News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:24:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Response time  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Response time
« on: June 11, 2021, 06:15:41 PM »
Hi guys I would like some opinions please.

I have an item for sale. I was contacted by a new member and I sent him a PM and left a message on the post. He has not responded.

5 full days have passed with no response. I have another member offering to buy the engine. What is the fair thing to do?

Thanks
Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Online Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Response time
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2021, 07:06:23 PM »
If it were me, I'd sell it to the interested party. The guy that didn't isn't that interested IMO.

And if you wait for him you might lose a sale.

Good luck, Jerry

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 08:18:41 PM »
Thank you. That will do me!
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2021, 09:15:53 PM »
Craig,

I've always been a "first dibs," kind of guy. Think about this,

You've got an item for sale, not for action, and you have it priced. You have it priced.

Someone says "I'll take it," so why not sell it to the first person who responds? Sell it to the first person who responds.

Anything but this is IMHO is a demonstration of a person with a flawed character.

There's plenty of them.
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 09:21:22 PM »
To be clear, I was asked if the item was still for sale. This I replied to but have had no response since.

I was sent an email by another member saying they would buy it if the other party declined.

My question was how long is a fair amount of time? Which you did not respond to. Or, are you suggesting I should wait a month, 2 months, a year? Again what is fair?

Thank you for the character judgement.

Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 10:01:58 PM »
To be clear, I was asked if the item was still for sale. This I replied to but have had no response since.

I was sent an email by another member saying they would buy it if the other party declined.

My question was how long is a fair amount of time? Which you did not respond to. Or, are you suggesting I should wait a month, 2 months, a year? Again what is fair?

Thank you for the character judgement.

Craig

Well the first party didn't claim it, just asked it it was still for sale. The second party actually claimed it first. And since there has been no answer to your messages, that tells the tale there, he's not interested or can't complete the sale. I say party #2 gets first refusal.

Type at you later,
     Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 11:05:45 PM »
   Well the first party didn't claim it, just asked it it was still for sale. The second party actually claimed it first. And since there has been no answer to your messages, that tells the tale there, he's not interested or can't complete the sale. I say party #2 gets first refusal.

Type at you later,
     Dan McEntee

y1

I will wait for someone who specifically states they want to buy it, and I will wait up to 24 hours once I've sent total and payment details.  But 5 days is just someone kicking tires ...

Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2021, 09:05:35 PM »
If you sent the first person a PM per this forum and have not got a response I would saylet it go to the person that wants the engine.  At least this forum lets me know when I have a message from someone I sent a message to. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2021, 02:25:12 PM »
Sell it to guy #2, because guy #1 is a flake.   VD~ Steve

"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2021, 06:36:05 AM »
Craig,as they say....money talks and bullshit walks.

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2021, 02:59:53 PM »
Thank you for all the input.

To update. Guy number 1 I have still not heard from.

I think he may have been surfing the net looking for a VF and found mine joined Stunthanger, placed his question and never returned??

It seems guy number 2 has gotten cold feet. He said he was going to pay on the weekend but that didn't happen. So, I guess I will put it in the Impact after all.

Thanks once again.

Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here