News:

• May 17, 2024, 09:42:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A Clarification  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
A Clarification
« on: May 11, 2016, 04:29:29 PM »
A few nights ago, I posted that i was no longer being active in our hobby and I guess I should have been more specific about what I meant because I keep getting questions  about what I meant by it and to what degree I have decided not to participate anymore in regard to my previous services.  Some of the comments suggested that I was trying to invoke some kind of drama into what I was saying so I will try an clarify this a little more and put this  to rest.

Over the years I have offered several kits of model designs that were for the most part , never commercially offered.  Eric Rule at RSM did the laser cutting for me and has done a lot of the CAD work also along with some others that I contracted with over the years for CAD files.

ALL of those kits are still available and will be until I guess I die and someone else does them.  What I was trying to relate without getting to much in depth in my previous post, is that I have developed some really serious problems with my back and most recently my neck, which is preventing me from building models for others because I cannot bend my neck anymore because of the pain and stiffness I am now experiencing.   I just recently finished doing a test build for Eric at RSM on his soon t be released Electric MIG 3 and I really had to struggle to get it finished and actually did not know if I would get it finished because of not being able to sit or stand at the work bench.

In the past few years I have had three (3) spinal fusions and suffer from chronic back pain and now the problem has moved up to my neck and the ruptured discs in my neck are causing me so much pain, I can no longer bend my head down for any length of time so I have quit building, not only for others, but also for myself.  Flying has become a very painful endeavor for me and I recently cut down on trying to fly my own models.

So basically if you ever want to order a kit from me, that is fine,  I will have it cut and mailed to you as this requires no physical effort to do so.   However, I will no longer offer any more ARF or pre built models and doubt if I will do many if any more videos.   

I hope this puts to rest any questions you might have had or any doubts as if to I really meant i was slowing my participation down in the hobby.  Short of a miracle, I am pretty much done with building and producing any further new kits.

Sincerely

Mike Griffin

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
Re: A Clarification
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 09:27:24 PM »
Sorry to hear of your back and neck problems Mike. I have been going through the same thing for about 14 years now. The last couple of years it has really caught up with me. I can sometimes get through 2 or 3 flights OK, but then I am done as I can't feel my left foot. I hate when I have to literally stumble through the overhead 8's. Gett'n old ain't for sissies they say. I have three bulging discs in my back but the doctor says no surgery if I can put up with the pain. I keep up with walking everday as much as I can stand, and hope I can overcome it again.
sounds like yours is way worse and more like Bob Hunts. We will hope and pray you do get some relief and get on the mend. Hang in there.
Jim Kraft

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 10:33:32 PM »
I'm very sorry to hear of your further difficulties, Mike. Best wishes for a significant improvement!

Serge

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 11:42:25 AM »
Mike thanks for the clarification.  I pray for all you old geezers and your problems and thank GOD it is only my knees.  Going to the races and Wal-Mart helps with the exercises.  Went to T-Bones ball game last night as granddaughter's choir group sis the national anthem.  Good thing it was an exhibition game as Rail Cats won 5-2.  Well now I need to finish the projects I'm working on.   Color is on the Vagabond and wheels mounted.  So Mike and Jim take better care of yourselves. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 11:46:49 AM »
Mike thanks for the clarification.  I pray for all you old geezers

You mean "us" old geezers Doc?  LL~ LL~ LL~

Jerry

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter