News:

• April 19, 2024, 12:28:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Some people I would like to add to the HoF  (Read 1731 times)

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
Some people I would like to add to the HoF
« on: September 29, 2006, 05:47:58 PM »
There are a few I would like to add to the Hall of Fame but I can find no BIO's on them.

Here are a few and if you have info please foreword it to me.

• Billy Werwage
  • Randy Smith
  • Tom Warden
  • Bill Noyes
  • Keith Trostile
  • Berny Ash
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 07:55:19 AM by Robert Storick »
AMA 12366

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Some people I would like to add to the HoF
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 09:56:58 PM »
Sparky,

I'm with you 2 out of 5, at least.

BillyWerwage, f'r sure.

Keith Trostle, absolutely!

Randy Smith, most likely, but he hasn't had the several decades of contribution, yet, that Billy and Keith have.

Bill Noyes is a bit too local, California, to sell to the rest of the country just yet. Qualified in what he is and does, sure, but the regionalism hurts. Moreso when some of us feel an East v. West thing.

Bernie Ash may have been a local hero and guru, but most of us only know him from the Airon and Supersonic. And, the Airon only appeared in the half-page sketch that is repeated in the current SN.

PAMPA has a procedure for nominating/suggesting HoF choices. You make a good start on showing a groundswell for nice prospects!

\BEST\LOU

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 05:11:57 AM »
Lou I am not sure what you are getting at. These are my choices I would like to see if I can find some copy on them. I am not sure what that PAMPA statement had to do with anything as this is not a PAMPA site.
AMA 12366

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 10:04:46 AM »
Sparky,

I'm with you 2 out of 5, at least.

BillyWerwage, f'r sure.

Keith Trostle, absolutely!

Randy Smith, most likely, but he hasn't had the several decades of contribution, yet, that Billy and Keith have.

Bill Noyes is a bit too local, California, to sell to the rest of the country just yet. Qualified in what he is and does, sure, but the regionalism hurts. Moreso when some of us feel an East v. West thing.

Bernie Ash may have been a local hero and guru, but most of us only know him from the Airon and Supersonic. And, the Airon only appeared in the half-page sketch that is repeated in the current SN.

PAMPA has a procedure for nominating/suggesting HoF choices. You make a good start on showing a groundswell for nice prospects!

Hi Lou,

These are for the Stunt Hanger HOF., not PAMPA or AMA. Our *guidelines* are purely subjective in our inclusion of members.  y1

Billy was to be the *first* member of our HOF, but we cannot find an online Biography to cut and paste!

Any help tere would be greatly appreciated.  ;D

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Jim Pollock

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 09:01:47 PM »
Robert & Bill,

Y'all already know who I would like to add but apparently there isn't much information online about our stunt hero's.  Check with Wynn Paul in Lexington if they ever get unflooded there.  Oh yeah, I forgot - he's a swimming coach, a little water doesn't bother him!  Does it?  n~ ~^

Jim Pollock  ::), And whomever is hitting the smite button - you can quit anytime!

Offline Richard Grogan

• AMA Member 85745 Stunt Hangar
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 10:57:46 PM »
I'd like to nominate Don Still, but I dont have bio on him either. I dont think he does internet, might have to drive over to Beaumont and get one(bio) from him!!
Long Live the CL Crowd!

AMA 85745

Offline L0U CRANE

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 11:01:27 PM »
OK, Sparky and Bear...

Much chastened - and probably smitten in the smite box.

I look in here, as in several other sites, when mood strikes me. Mention of HoF, to an occasional participant, sounds like using the existing such Pantheon in that other organization.

I hadn't realized that was excluded here. ...And I kind of regret that.

Doesn't bother me, particularly, though. Where good people work at flying stunt, and making it better for all - new to old - is where I like to hang out. ...If only occasionally.

Apologies for my gaffe, if that is what it was.

\BEST\LOU

Offline tgsnj

• New Pilot
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 11:30:43 PM »
Robert

I would like to reccomend Matt Kania"s name for consideration. I know as a designer his ringmaster was not the  greatest. But I can think of no other plane that has been around so long and is as well known to uc folks. I can not think of any other plane with so many variations. A ringmaster and a McCoy RH got me hooked in this hobby 50 years ago. I always wondered if this was the case for other guys.

Best Regards
        Tom
Thomas Stewart

Offline Allen Brickhaus

• ACE
  • Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 06:10:16 AM »
Friends,

The Bernie Ash Airon is being worked on for a full publication in Flying Models.  I have spent an evening with Jack and Shirley Sheeks and interviewed Jack about Bernie and his models.  The Airon is being built now and hopefully we can get static and flying shots done by  spring of 2007 with it being turned in to Flying Models a bit later than the photo session.

Allen Brickhaus

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 06:31:18 AM »
OK, Sparky and Bear...

Much chastened - and probably smitten in the smite box.

I look in here, as in several other sites, when mood strikes me. Mention of HoF, to an occasional participant, sounds like using the existing such Pantheon in that other organization.

I hadn't realized that was excluded here. ...And I kind of regret that.

Doesn't bother me, particularly, though. Where good people work at flying stunt, and making it better for all - new to old - is where I like to hang out. ...If only occasionally.

Apologies for my gaffe, if that is what it was.

HI Lou,

No appologies necessary!  It was an honest assumption.  We are not "throwing out" the AMA or PAMPA HOFs, Robert just wanted to add a section appluading the greats that he considers approproate here on his board.

No misconsideration is given to the "Formal HOFs" out there!

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 07:53:15 AM »
Lou you did not offend me so no need to apologize. The bad thing about this computer stuff is there is no inference of emotion anywhere in typed words. So what ever is typed is black and white and sounds final, this is just not the case.

As far as the Smiter goes I do not smite anyone if fact I spend some time searching to see who is doing it when it gets excessive. The Stunt Hangar was designed to have the same tone as the flying field where we can all congregate share our thoughts and ideas without the INTERNET thugs trying to bully anyone. There has been on occasion, things I do not agree with but I do not post my thoughts as gospel on these matters as this is OUR board to run as WE see fit. The HOF was my idea and I run that how I see fit. This is why no one can post there that way I do not have to answer to any disagreements people might have on MY choices of induction.

Anyone can nominate anyone to the SH HOF but it is ultimately my decision on who gets in.

This message in no way was meant to be of a bad tone. So please take it in the tone it was meant to be as informative only.

**) Maybe some day when someone else is running this board I will make it.  f~
« Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 09:34:54 AM by Robert Storick »
AMA 12366

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 09:48:41 AM »
Now Robert, who do we have that can do as great a job as you have done on this board/forum?  Anybody that has done anything for control line deserves to be a HOF'r.  I have been very fortunate to get to meet some of the greats.  It does not matter if it was c/l, ff or rc.  Some of the greats in rc started out in FF and CL.  Keep up the good work.   DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here