News:

• March 28, 2024, 05:29:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: THANK YOU TO ALL THE VOLUNTEERS IN THE 2018 NAT'S CLASSIC/N-30/OTS CONTEST  (Read 492 times)

Online Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
      Kathleen and I are just back from the Nat's, and finally have time to send out thanks and recognition to all the great people who worked so hard to put on the CLASSIC/N-30, and OTS events. First on the list is thanks to Brenda Schuette for her help with the grass circles, in getting them groomed so well. We had a lot of complements from all the competitors.
      We had an excellent group doing the flight order, score boards, posting scores, and tabulating. Thanks so much to Shelia Cranfill, Elaine Brookins, and Kathleen Patterson. They kept me straight and the pilots. They also did the same duties with the NAT'S JR./SENOIR/ ADVANCE/OPEN/WALKER CUP competition.
      Thanks to Jeff Traxler who laid out the pits, pull tested, kept order, and did a number of various chores that made the contest go so well.
      Thanks to Mike and Priscilla Scott's grand children Katelyn Scott, and Bryce Scott who ran scores for the events. They really stuck with it. Their older brother, Jeffrey, also assisted in running duties. OH!, I forgot Priscilla Scott ran scores for a while too! All of the Scott grand children flew in Beginner Stunt on the previous Sunday and placed. They are great kids!
      Again we had great people in our judging corps. In OTS was Jim Lynch and Joan Cox on circle one, and Tom Dixon and TY Marcucci on circle two. We again did a brief OTS judges training session the day before at the appearance judging competition in the "180" Bldg to go over some rules changes in the PAMPA OTS REGS. Jim lead the session with input from Tom Dixon, Joan Cox  and Charlie Reeves.
      Thanks and recognition to Andy Stokey and Walter Hicks for a great job judging on circle one, and Dave Fitzgerald and Dave Trible on circle two. We also we want to acknowledge the hours of help Mark Overmier gave at the event that day too.
       I would like to mention that Steve Smith and Mike Eber who were at the NAT'S to judge this year, were not able to do so due to a health problem for Steve, and an auto accident involving Mike. Steve had to go back home and Mike is laid up from his injuries. Please keep them in your prayers.
       The last thing I'd like to say is that the great guys that compete in these events are always so cordial and gracious to not only our volunteers, but to each other. This makes for a very pleasant and fun atmosphere. With all of these people helping it makes it so easy to put on these events. What a pleasure and a privilege for Kathleen and me  to have a part in these events. 
       If I have forgotten to mention anyone, I apologize for overlooking. Let me know and I will correct the omission.   
    Sincerely,
        DOUG PATTERSON

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here