News:

• April 18, 2024, 02:07:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stunt-A-Thon at Chehelis Muni This Weekend...Who Is Going?  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Huh? Who's on the Crazy Train for this weekend? The weather is supposed to be clear and toasty, so bring your ice chests and sunscreen. Maybe we could get an ice cream truck in the afternoon? (051) Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
Re: Stunt-A-Thon at Chehelis Muni This Weekend...Who Is Going?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 12:11:47 AM »
yep
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Alan Resinger

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 06:52:46 AM »
Wish I was.  Getting close.  Should start flying again in about a week to 10 days.
Alan

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 03:03:33 PM »
I'll be there to judge. I'm still a month out or so before I can fly.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 11:46:38 AM »
It was a great weekend weather wise. A bit warm but with a nice, consistent breeze. Shame the turnout was so low, but those of us there had a great time.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2017, 12:06:52 PM »
Wish I was.  Getting close.  Should start flying again in about a week to 10 days.
Alan

You were missed.  Even if you would have caused a chain reaction that would have bumped Mark out of 4th place, leaving him with no points in the competition standings this year.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 12:18:08 PM »
You were missed.  Even if you would have caused a chain reaction that would have bumped Mark out of 4th place, leaving him with no points in the competition standings this year.

Never the less, Alan showed his concern and competitive spirit by phoning in his scores all the way from British Columbia. His flight scores weren't quite on par with Paul and Chris, but way better than Howard's.  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 11:11:02 PM »
like what,, the season is over or something? sheesh, and to think your kinda like a friend and stuff,, lol

For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 11:05:34 AM »
like what,, the season is over or something? sheesh, and to think your kinda like a friend and stuff,, lol

So, if Mike, Howard, Alan, Chris and Paul are all flying, you're going to place 4th or better?
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Russell Shaffer

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 05:26:02 PM »
That is called "confidence", Tim.  I don't personally have any.
Russell Shaffer
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Just North of the California border

Offline Chris Cox

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2017, 07:46:05 PM »
Never the less, Alan showed his concern and competitive spirit by phoning in his scores all the way from British Columbia. His flight scores weren't quite on par with Paul and Chris, but way better than Howard's.  H^^ Steve

For a guy recovering from back surgery, Alan posted a couple of very nice scores.  It is a shame the rules committee decided not to allow appearance points, due to Alan's lack of ... "appearance".

Alan may need to arm wrestle Mike Haverly for the Third Place plaque, as I suspect Mike feels the judges (whoever they were) may have been overly lenient based on Alan's physical state.

%^@

Offline Mike Haverly

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2017, 09:24:46 PM »
Well, I did sandbag a little on my first flight to see what Alan would put up.  About the only way I get to beat any of you guys is when you don't show up, Alan needs to lie a little better.  Hopefully by the time we return from NATS he'll be up and running.
Mike

Offline Alan Resinger

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2017, 03:32:12 PM »
Mike, I plan on starting serious practice in the next week.   Saturday was my first full flight in several months. This is after just a little over two weeks since surgery.  I'm already up to a couple of fairly brisk 25 minute walks a day.  Plan on being at 2, 45 minute walks by the end of next week.   All the leg pain is gone.  The new ship only has a out 35 flights so I still have some trimming to do.  See you next Friday.
Alan

Offline Mike Haverly

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2017, 04:00:37 PM »
Good deal Alan!  You have more flights on your new airplane than I have on mine, and I didn't have surgery!  I'll be up there around 11:00 AM next Fri.  See you then.
Mike

Offline tom brightbill

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2017, 09:07:05 PM »
Mike, I plan on starting serious practice in the next week.   Saturday was my first full flight in several months. This is after just a little over two weeks since surgery.  I'm already up to a couple of fairly brisk 25 minute walks a day.  Plan on being at 2, 45 minute walks by the end of next week.   All the leg pain is gone.  The new ship only has a out 35 flights so I still have some trimming to do.  See you next Friday.
Alan

Alan, I've been trying to impress on you  what that surgery would do for you. I'm honestly happy that it's worked for you like it did for me. Now you can continue giving me more tutorials! Great news my friend.
AMA 34849

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here