News:

• April 19, 2024, 04:36:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sticking gap seal.  (Read 608 times)

Offline Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Sticking gap seal.
« on: October 05, 2019, 10:58:10 AM »
The easiest way to get rid of the stickyness is to sprinkle talcum powder along the gap on top of the wing/stab and work it into the gap with a brush.  I used to tap along the gap to jar the powder onto the tape but the brush is faster.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: Sticking gap seal.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 03:24:00 PM »
The easiest way to get rid of the stickyness is to sprinkle talcum powder along the gap on top of the wing/stab and work it into the gap with a brush.  I used to tap along the gap to jar the powder onto the tape but the brush is faster.

Stickyness?

Stickiness caused by what?
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 03:47:09 PM »
The gum on the tape.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 04:38:13 PM »
The gum on the tape.

Exactly what tape? Used for what?
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 05:19:07 PM »
Exactly what tape? Used for what?

The clear tape that we use to seal the gap in control surface hinge lines. We do this to keep air from bleeding through and making the control surface less effective. You do not fly your models, so you wouldn't understand. Hanger Queens don't need it.
   I'll just bet you were ready to jump in with some sage advice concerning masking tape or paint masks and such. n1 n1 n1

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!

Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here