vaccinated population will generally have better outcomes than one which is unvaccinated. With the amount of information circulating in the US one would think that vaccine related issues are so prevalent that most of us would be aware of at least one instance.  I know of none, but I do know the names of 6 who passed as a result of COVID; all of them before vaccines became widely available...

Take a look at the enclosed showing US oil production; the latest number in the graph is from Nov of '22:

As you can see production has almost fully recovered. Regarding the leases I would imagine that you understand that leases granted today do not affect production today but then again, the oil companies are sitting on leases which are currently undeveloped:

https://westernpriorities.org/2022/03/by-the-numbers-oil-industry-awash-in-permits-leases-while-pushing-for-more-drilling%EF%BF%BC/#:~:text=In%20total%2C%20the%20oil%20industry,but%20are%20choosing%20not%20to.

Yada yada yada and much ado about nothing.

Tell us, by Pfizer's own study of more than 40,000 individuals, how much did the vaccine lower the risk of infection or death?  The great majority of those dying now are (1) vaccinated or (2) unvaccinated?

Re: leases - you do realize the Administration didn't just stop the sale of leases yesterday, right?  You do realize oil production has been restricted by much more than fewer leases, right?  What is the message to the big, bad oil companies and the states that benefit greatly from royalties?  Should Congress, or the Administration make changes?

Sorry, you are just creating wind.  Perhaps many Americans learned long ago to not follow like ignorant sheep.  I think doctors who recommend against the vaccine for young people just might be better informed than most morticians.  And now we're desperately trying to bring the education level of kids up to where it would have been without the closures.  Never mind that the young suffered much higher rates of mental health issues and even suicide.  You just keep bending over and letting big brother stick it to you, even while you defend the actions.

Dennis

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2023, 09:35:46 AM »
Dennis,

Very interesting analysis.  Were it coming from other sources I would give it more weight but the graphs do apparently represent factual data, it is just how you interpret it that makes the difference.  The only explanation I can think of for high gas prices is that supply is not keeping up with demand and why is that?  The charts indicate that it is.  I do place a lot of the reason for high prices on the oil companies, but I place the blame on the administration for creating the environment they are reacting to.  How do you get investors and banks to invest when the administration's policy is to eliminate oil?   Expecting a business to act in the best interests of the consumer is hogwash.  They do so only because it is in their best interest.  In this case, since petrochemicals are essentially a commodity over which they have little price control, the market, not the consumer is their customer.  If the market demands a greater return on investment, they have little choice but to respond.  With cost fixed by the market, demand fixed by the consumer all they have is price.  There are many permutations of the basic profit formula.  Profit = Price - Cost where PRICE was fixed by the market.   For whatever reason, and I blame government for most of it, corporations have been forced into Price = Profit + Cost where PROFIT is the fixed component. 

Granted, this is a massive oversimplification of the problem, but we are falling into the trap of blaming the companies for reacting to what they have little control over and asking the government to fix it.  Please show me where in history that has worked.  If left alone, a market will fall into balance and stay there.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2023, 09:43:09 AM »
Very interesting analysis.  Were it coming from other sources I would give it more weight but the graphs do apparently represent factual data, it is just how you interpret it that makes the difference.  The only explanation I can think of for high gas prices is that supply is not keeping up with demand and why is that when the charts indicate that it is.  I do place a lot of the reason for high prices on the oil companies, but I place the blame on the administration for creating the environment they are reacting to.  How do you get investors and banks to invest when the administration's policy is to eliminate oil?   Expecting a business to act in the best interests of the consumer is hogwash.  They do so only because it is in their best interest.  In this case, since petrochemicals are essentially a commodity over which they have little price control, the market, not the consumer is their customer.  If the market demands a greater return on investment, they have little choice but to respond.  With cost fixed by the market, demand fixed by the consumer all they have is price.  Some will be surprised to know that selling less at a higher price produces greater profit.  There are many permutations of the basic profit formula.  Profit = Price - Cost where PRICE was fixed by the market.   For whatever reason, and I blame government for most of it, corporations have been forced into Price = Profit + Cost where PROFIT is the fixed component. 

Granted, this is a massive oversimplification of the problem, but we are falling into the trap of blaming the companies for reacting to what they have little control over and asking the government to fix it.  Please show me where in history that has worked.  If left alone, a market will fall into balance and stay there.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2023, 01:03:38 AM »

I built a Blue Pants as a kid. Wish I still had it. Might even learn to fly it.

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2023, 10:21:24 AM »
Very interesting analysis.  Were it coming from other sources I would give it more weight but the graphs do apparently represent factual data, it is just how you interpret it that makes the difference.  The only explanation I can think of for high gas prices is that supply is not keeping up with demand and why is that?  The charts indicate that it is.  I do place a lot of the reason for high prices on the oil companies, but I place the blame on the administration for creating the environment they are reacting to.  How do you get investors and banks to invest when the administration's policy is to eliminate oil?   Expecting a business to act in the best interests of the consumer is hogwash.  They do so only because it is in their best interest.  In this case, since petrochemicals are essentially a commodity over which they have little price control, the market, not the consumer is their customer.  If the market demands a greater return on investment, they have little choice but to respond.  With cost fixed by the market, demand fixed by the consumer all they have is price.  There are many permutations of the basic profit formula.  Profit = Price - Cost where PRICE was fixed by the market.   For whatever reason, and I blame government for most of it, corporations have been forced into Price = Profit + Cost where PROFIT is the fixed component. 

Ken

While it's easy to focus on "gas " prices, it should be all grouped together , (gasoline, oil, diesel, home heating oil, natural gas) and just be considered as "fuel prices" in general. The price bill board at the gas station gets all the attention, but it's the cost of diesel fuel that is really killing everything, and the cost of any petroleum products used in general manufacturing. The list of items, products and goods that rely on "fossil fuels" ( as they like to refer to them ) is endless!! Everything that you eat, drink, generally consume, wear, ride in and on depends almost 100% on trucking. Trucks deliver the components and ingredients for just about EVERYTHING!! Remember the big hang up with unloading all the container freighters out out in California?? That was mainly caused by goofball Newsome's rules and regulations on what trucks could come into the state to haul them to their destination. There is nothing that you use in everyday life that doesn't depend on trucking. And with the cost of diesel fuel still as high as a Chinese spy balloon, it will continue to affect the price of ANYTHING that you can think of. Even the high priced gasoline we complain about HAS to be delivered by truck!! If you get the price of diesel fuel back down to $3 or less a gallon, and that is ENTIRELY possible, you won't see any changes. And forget electric trucks. Some people don't realize that some of these trucks almost never stop. One driver takes a load to a certain point, he gets out and another takes over. You will NEVER see electric trucks replace the common diesel tractor because it just CAN NOT do what a good old MACK Bulldog can do!
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Tom McClain

• Charter Member
  • Commander
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2023, 11:34:13 AM »
For over 72 hours now, the administration has not explained or provided proof about what are the four objects that they have allegedly shot down. This brings up the old axiom, how do you cover up a lie? Tell a bigger lie!
Tom McClain

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2023, 03:16:23 AM »

Dennis

Offline pat king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2023, 09:44:11 AM »
How can the media not understand what the additional UFOs are? They are different sizes and shapes. Simple counter espionage. Determine how long it takes your enemy to identify and react to different size and shape airborne vehicles. The balloon told them how long it would take for a reaction to an aircraft that was visible to the naked eye from the ground. Now the tests are to determine the best size and shape to avoid detection for the longest time.
Our military surely understands this entire exercise.

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline pat king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2023, 09:49:06 AM »
Been to Guam twice and never noticed if it had a slight list or not. LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~Begs the question, "Just how stupid are you"?? D>K

Ty,
Maybe it's that you are a half a bubble off yourself and therefore didn't notice the list!! :-)

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2023, 11:19:09 AM »
Though this was funny....

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2023, 06:03:53 PM »
We have our suspisions ,

Reminds us of when my Free Flight Tiger Moth went dipping & diving over the Bowling Club tin fence .
They mustve been ducking & diving , a full house . Deadly Silence was the stern reply , retriving it , dirt on spinner
from the pathway between the two ' fields ' after circumnavigating the block . It came over the back fence , by six inches .

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2023, 06:08:09 PM »

Please Sir , can we have our ballon back .

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2023, 01:58:50 PM »

Dennis

Offline Tom McClain

• Charter Member
  • Commander
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2023, 05:13:54 PM »
For over 72 hours now, the administration has not explained or provided proof about what are the four objects that they have allegedly shot down. This brings up the old axiom, how do you cover up a lie? Tell a bigger lie!

Well, now it is over 5 days since this latest narrative has begun and the Biden Regime is refusing to provide visual or concrete evidence of the existence of the latest alleged shoot downs.  Makes one wonder.
Tom McClain

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2023, 05:22:32 PM »
Well, now it is over 5 days since this latest narrative has begun and the Biden Regime is refusing to provide visual or concrete evidence of the existence of the latest alleged shoot downs.  Makes one wonder.

We all know it's BS distraction
AMA 12366

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #143 on: February 15, 2023, 07:37:26 PM »
Would he even know what a balloon is?   ???
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Tom McClain

• Charter Member
  • Commander
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2023, 11:00:51 AM »
Well it appears our government and military may have used $400.000 missiles to shoot down a $12.00 science experiment.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cruz-responds-biden-authorized-200-million-fighter-jet-shoot-science-project
Tom McClain

Offline Tony Drago

• Captain
« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2023, 11:03:57 AM »
      Depleting the military's stockpile?

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2023, 12:41:56 PM »
I still wonder where these people got their education.   ???
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline pat king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #147 on: February 17, 2023, 02:29:00 PM »
What is the "Mensa Balloon Club" doing launching un-tethered aircraft into the national airspace without a transponder? Angels 40 may be above commercial air traffic, but it sure isn't above military flight levels. And, the thing had to pass through every other flight level to get there. The FAA gets their panties in a bunch about model aircraft, but no one had said boo about the damned balloon wandering around all over the country. If it turns out that the any of the objects shot down was from that club the U S Government should take them to court to recover the cost of removing a hazard from the national airspace.

Pat R%%%%
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline GallopingGhostler

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2023, 10:49:53 PM »
I want to know how the Admrial held a straight face when answering the question. That's discipline

They were saying that about Waikiki and rest of the high rise portion of Honolulu even back 50 years ago, the concrete jungle was going to sink into the ocean because it was too heavy. Was and still is a blue state.

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #149 on: February 19, 2023, 01:58:03 PM »
[quote author=Miotch link=." Love the information I can get here, but I have to say that out of all of the hobby forums I’ve belonged to ( guitars, dirt bikes, tube amps, etc. ) this place is The Most political one  I’ve ever seen.   Wow."
[/quote]

No, the word you are looking for is not "political", but "polluted".
90 years, but still going (mostly)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here