News:

• May 02, 2024, 06:54:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Steve Stevenson Memorial "Raider Roundup"  (Read 818 times)

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Steve Stevenson Memorial "Raider Roundup"
« on: July 27, 2006, 09:44:34 PM »
Just got this in my email from Ron Canaan, (PlaneNut at SSW). Basically, the Seattle Park Department has a contract with us to allow us to have the Roundup on Labor Day Weekend (Sat & Sun) at the old Sand Point NAS, but they are NOW telling us that we can't, with roughly a month to go. We paid the fees, we got the permit, we've made plans, and now they're saying "Nyet"! Too late, we say.  n1

Ron didn't include the email addresses of the miscreants, but I'm sure he'll add them in a followup post. He wants to solicit y'all to email these  f~ azzolz, and tell them that you'll be there, and you're blowing your two weeks vacation and thousand$$$ to attend this contest, that you're going to be flying there that weekend, and they're now on your (deep) sh't list. NUMBERS COUNT! Ask to be informed about their reconsideration of the issue, and ask for updates. Repeat as inclined...every 3 days should be about optimal.

Bye the bye...Ron served in Cambodia and Laos with the "Men in Black". He was a Teamster Union Organizer. He doesn't take kindly to folks with an uncooperative attitude, and knows how to do the arm twisting to good effect. None of the Park Departments around here are doing a darned thing for CL, and it's about time to start something, IMO. Give us a hand, if you don't mind!  Steve

"Gentlemen, last Dec 6, 2005 I filled out and returned the application as required by the Seattle Parks dept. along with a check for $150 for a temporary use permit for Raider Round Up Sept 2 and 3rd, 2006. The check was cashed 30 days later and I assumed that every thing was fine as I have had several phone conversations with Dan Iverson the special event Director for Sand Point (Magnuson Park).

Late yesterday afternoon, Wednesday 7-27-2006, Dan Iverson called me to inform us that our event, Raider Round Up, was canceled because of NOISE complaints. I informed Dan that we have not flown there since last Labor Day. In fact we have held the event there the past 2 years without any complaints at all.

He said he was sorry but there was nothing he could do. However he did give me the name of his supervisor, Charles Ing Parks Director and his desk phone #. I called and left a rather nasty message on this voice mail and asked him to contact me. Well, he didn't, so I called him this morning, and he told me the same song and dance. I then told him that we were going to sue the parks dept. for breach of contract. They signed the permit and sent it to us confirming the dates and event. He then started to back peddle and didn't want to answer any questions. I demanded a letter from them stating who made this discussion and why. I then went on that if something cant be worked out that they have to returns the fees and insurance costs, advertising and etc., and that we would contacting the various news media. I also told him that we have folks coming from Canada and other states and this was a major disruption of their vacation schedules etc.

He then stated that they would reimburse any and all monies that we were out and he would like to have a few days to try and work something out with his boss and would get right back to us.

So this is the game plan guys, I am giving them until Monday morning to get back with me with another date or site. If they don't then we want you guys to call Dan Iverson and Charles Ing at their offices and send them E mails, demanding to know why they canceled our event. Also we are going to ask Steve Helmick to post this on CL Forums, asking the members there to do the same thing.

This is also going to be passed on to PAMPA and the AMA.

I will let you all know as soon as possible if we have to take this step.

Ron Canaan
NW Skyraiders Site Rep"

"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here

There are no comments for this topic. Do you want to be the first?
Tags:

Advertise Here