News:

• April 19, 2024, 12:11:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Something different: The "Royal Bug"  (Read 760 times)

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Something different: The "Royal Bug"
« on: June 05, 2021, 07:32:46 PM »
The Bugatti Royale was an incredible display of wealth. Built more like a train than a car, the Royale had a 300 HP/775 cubic inch single overhead cam straight-eight. Designed to be the most luxurious car ever, even royalty struggled to cough up the asking price for the Bugatti and of the six built, only three (or four) were sold. The car was 21 feet long and weighed around 7,000 pounds.

I have seen three of these cars and they are truly magnificent. The attached photo gives an idea of the size.

Bob Z.

Offline Steve Berry

• Captain
Re: Something different: The "Royal Bug"
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 07:36:22 PM »
Reminds me of this..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Online GallopingGhostler

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2021, 11:11:10 PM »
The Bugatti Royale was an incredible display of wealth. Built more like a train than a car, the Royale had a 300 HP/775 cubic inch single overhead cam straight-eight. Designed to be the most luxurious car ever, even royalty struggled to cough up the asking price for the Bugatti and of the six built, only three (or four) were sold. The car was 21 feet long and weighed around 7,000 pounds. I have seen three of these cars and they are truly magnificent. The attached photo gives an idea of the size.

It is a very nice looking car, very impressive even by today's standards. I like the very large wheels, certainly only for those who can burn money to own.

During the depth of Covid I was interested in getting a Mercedes Metris 8 passenger van, then they were going late model used for about the same price as the other minivans. In reality it is a commercial vehicle versus a luxury van, but I like minimalism, test drove one and loved the ride. However, recent vandalism of luxury vehicles nixed that, settled on a low mileage late Dodge Grand Caravan GT with electric doors, heated seats & steering wheel, stow-n-go seats, roof rack, leather interior, navigation. It doesn't look high key, but is reasonably comfortable on longer trips plus has a decent sound system.

But then, I guess we all can dream.  ~> D>K

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2021, 02:02:24 AM »
But barely big enough to haul your piped .61 Heavy Stunt to the field....

The Divot

Offline Steve Lotz

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2021, 04:44:14 AM »
I see they used Pee Wee Herman to exaggerate the size of the car.

Online GallopingGhostler

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2021, 09:32:58 AM »
But barely big enough to haul your piped .61 Heavy Stunt to the field.... The Divot

Back in the late 1970's, I hauled my OS Max .10R/C (1964 model) powered 39" W/S Top Flite Schoolmaster with Ace Pulse Commander guided single channel rudder only with auxiliary throttle from Manoa, Honolulu through the Kolekole (Pali) Pass to a public R/C field before Kaneohe strapped to my 1971 Honda CB100 motorcycle package rack, while a student at Pineapple U.

Today, I could haul your piped .61 Heavy Stunt to the field strapped to the top of my motorcycle trailer towed by my 2001 Kawasaki ZG1200 Voyager XII tourer.

Doesn't take much.  S?P VD~ LL~ D>K H^^

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here