News:

• April 24, 2024, 07:33:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SV-11 Randy Smith from Broadak for my friend.  (Read 6481 times)

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
SV-11 Randy Smith from Broadak for my friend.
« on: November 01, 2018, 04:16:28 PM »
Hello
I just received from the courier my long-awaited box that I ordered a month ago.
Inside the box was a wonderful aerobatic plane that I ordered for Brodak for my little friend, junior, he is now 12 years old, who crashed his only plane 2 months ago.
I was very glad that the box was not damaged after traveling by ship across the ocean.
All parts inside the box were intact and very well packed and attached to the walls of the box.
I bought the Impact Paul Walker aircraft 6 years ago, also produced by Brodak.
I had something to compare.
Sv-11 I liked a lot more. Workmanship is much higher. Sometimes when inspecting the details it seemed to me that this particular copy was built by Randy Smith himself in secret from John Brodak. All the details fit so well, beautifully and accurately. This is especially noticeable on how the fuselage hood is assembled and how the stabilizer is assembled. For the money - it's just a masterpiece. For my friend's child, it will be a great gift. I myself will collect the plane and glue all the details on a flat table. After which I will cover with a film or paint. Then I will install the engine and solder the fuel tank. Tomorrow I will weigh all the details, the difference in weight of the wings and the total weight of the airframe before painting and covering.
On this plane, I will install the Stalker 66 engine with rear exhaust. Just like I installed on my Impact.
I did not find in the instructions for assembling information about the place where the model's center of gravity with a filled tank should be, before take-off. Motor Stalker 66 is very light, with a silencer weighing 385 grams (13.6 oz), and I am afraid that there should be a back centering.
I think the designer of this wonderful aircraft, Randy Smith, will give me the necessary recommendations for centering the aircraft and the amount of weight to be installed in the container on the outer wing.
Regards
Ruslan

Offline M. Scott

• Lieutenant
Re: SV-11 Randy Smith from Broadak for my friend.
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 04:39:23 PM »
If you like that one, you will love the Vector, IC or Electric.
Great workmanship, great design.
Mike

Offline John McFayden

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 06:53:16 PM »
According to the Brodak website the CG is 3.25" back from leading edge.
Noted on the ARF kit description.

http://brodak.com/control-line-kits/brodak/brodak-arf-series/arf-sv11.html

Offline Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 05:11:35 AM »
I've never seen a c/g listed for a full fuel tank.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline TDM

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 06:32:59 AM »
You always balance empty.
Each goal you meet is a moment of happiness
Happiness is the harmony between what you think and what you do. Mahatma Gandhi

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2018, 09:14:30 AM »
How did you get one with no covering?

IC version is available as an ARC ( I have one :) )
MAAC 8177

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 11:32:06 AM »
Thank you friends for the answers.
I also really like the Vector.
I did not know that there is an electro option. Thank.
I will definitely check the center of gravity at a distance of 3.5 inches from the front edge of the wing. I would like to know the alignment that should be in flight (the amount and weight of fuel are different for everyone).
I actually ordered it without a trim, so I got it. Junior himself will be wrapping his plane with a cover with a film for a covering.
Today, Junior and his father were very pleased when they received their new aircraft.
Regards
Ruslan

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 03:27:47 PM »
Hello
Today, our children began assembling their favorite aircraft under the strict guidance of their fathers. My son is the smallest, he is only 7, the head of the model aircraft laboratory explains how to properly hold sandpaper in his hands and how to sand properly. So far, nothing happens. His older friend Denis, he is 11 years old, today installed a control system at the SV-11.
Regards
Ruslan

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 06:15:06 PM »
he is only 7, the head of the model aircraft laboratory explains how to properly hold sandpaper in his hands and how to sand properly. So far, nothing happens.

Give Him a piece of 40 Wt paper , and somethings gunna happen , real fast .

Better keep him well away from the aeroplane with it , though . a bit of practise on some offcuts might not be amiss .

The coarse paper will let him see whats happening , and dial him in .

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 09:08:17 AM »
Give Him a piece of 40 Wt paper , and somethings gunna happen , real fast .

Better keep him well away from the aeroplane with it , though . a bit of practise on some offcuts might not be amiss .

The coarse paper will let him see whats happening , and dial him in .
Thanks Matt for an interesting tip.
I will definitely give my son a try a very large skin as you say. Let him try. So it will really be visible at least some result. Although the plane will be sorry. An old plane that hangs on the wall for a very long time is suitable for tests. ;D ;D ;D
Regards
Ruslan

Offline TDM

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 10:27:07 AM »
Ruslan some guise have issues with the symmetric response on the plane. You might want to bias the bellcrank neutral point to get equal throw up and down. I love to see boys building stuff. More pictures please  #^

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2018, 03:38:59 PM »
Ruslan some guise have issues with the symmetric response on the plane. You might want to bias the bellcrank neutral point to get equal throw up and down. I love to see boys building stuff. More pictures please  #^
Thank TDM
I also like it very much when our children and children of our friends build airplanes themselves, learn to cut slats, glue, sand, learn how to make an airplane, begin to think like a designer, and not sit on the couch and watch cartoons all day and play computer games.
With management everything is fine. In previous photos, the control was not properly connected, only for the initial assembly. To check the alignment.
Today, after installing the Stalker 66 engine, we determined that we have a little rear alignment with this motor. I had to facilitate the rudder of the tail. He was from a single piece of balsa and weighed 22 grams. After Denis made his dial and lightened, his weight dropped to 9 grams, more than doubled.
Regards
Ruslan

Offline TDM

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2018, 12:37:41 PM »
Love it.
Thanks for the pictures.
Actually the weight savings are not actually only 13g. For every gram off the tail 3-4g come off the nose too. So you actually knocked out some 40+g overall.
He did a good job there.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2018, 06:28:55 AM »
Love it.
Thanks for the pictures.
Actually the weight savings are not actually only 13g. For every gram off the tail 3-4g come off the nose too. So you actually knocked out some 40+g overall.
He did a good job there.

Nice "holes" also. Thought out and well placed.

Tonto says, "Holes good, reduce weight."
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2018, 09:28:49 AM »
Today, the young designer pasted his fuel tank with an old, broken model, a thin balsa and glued aluminum foil on top of the balsa to reflect the heat from the engine muffler.
Today I was engaged in cutting on a milling machine using a thin disc milling rack rack chassis. Chassis plate thickness 3mm. Rack weight decreased by 20 grams. Durability has not decreased.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2018, 12:23:55 AM »
a thin balsa and glued aluminum foil on top of the balsa to reflect the heat from the engine muffler.
A cunning dodge .

Offline Ruslan Kurenkov

• Commander
  • UKR 995 / FAI 91828
    • controllineparts.com
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 09:44:40 AM »
Hello
After the New Year holidays, Denis obtyanul plane white self-adhesive film, after which the wing and stabilizer were glued, he also installed and adjusted the control system of flaps and stabilizer wheels. Recently the tail unit (keel) was glued and the pilot's cabin was painted black. Soon we will install the fuel tank and the Stalker 66 engine with a conventional silencer.
Regards,Ruslan

Offline Steve Thompson

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 01:04:00 PM »
"Model Aircraft Laboratory"  an excellent term.  There are so many useful things that can be learned.  From something simple like sanding (which isn't really simple) to math, physics, workmanship, patience, etc.

Ruslan, I really like your posts.  They are a hopeful, wonderful look at what is happening from across the world.

Advertise Here
Tags: control line 

Advertise Here