News:

• June 19, 2024, 11:51:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Santa got "ramp checked."  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Norm Faith Jr.

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • The physics of flight releases the soul.
Santa got "ramp checked."
« on: December 25, 2011, 12:11:08 AM »
I just heard through the "grape vine," that Santa's transponder and encoder "crapped out" while shooting the approach into Kennedy. He got a special VFR, made the landing and blocked in at the avionics shop. As he was having a hot chocolate in the terminal; waiting for the repair to be completed; to his amazement what does he see? A FAA inspector in the process of the infamous "ramp check." Santa glared through the glass window, watching the agent's every move. The agent soon notice Santa's stare and motioned; to join him on the tarmac. As Santa approached the agent he noticed he was quite young...possibly right out of the FAA school of "the 10,000 possible violations that an aircraft operator can commit." The young agent informed Santa that he had three issues that needed immediate attention. One, the airworthiness certificate was not in plain sight. Two, the lead reindeer's (Rudolph) light was not of the correct candle power. (not bright enough) Three, there was a noticeable nick (damage) to the leading edge of the lead reindeer's right antler. Not being one to argue with the "FEDS," Santa nodded in agreement; smiled and moved a large bag of toys to a different position exposing the document in question, made a quick change to the weight and balance; turned and made his way toward the lead reindeer's position. Clean rag in his left hand and a can of "spray cleaner" in the right; he cleaned the "flight grime" from the illumination device on the lead reindeer, which now shown with "eye squinting" brightness. Not to be out done...the young agent barked..."What about the nick, what are you going to do about that?" With a twinkle in his eye and a finger to the side of his nose; what did appear? An eight inch; shinny round file and a manual of information from which to adhere. With several strokes from his chubby left hand, Santa smoothed and blended the nick with the essences of a "sculpture artiste." (He has an A&P) Santa made a log book entry for the repair and so did the avionics boys, who just re-installed the transponder and encoder. Santa shook the agent's hand wishing him a Merry Christmas and gave him a toy plane from his bag. Santa filed; got clearance and was heard as he flew out of sight, "Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night."

Merry Christmas and worldwide peace.
Norm
Circlepilot   AMA9376

Offline John Stiles

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
  • one shot=one kill
Re: Santa got "ramp checked."
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 01:26:33 AM »
That'll teach him not to mess with old pilots!!  ;D ;D ;D
John Stiles             Tulip, Ar.

Offline Zuriel Armstrong

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 06:56:46 AM »
Norm,

Great story.  I have been scouring the internet and watching "CNN" for more details.  I'll keep an eye out though.

Sounds like he got out in a "Nick" of time.

Merry Christmas,
Zuriel
Zuriel Armstrong
AMA 20932

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 07:51:07 AM »
Guess he cleared KCI okay as the grandkids are digging under the tree already.   Great story.  MERRY CHRISTMAS. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline builditright

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • So happy to be alive!
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 10:16:36 AM »
Norm,

Great story.  I have been scouring the internet and watching "CNN" for more details.  I'll keep an eye out though.

Sounds like he got out in a "Nick" of time.

Merry Christmas,
Zuriel
Zuriel, might want to enjoy the Christmas festivities a little longer instead of watching CNN because Santa has been detained at the TSA scanning booth, the marquee at the bottom of the TV screen said something about TSA authorities using a shoehorn and vaseline... but still needing the jaws of life. updates to follow... I think he's really stuck.  LL~ LL~
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 03:27:52 PM by builditright »
Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 12:59:05 PM »
  Merry Christmas

The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Sean McEntee

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 08:39:28 PM »
Hope he keeps his head on a swivel when he heads into FHU...those darn kids and their UAVs....

Offline Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2011, 12:02:59 PM »
Don't forget about the controller that issued the SVFR clearance got canned. SVFR isn't allowed at JFK. Or it wasn't back in '96.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline Norm Faith Jr.

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • The physics of flight releases the soul.
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 08:38:55 PM »
Don't forget about the controller that issued the SVFR clearance got canned. SVFR isn't allowed at JFK. Or it wasn't back in '96.

Being that it was Santa, he (the controller) cleared it through "OK City." Besides; he was the only one awake.  H^^
Norm
Circlepilot   AMA9376

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2011, 10:56:16 PM »
On his last flight review, Santa noticed the FAA examiner was carrying a shotgun. Santa asked "What on earth is THAT for?" The examiner replied, "I'm not really supposed to tell you this, but you're going to lose one on takeoff."

The FAA motto: "We're not happy until you're not happy."

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here