Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 1496 times)

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Thanks
« on: November 11, 2018, 12:29:16 AM »
Two percent of Americans have served in the military.
It seems that the bunch that frequent this board have served at a much higher rate.
To those that wrote the check...THANK YOU!

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Thanks
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2018, 09:19:08 AM »
Thank you to you too Rich. I don't say much on here about Veterans Day anymore. To many sensitive people on here take things wrong.
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Online Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2018, 02:02:11 PM »
Ty, AMEN CHIEF.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Online Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 07:17:07 PM »
KOREA 1960, VIETNAM 61, 62, 63, 66, 67. I PAID MY DUES.

Offline pat king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • PDK LLC
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2018, 08:31:53 PM »
To all my Brothers in Arms, Thank You for your service. My we all observe a moment of silence for those who served and are no longer with us.

Pat
Pat King
Monee, IL

AMA 168941

Offline Gary Dowler

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 08:56:39 PM »
Today, at 11 AM, we marked the 100th anniversary of the end of hostilities in the Great War, which today we refer to as WW1.
The armistice was signed at the 11th hour, of the 11th day of the 11th month of the 18th year of the century, which was today for us in the present era.

I have a couple of connections to that war. My grandmother, who herself lived to be exactly 100 to the day, had two older brothers who served in the American Expeditionary forces in Europe. One was wounded and sent home, but before making it home to Montana he developed an infection while at an Army hospital in North Dakota and died. The other survived the war and returned.
Then many years ago I befriended the widow of a man who had served in WW1 as well. She even passed on to me his Army basic field manual, bearing the inscription Sgt R.A. Turner, US Expeditionary Forces, 1917.   Reading through it is interesting, things have certainly changed.

More recently my father retired a Master Chief from the Navy Reserves after 38 years, including combat in Korea. 1950-1988.  And my wife also served a hitch in the Army right after high school.

Hats off to all of our veterans!!!!!!!
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 09:39:21 PM »
Two percent of Americans have served in the military.
It seems that the bunch that frequent this board have served at a much higher rate.
To those that wrote the check...THANK YOU!

Thank you for reminding us, Rich.  I second your thank you to those who make it possible to "debate" one another in less perilous fashion. 

I sang in a trio saluting our veterans in Church this morning with the song "American Anthem",  a choral version of which can be  seen and heard here: ahttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdM8S-8R7sI

Ted

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 09:45:32 AM »
The wife and I watched a program about the Modern Warriers.  four individual From Maines, Army, Navy and I think Air force.  As in the past if politicians would go fight the battles they put restrictions on they would soon learn to let the military do what they are trained to do: Win the War.  Still can't thank our Veterans and active military for what they do.   I think some of the statements were edited to keep from naming names, especially when some of the politicians should be indicted for treason. S?P mw~
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Kevin Muckleroy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 01:49:50 PM »
KOREA 1960, VIETNAM 61, 62, 63, 66, 67. I PAID MY DUES.
Yes you did pay your DUES. Wow! Thank You very much. I feel un-deserving being called a Vet. Was in the Navy only 4 years and never left NAS Miramar.

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 01:51:33 PM »
I was told once years ago one of the best things you could tell a Veteran was " Welcome Home"

Welcome Home to everyone who wore a uniform in the name of freedom!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 02:40:02 PM »
I did not serve but come from a family that did. My dad, both brothers, 7 uncles, 2 aunts and a host of cousins. I salute those that protect this country.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Online Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2018, 07:12:55 PM »
Kevin,
      Thank you.

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2018, 09:16:43 PM »
In my family my Great Grandfather (George Whitaker) served in the US Navy in WWI,  My Grand Father's (both of them) as well as my Father and Uncle served in WW2 in the Marine Corps (Yes, all at the same time)!
Two of my four brothers served in the Air Force during the Vietnam Era though not in combat.  My Wife's Father and Uncle served in WW2 and her Father, 1st Lt. Rupert D. Huggins, died on D day at Normandy, and is Buried in France.  He was a Platoon leader with the 82nd Airborne Division.

I served in the US Army for 10 years beginning in 1961 (3 as an enlisted man), and the rest as an officer in Army Special Forces, and two of those  in the 1st SOG in
Vietnam.

I guess you could call us a Military oriented family.  We are all very proud of it also!

My thanks to all who served and special thanks to several friends who saved my bacon many times and did not return from Vietnam.

Now, as an Old Man, my thoughts return to them and those times often.  Especially on Veterans Day.

Randy Cuberly
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 01:09:41 PM by Randy Cuberly »
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 09:18:54 PM »
6 Years until retirement!!

I’m currently out at the National Training Center at “luxurious” Ft Irwin, CA, and getting ready for deployment #6 to Afghanistan.  I remember how big of a thing the first one was, not giving a thought to a 2nd...or a 3rd...

Nowaday’s, its remarkably strange to be considered “old” and “crusty” and “old school” with more deployment time than a lot of guys in my unit have in the Army!  Most of my early leadership has long since retired.  None of the people that I originally went through flight school with are in anymore.  They’ve all left the Army to peruse other careers.  I’ll run into people from my “vintage” once and awhile, and reminisce about this and that and how it “usta-be”.  It’s a really odd feeling that I never thought I would experience at such a young age.

Happy Veterans Day to all my brothers and sisters.  Drink a beer or seven for me  LL~

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here