News:

• April 30, 2024, 09:17:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Any Control Line Stunt near Macon, GA?  (Read 657 times)

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
Any Control Line Stunt near Macon, GA?
« on: May 27, 2015, 02:16:30 PM »
Hi all, I have a buddy that's a skilled 1/2A builder and quite a good sport pilot. He's near Macon, GA, specifically Ft. Valley. He is interested in testing the waters of flying stunt, but knows of no clubs in the vicinity where he might find some help. Anyone know of any resources he might tap within a reasonable distance?
Thanks,
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Mike Griffin

Re: Any Control Line Stunt near Macon, GA?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 07:33:23 PM »
Rusty that is where I moved to after Katrina and lived there for 5 years before we moved back to New Orleans.  There is a HUGE RC club called GAMA - Georgia Aircraft Modelers Association there in Fort Valley.  I belonged to it and Bob Dixon and myself put in a control line circle there at the field.  GAMA puts on the Southeastern Model Show in Perry, GA every year at the fairgrounds and it is a HUGE show.

Anyway, have your friend contact Bill Davenport, he goes by Bad Bill on here and he can get him to the field.  Bob Dixon lives in Macon and is an expert stunt flyer and can help him too.  Bob used\\ to belong to this forum but have not seen him on here in a long time.  Bill is on here a lot and has ads running in the classifieds and you can send him a PM or an e mail.

If i can rustle up a phone number for Bob, I will send it to you by Message.

Hope this helps..

Mike

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
Re: Any Control Line Stunt near Macon, GA?
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 08:01:29 PM »
Thanks Mike, I'll pass that along. In fact he's tried to contact Bob, but so far unsuccessfully. I gave him the link to this thread too, as he usually resides over at Coxengineforum and can read this even if he's not an SH member.
Thanks for letting us know about GAMA having a CL circle. Maybe there are some old stunters over there that have forgotten how to have real fun. We can re-infect them with the CL bug.

Since I originally posted, it looks like he's been in touch with Bad Bill. I hope they can at least talk stunt if not fly together.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here