News:

• April 24, 2024, 06:24:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stunt News Archives now complete  (Read 1920 times)

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Stunt News Archives now complete
« on: September 21, 2020, 11:31:43 AM »
Chris Rud sent me a message this morning to say he got the last of our remastered issues,  2000-2005 uploaded to the PAMPA website,  save a couple issues he’s going back in search for on the discs I burned.  Now the full library is on the site for members use.  My thanks to Chris for all the hard work!
As another note I got an email from Luis Rossi in Brazil.  He plans on attending our Nats next year-unknown if Benny or Mr. Case is coming as yet.  Luis is making a line of ready- built airplanes similar to the Yatsenko airplanes.
On that subject we are looking to find the Event Director for the 2021 Nats.  Some may be overdue to come answer the call.......just sayin’.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Stunt News Archives now complete
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 05:32:22 PM »
   I'll add my appreciation for a job well done to Chris also. Can't wait to check out some of those back issues again. There was a LOT of great information in the earlier issues.  You guys new to stunt would do well to join PAMPA just to have access to these. It's worth the yearly dues alone now that they are complete.
  Type at you later and  H^^ HATS OFF to Chris Rudd!
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline James Mills

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 07:22:39 PM »
That's awesome, big thanks to Chris for all the hard work.

James
AMA 491167

Offline John Lindberg

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 06:55:20 AM »
Thanks go to all involved!  D>K

Offline Tom McClain

• Charter Member
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 11:18:06 AM »
Dave and Chris,

Did you both receive my digital copies of the Stunt News Issues that I and my wife did from February 2006 to August 2008 during our tenure as Stunt News Editor?

If not, I have them pius several that Tom Morris gave me from some of the missing years.

Tom McClain
Tom McClain

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2020, 12:25:36 PM »
Dave and Chris,

Did you both receive my digital copies of the Stunt News Issues that I and my wife did from February 2006 to August 2008 during our tenure as Stunt News Editor?

If not, I have them pius several that Tom Morris gave me from some of the missing years.

Tom McClain
Hello Tom.  I did forward your files to Chris back when you sent them but as far as I know that part was already on the site for some time.  What we didn’t have was from the beginning in 1973 up until 2005.  That’s what we filled in.  I was looking over a few issues since being loaded.  The machine I bought for this job has programmed page flattening.  Even so your can see some distortion and I couldn’t totally flatten the folds without destroying the originals.  Nonetheless I think they are mostly readable.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline Tom McClain

• Charter Member
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2020, 12:33:58 PM »
I provided better digital versions of 2006 through 2008 than you have because mine are the originals that I made.  You are missing issue two of 2006 and I gave that to you.

Also I sent Tom Morris's original version of SN_Magazine_MAR_APR_2003.pdf, SN_Magazine_NOV_DEC_2002.pdf, SN_Magazine_NOV_DEC_2005.pdf.  I see none of the ones that I gave you.

Tom McClain
Tom McClain

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 06:50:24 PM »
I provided better digital versions of 2006 through 2008 than you have because mine are the originals that I made.  You are missing issue two of 2006 and I gave that to you.

Also I sent Tom Morris's original version of SN_Magazine_MAR_APR_2003.pdf, SN_Magazine_NOV_DEC_2002.pdf, SN_Magazine_NOV_DEC_2005.pdf.  I see none of the ones that I gave you.

Tom McClain
Ill ask Chris to look into it.
AMA 20934

Offline Tom McClain

• Charter Member
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2020, 05:24:20 PM »
Dave,

Have you and Chris come to decision on my offer to provide issues that you are missing?

Tom McClain
Tom McClain

Offline Warren Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2020, 07:56:09 PM »
Hi Dave, were the binders full of Stunt News that I sent you helpful?

W.W.

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2020, 05:35:45 AM »
Dave,

Have you and Chris come to decision on my offer to provide issues that you are missing?

Tom McClain
Tom I've not talked to Chris in a month.  I'm unaware there ARE any missing issues.  I thought we had it covered.  In any event when I do talk to him I'll ask.  I haven't spent any time trying to study it.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2020, 05:43:08 AM »
Hi Dave, were the binders full of Stunt News that I sent you helpful?

W.W.
Warren now I'm lost.  I don't recall getting any binders from you...did you send them to Chris?  What we used was an ENTIRE collection borrowed from Keith Trostle.........I didn't reach out to any others because I assumed we had it all.  Tom Morris also offered his collection to use.  I asked him instead to try and fill in the AMA museum collection which has very many missing holes.  Now that the museum curator has left I'm not sure where that stands.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline Tom McClain

• Charter Member
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2020, 06:26:32 AM »
Tom I've not talked to Chris in a month.  I'm unaware there ARE any missing issues.  I thought we had it covered.  In any event when I do talk to him I'll ask.  I haven't spent any time trying to study it.

Dave

You are definitely missing the second issue from 2006 and the original issues from Tom Morris's original version of SN_Magazine_MAR_APR_2003.pdf, SN_Magazine_NOV_DEC_2002.pdf, SN_Magazine_NOV_DEC_2005.pdf.  I gave you all of those and more.

Tom McClain
Tom McClain

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2020, 07:16:23 AM »
You are definitely missing the second issue from 2006 and the original issues from Tom Morris's original version of SN_Magazine_MAR_APR_2003.pdf, SN_Magazine_NOV_DEC_2002.pdf, SN_Magazine_NOV_DEC_2005.pdf.  I gave you all of those and more.

Tom McClain
Very well.  We stopped at 2005 since I assumed it was already on the site.  The others I will ask Chris about when I talk to him.  I'm sure he will still have what you sent to work from.  When I scanned these I didn't take any time to read and sort them.  As it was it was three weeks of days off and nights scanning as fast as I could turn pages...  Something could have been missed.
AMA 20934

Offline Tom McClain

• Charter Member
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2020, 11:37:45 AM »
Very well.  We stopped at 2005 since I assumed it was already on the site.  The others I will ask Chris about when I talk to him.  I'm sure he will still have what you sent to work from.  When I scanned these I didn't take any time to read and sort them.  As it was it was three weeks of days off and nights scanning as fast as I could turn pages...  Something could have been missed.

Nothing of what I gave you two needs to be scanned.  All are ready to go in PDF format.  They are from the original work done by Tom Morris and myself.

Tom
Tom McClain

Offline Warren Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2020, 04:50:03 PM »
Warren now I'm lost.  I don't recall getting any binders from you...did you send them to Chris?  What we used was an ENTIRE collection borrowed from Keith Trostle.........I didn't reach out to any others because I assumed we had it all.  Tom Morris also offered his collection to use.  I asked him instead to try and fill in the AMA museum collection which has very many missing holes.  Now that the museum curator has left I'm not sure where that stands.

Dave
I posted and offer that if anyone wanted a complete collection of stunt news starting with Vol 1 I would send it to him.
Shortly after that I was contacted by the person who had taken over for Wynn Paul as Stunt news historian, I thought it
was you but could have been Chris or whoever it was that took over.
Unfortunately it did take me awhile to get it boxed and shipped but I did receive confirmation that it did arrive.
The credit for this collection of stunt history goes to the late Ken Smith, he passed it on to me shortly before he died.

W.W.

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2020, 06:56:31 PM »
Ah now I understand.  David Shorts took over the historian mantle.  It must be he who got your stuff....

Thank You Warren.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2020, 11:21:22 PM »
Well this give the old DOC something to read and remember this coming winter when it is too windy to fly  May have to see if I can find my long johns for the cooler days. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here