News:

• March 29, 2024, 07:09:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stunt Hanger New Window  (Read 809 times)

Offline linheart smith

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Stunt Hanger New Window
« on: September 23, 2006, 10:50:45 AM »
Hey Bob,

Is there any way I can avoid openning up a new Window each time I push the "STUNT FORUM" button?  Also, the stay logged in feature does not keep me logged in.

Linheart
linheart

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Stunt Hanger New Window
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 05:10:17 PM »
Hey Bob,

Is there any way I can avoid openning up a new Window each time I push the "STUNT FORUM" button?  Also, the stay logged in feature does not keep me logged in.

Linheart

Hi Linheart,

1.  New window: I don't know of a way for it NOT to open a new window.  The Stunt Forum is a link from the home page.  I guess you could bookmark the forum page instead of the main page.

2.  Staying logged in requires your computer to accept the cookie from the site.  Your firewall must be blocking it.

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Ironbomb

• AMA Member
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 08:24:03 PM »
I am NOT a computer guy by anymeans, but if I understand you, just save the login page to your favorites, or bookmark,(whatever its called). When you want to vist the site, hit your link, and you will get the login page without the extra window opening up. thats what I do. I guess thats what Bill said.....

good luck

Greg
Beating the crap out of the ground, one airplane at a time

Greg Bossio
AMA 834382

Offline Richard Grogan

• AMA Member 85745 Stunt Hangar
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Stunt Hanger New Window-solution(s)
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 10:56:17 PM »
Lineheart,
Go ahead and login, click the stay login forever box. Then enter.Send the main page as a shortcut to your desktop. If it doesn't launch you to the main page from your new shortcut every time without logging in, you'll have to either disable auto cookie handling On toolbar:Tools/ internet options/privacy/advanced/select overide auto cookie handling/ accept first and third party cookies, ..Or make this site allowed in your firewall block/allow list in your firewall program if the above 2 solutions dont work.Hope this helps..Richard
Long Live the CL Crowd!

AMA 85745

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 04:52:49 AM »
Hey Bob,

Is there any way I can avoid opening up a new Window each time I push the "STUNT FORUM" button?  Also, the stay logged in feature does not keep me logged in.

Linheart

In order to not open a new window ave http://www.stutnhanger.com/smf in your favorites. Follow the procedure on cookies and logging in. Use the log in box at the bottom right hand corner of the log in screen.

The reason for opening a new window is this site is more than just this forum and people need to know that.
AMA 12366

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here