News:

• May 26, 2024, 11:52:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Latest model aviation magazine  (Read 608 times)

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Latest model aviation magazine
« on: December 02, 2019, 03:02:32 PM »
C/L coverage:
One article - three pages, by John Vlna
One ad - BMJR Models
One photo - Bruce Jennings' Juno

drone coverage:
One article - six pages
One ad - whoop

Us five, them seven.  :'(  :'(
I wonder what that ratio will be in five years.  ???  ???

Bob Z.

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
Re: Latest model aviation magazine
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 04:11:58 PM »
I think AMA will have folded or no magazine just insurance.
Ed
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Dwayne

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 07:30:34 PM »
C/L coverage:
One article - three pages, by John Vlna
One ad - BMJR Models
One photo - Bruce Jennings' Juno

drone coverage:
One article - six pages
One ad - whoop

Us five, them seven.  :'(  :'(
I wonder what that ratio will be in five years.  ???  ???

Bob Z.

If it's anything like it is up here in Canada, zero, drones sold like crazy at first but like any new gizmo fad it's dying, our RC club had a bunch of guys buy drones, there was talk of setting up a racing track and guess what? About the only time anyone fly's a drone now is to find a downed fix wing  and our LHS can't give them away, they are on the discount table now, I hope the same happens for you guys as well, good luck.  y1

Offline Keith Miller

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 08:28:43 PM »
MA goes in cycles - several of the issues have three or four CL articles, usually associated with a contest of some sort.
If you're interested in seeing more CL content, write an article and submit it!

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2019, 05:56:14 PM »
While AMA often forgets about us, it is absolutely true that if we do not write the articles, they will not appear. Our district VP has printed everything our club has submitted, and it is our (MY) fault that we haven't submitted more. We are seeing less building as our club ages, and that generally means less news. Articles are another thing altogether. Only a few of us have the skills to write them, and if we do not have anything of interest to write about, nothing gets written. It is not all AMA's fault. My main problem with them is simply that they do not see FF and CL as equal categories to RC - and of course drones. The three basic disciplines need to be presented as equally important, regardless of the relative amounts of cash they generate. A little more skill and concern could be directed at THAT challenge. We will never again have equal coverage, but in order not to become a self-fulfilling prophecy, we need to be seen with respect by prospective hobbyists. Unfortunately we will never again see the sense of wonder generated by flight that once was prevalent, and the visceral and creative do not compete with electronic games well in the current environment.

Offline Dave Rigotti

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • "Electric...The future of anytime stunt"
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2019, 07:39:13 PM »
Well said my friend!

While AMA often forgets about us, it is absolutely true that if we do not write the articles, they will not appear. Our district VP has printed everything our club has submitted, and it is our (MY) fault that we haven't submitted more. We are seeing less building as our club ages, and that generally means less news. Articles are another thing altogether. Only a few of us have the skills to write them, and if we do not have anything of interest to write about, nothing gets written. It is not all AMA's fault. My main problem with them is simply that they do not see FF and CL as equal categories to RC - and of course drones. The three basic disciplines need to be presented as equally important, regardless of the relative amounts of cash they generate. A little more skill and concern could be directed at THAT challenge. We will never again have equal coverage, but in order not to become a self-fulfilling prophecy, we need to be seen with respect by prospective hobbyists. Unfortunately we will never again see the sense of wonder generated by flight that once was prevalent, and the visceral and creative do not compete with electronic games well in the current environment.
Dave Rigotti
AMA 66859
Chesterland, Ohio

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here