News:

• April 23, 2024, 08:56:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sig selling?  (Read 8912 times)

Offline Rick Bollinger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
  • AMA 931589
Sig selling?
« on: December 27, 2022, 02:08:44 AM »
I know that there has been rumors for years but I just ran upon this on FB. https://www.facebook.com/aerealtyinc/posts/pfbid0JU78R7gJHoqEeHZ3trjS24erkiBMib2Dz7S5KjMmiUxyAHa65hcJG7frRiBPxijLl
I hope it's a fake.
Rick Bollinger
AMA 931589

Online Dave Rigotti

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • "Electric...The future of anytime stunt"
Re: Sig selling?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 06:23:23 AM »
Wow!  Certainly looks legit.  I noticed a lot of empty space and very little inventory.........
Dave Rigotti
AMA 66859
Chesterland, Ohio

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 07:04:39 AM »
Unfortunately most manufacturing plants cannot  compete with china.

Offline Bruce Shipp

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 08:00:35 AM »

Online Carl Cisneros

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2022, 09:51:37 AM »
really looks like they are serious
Carl R Cisneros, Dist IV
Control Line RB

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2022, 10:40:20 AM »
Well all things must come to an end.  I was fortunate to get a tour of factory in/during yje good years.  It is sad. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Tony Drago

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2022, 10:50:40 AM »
 At $550,000.00. Seems like a steal.

Description of 401 S Front Street Montezuma, IA 50171
Well established multi-building manufacturing facility is located in central Iowa just 60 mins from Des Moines, Iowa City, and Ottumwa just 8 minutes south of Interstate 80. This highly visible commercial property located on Hwy 63 (million plus vehicles yearly) sits on almost two acres - two full city blocks. Nearly 32,000 sq ft of conditioned manufacturing/storage space and 6,000 sq ft office space. In addition is a fully functional 1,700+ sq ft machine shop. There is also 9,000 sq ft of cold storage space including a loading dock and two other loading doors on south and east sides. Five bathrooms scattered throughout the facility. Established business opportunities possibly available - inquire with your agent. This property could also be combined with 501 S Front St and/or 503 S 2nd St in Montezuma.

MLS #665300
401 S Front Street
Montezuma, IA 50171 MLS #665300
Acres
SqFt
$550,000
Est. P&I payment: $2,362/mo
Commercial Sale
PRI

Offline Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • Balsa Beavers Toronto Canada
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2022, 11:36:12 AM »
From their facebook admin: It does look like they are downsizing but what that means I don't know , there will be a new website they are discontinuing some things, (I hope I get my dope) they did just receive a new shipment of arfs, time will tell.:  So it looks for now they are still in business hope they survive. 
My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline Colin McRae

• Captain
  • Are we having fun yet??
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2022, 12:01:21 PM »
I have been waiting 5 months for 2 quarts of fuel I already paid for.

Teodorico Terry

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2022, 12:04:28 PM »
I sure hope that they keep going.  Over the years I had built a Chipmunk, Smith Mini Plane, 2 Somethin Extra's, 4*20 (as a parkflyer) and a LT-25.  All of them nice planes.  The Smith Mini Plane is truly an old school kit with printed wood; only the ribs are die-cut. On the R/C side of things they have not really had anything new for a long time, the 4*20 was their last true "new" kit.  I also believe that they have always lacked a true sport plane; something with a symmetrical airfoil and reasonably proportioned (the Somethin Extra is not it) to take the R/C pilot from the 4* family into the next level.  On the C/L side of things I wished they kept making the Magnum. Brodak continues to introduce new kits every once in a while (believe the Mo-Best is the latest) but it seems to me that they have also revisited most of their kits and made them laser-cut which also makes them easier to build.  I will always wonder if they had invested a little more on the product line along the way things would be different now.  Hard to tell, those of us who like to build represent a tiny fraction of the hobby; those of us who fly C/L are even rarer.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 12:29:00 PM by Teodorico Terry »

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2022, 01:31:26 PM »
  I think the buildings and grounds have been for sale for quite a while, just maybe moved to a new agency and a fresh ad. More of a business move than anything else. They do not need all the space. Maybe sell off the property and lease back what they actually need. I have had a bunch of rides back and forth from the field to the factory in that red Chevy van! I wouldn't mind having that as a useful keepsake! Becky has posted recently on facebook asking local friends for  old newspapers and such to use for packing, so they are still shipping stuff.
  Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Rick Bollinger

• Commander
  • AMA 931589
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2022, 05:17:42 PM »
I could definitely see them getting rid of some buildings. Brodak has a lot less square footage. It would be nice if Sig would allow someone like Brodak take over their C/L kits and laser cut and sell them under Sig name and just pay a royalty fee per kit.
Rick Bollinger
AMA 931589

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2022, 09:18:23 AM »
   I think the building has been for sale for a long time, but just not much interest in it in that part of the country. If you have never been to Montezuma, it is a nice little farm town but out in the middle of no where. The building is right on state highway 63 but that alone doesn't make it a "great " location. The other big business in town is a company called Brownell's and is more or less across Hwy 63 from the SIG property. If you are into guns, hunting and the like, you might be familiar with the name. In the time that I have been going to Montezuma for SIG events and such, it has grown to about double it's original size, and it right at it's property lines with the surrounding neighbors. They would be the only local people that I would think would be interested in the SIG property, but I doubt that they would take on the debt to buy the property, demolish the buildings and build new facilities that would suit their purposes just to move across the street. I think the price would have to come way down to a point where it's possible to buy it, raze the buildings and start over. The age of most of those building is liability I think. It is a shame, as that really is kind of a historic landmark as far as model aviation goes. Glenn and Hazel started cutting wood in their basement, then moved to this building and built up one of the best kit manufactures and supply houses of the golden age of model aviation from literally nothing. That would be hard to duplicate in today's world.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Offline Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • Balsa Beavers Toronto Canada
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2022, 10:06:56 AM »
I ordered some dope through my LHS and contacted them to see if they had any info, they just told me SIG is moving to Chicago and will discontinue their dope and maybe will still sell kits but they are not sure.
My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2022, 11:41:08 AM »
I would note that $550,000 is not a bad price for a house here in the Seattle area. Is there room for a flying circle, if one or two buildings are bulldozed? The "million vehicles per year" on the highway is a put-off, though.  D>K Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline dave siegler

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • sport flier
    • Circlemasters Flying club
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2022, 12:23:36 PM »
it looks like they are breaking it up in three parcels

don't be so quick to shut them down. 

I worked for a place to 28 years that kept selling the building and then buying it back depending on cashflow or tax situation. 

https://www.iowarealty.com/homes/for-sale/city-montezuma/dsort-n/1

IDK just because the building is for sale that does not mean the company is. 
1) they could be moving into less expensive or smaller space
2) could be moving to someplace closer to shipping hubs
3) Could be testing the waters if someone will buy it. 

Dave Siegler
NE9N extra class
AMA 720731
EAA 1231299 UAS Certificate Number FA39HY9ML7  Member of the Milwaukee Circlemasters. A Gold Leader Club for over 25 years!  http://www.circlemasters.com/

Online doug coursey

• Commander
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2022, 08:10:50 PM »
I ordered a bunch of balsa from them and got my tracking number today   Becky has always been very helpful when i email her and she replys pretty  fast..
AMA 21449

Online fred cesquim

• Captain
    • Fred Cesquim Aeromodelos
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2022, 06:58:03 AM »
internet and theories walks closely

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2022, 09:28:54 AM »
internet and theories walks closely

Just saw this on my facebook feed as well.

Mike

Offline Tony Drago

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2022, 10:39:40 AM »
 Makes sense if true. Now it is just wait and see.
I wonder where the new plant will be.

Online Dave Rigotti

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2022, 11:50:56 AM »
The old Carl Goldberg building?

Makes sense if true. Now it is just wait and see.
I wonder where the new plant will be.
Dave Rigotti
AMA 66859
Chesterland, Ohio

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2022, 12:45:44 PM »

That would be outstanding!
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Bruce Shipp

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2022, 08:21:48 AM »

I’m not sure this would qualify as a “more modern facility”  ;)

Online doug coursey

• Commander
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2023, 05:42:47 PM »
recieved my balsa order today...had everything i needed
AMA 21449

Online Will Hinton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • www.authorwillhinton.com
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2023, 06:50:43 PM »
Read the latest Model Aviation article about Hazel turning 100, it tells of Rizzo moving forward with Sig products.
John 5:24   www.fcmodelers.com

Online Dave Rigotti

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2023, 10:22:56 AM »
Becky at SIG had the following reply to some items I just ordered:

"It is going to be awhile on the fuel, castor oil, and the pure magic."

Wood, fuel line, and some hardware were ready to ship the next day.

Dave Rigotti
AMA 66859
Chesterland, Ohio

Online Dave Rigotti

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2023, 09:18:22 AM »
I've been trying to get a refund from SIG for a month.  It seems that when you place an online order your credit card is charged for ALL items ordered plus the shipping charge.  Now here is where the fun begins.....Any items that are out of stock and you cancel them never get removed from the charges.  You get a "store" credit instead.  Well I have a $141 credit. THIS is what I've been trying to get refunded for this past month.  Several calls ALWAYS had the person in accounting out of the office at the moment. Lunch, hair cut (no not kidding), etc.  SO......Not thinking anyone is about to get me a refund....I called in an order on Wednesday the 25th of this January for stuff that was in stock and told them to use my "store" credit (order was around $136USD). Fine I was told. The order will ship on Monday the 30th.  I called them Monday afternoon to see how it was going and I was told they are very behind and maybe it will ship later in the week. Hmmmm... I have NOT received an order confirmation as of this writing, let alone a shipping notification nor a refund.
This is just an FYI on my latest experience with SIG.  Seems they are taking orders but not in a hurry to ship them.  I'd be VERY cautious about sending them any funds at this time.  I wonder if anybody has RECEIVED an order from them this past week or gotten notice it has shipped?
Dave Rigotti
AMA 66859
Chesterland, Ohio

Offline George Grossardt

• Commander
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2023, 09:28:39 AM »
I've been trying to get a refund from SIG for a month.  It seems that when you place an online order your credit card is charged for ALL items ordered plus the shipping charge.  Now here is where the fun begins.....Any items that are out of stock and you cancel them never get removed from the charges.  You get a "store" credit instead.  Well I have a $141 credit. THIS is what I've been trying to get refunded for this past month.  Several calls ALWAYS had the person in accounting out of the office at the moment. Lunch, hair cut (no not kidding), etc.  SO......Not thinking anyone is about to get me a refund....I called in an order on Wednesday the 25th of this January for stuff that was in stock and told them to use my "store" credit (order was around $136USD). Fine I was told. The order will ship on Monday the 30th.  I called them Monday afternoon to see how it was going and I was told they are very behind and maybe it will ship later in the week. Hmmmm... I have NOT received an order confirmation as of this writing, let alone a shipping notification nor a refund.
This is just an FYI on my latest experience with SIG.  Seems they are taking orders but not in a hurry to ship them.  I'd be VERY cautious about sending them any funds at this time.  I wonder if anybody has RECEIVED an order from them this past week or gotten notice it has shipped?

So as I read these types of problems in these posts (Sig, Okieair, RSM) one has to wonder where to get supplies.  Brodak seems to be an option but other than that, seems like it’s the same old bad story across many vendors. 

Perhaps we could get a list of places that is on their game having what we need and good service.

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2023, 09:53:51 AM »
It seems that when you place an online order your credit card is charged for ALL items ordered plus the shipping charge.  Now here is where the fun begins.....Any items that are out of stock and you cancel them never get removed from the charges.  You get a "store" credit instead.  Well I have a $141 credit. THIS is what I've been trying to get refunded for this past month.  Several calls ALWAYS had the person in accounting out of the office at the moment. Lunch, hair cut (no not kidding), etc.  SO......Not thinking anyone is about to get me a refund....I called in an order on Wednesday the 25th of this January for stuff that was in stock and told them to use my "store" credit (order was around $136USD). Fine I was told. The order will ship on Monday the 30th.  I called them Monday afternoon to see how it was going and I was told they are very behind and maybe it will ship later in the week. Hmmmm... I have NOT received an order confirmation as of this writing, let alone a shipping notification nor a refund.

I am sorry it has come to this, but call your bank and do a charge-back, let them argue with VISA.

Brett
« Last Edit: January 31, 2023, 05:03:14 PM by Brett Buck »

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2023, 03:35:23 PM »
I just received part of a SIG order.
1/4"  x 4" x 36" balsa.
I'd call it medium to medium heavy which is fine for me.
What took me by surprise was the VARIOUS WIDTHS that showed up..some were 3 7/8" wide, 3 15/16" wide, some were 4" wide on the money.
I just took a look at the order form and that's the way it was listed...VARIOUS WIDTHS.
I've never seen balsa sold this way..but at least SIG was being honest. When I originally saw the wood listed this way [while browsing the catalog]..I thought it was a typo.
BTW...each piece cost close to $8

Offline Colin McRae

• Captain
  • Are we having fun yet??
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2023, 04:52:09 PM »
Becky at SIG had the following reply to some items I just ordered:

"It is going to be awhile on the fuel, castor oil, and the pure magic."

Wood, fuel line, and some hardware were ready to ship the next day.

I have been waiting on a fuel order for 6 months now (small one, just 2 quarts). That is ridiculous. Other vendors have fuel to sell. There is something deeper happening where SIG is concerned. My 'guess' is that they can't pay their bills and their vendors are not willing to work w/ them until they do! They are also 'out of stock' on tons of items and have been for a long time.

Just my 2 cents.

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2023, 09:07:52 AM »
I, like everyone else, do not have a crystal ball but I think what we are seeing is the slow demise of a once really good company.  The control line portion of SIG is dying and does not appear it will be revived.  I sincerely hope I am wrong but this is how it appears.

Mike

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2023, 12:21:43 PM »
I, like everyone else, do not have a crystal ball but I think what we are seeing is the slow demise of a once really good company.

Mike

I respectfully disagree with slow demise.  It appears the new owners bought a small company living in a giant facility.  Part of making a go of it is to recoup some capital by selling the oversize facility, and maybe excess machinery, and then buy a smaller place.  Go to the facebook post and look at the 40 photos!  It’s a great factory tour with plans on the wall and decorations made from leftover checkerboard trim.  It brought back a lot of memories of visiting my dad at work in places that look just like SIG.  Wood paneling, white linoleum 12”x12”’s on the floor, or concrete where the linoleum wasn’t needed or has been removed, wooden ceilings with rows and rows of fluorescent lights, machine shops with everything painted a similar color.

The Realtor had this to say about SIG, not about the property:

“SIG Manufacturing is not for sale nor is it closing its doors. The company is reorganizing and relocating to a different facility.  There are some parts of the business that could be for sale such as the non RC model kits, the wood production, and paint and fuel division. If you would like more detail please message us or email andy@aerealtyinc.com”

So if “non RC model kits” means Control Line, then “could be for sale” might mean the new owners are also looking to divest the CL designs and kits, which is not a “slow demise”, it’s a quick end and it has already happened, we just haven’t been notified yet.  Does anyone have any interest in buying the CL part of the business?  Anyone?  Bueller?

SIG did a pretty great job producing CL kits for a LOT of years.  But it was helpful that they piggybacked on the RC production which was probably much larger.  Anyone attempting to produce the line of Control Line kits and ONLY the CL kits won’t be piggybacking.  You can’t buy a shipping container of balsa, sort it by weight, and shift the heavy balsa over to the RC line if you DON’T HAVE an RC line, right?  Similarly you can’t just throw away the heavy stuff, doubling or tripling the cost of the light stuff, or risk being able to sell it to someone else.  Who wants heavy balsa?  The term heavy balsa is an oxymoron like “Heavy Lightweight Wood” (jumbo shrimp, clearly misunderstood, deafening silence).

The way balsa prices are going, and also the pricing on kits by Brodak, I don’t think anyone will ever be successful again with a line of CL kits.  Maybe someone will gather up the designs and sell laser cut short kits, but even that is iffy.

If I lived near that facility I’d probably beg borrow or steal a key, and volunteer to help with current shipping, production, move & transition…. If enough people did that, the new owners would be a little closer to NOT losing their reputation and customer base and failing epically.

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2023, 01:04:07 PM »
There is little difference between an RC kit and a CL kit except for the balsa weight.  I think it would be a mistake to fully kill the line.  Certainly planes like the Twister and Banshee could still be produced.  At a minimum they could license the designs to another kit mfg.  I do however think that the day of the kit may be close to over but not today, not yet.

Is anybody that is in touch with the new owners making any effort to convince them?
R%%%% If they base their decisions simply on sales instead of demand then it is easy to assume there is no market when you are out of stock and just look at sales.  Nobody ever seems to try and measure demand.  At least when you went into your LHS and asked for something that they were out of a person knew there was a missed sale.  When you go on a website, and it says "backordered" or "out of stock" under an item does the owner there know they missed a sale?  Sometimes I would like to take some of these system programmers our behind Biden's barn.    When I go to some stores and ask when something is coming in and they tell me it is not on the order for this week because we didn't sell any last week I want to hit somebody. R%%%%

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2023, 01:15:32 PM »
I respectfully disagree with slow demise.  It appears the new owners bought a small company living in a giant facility.  Part of making a go of it is to recoup some capital by selling the oversize facility, and maybe excess machinery, and then buy a smaller place.  Go to the facebook post and look at the 40 photos!  It’s a great factory tour with plans on the wall and decorations made from leftover checkerboard trim.  It brought back a lot of memories of visiting my dad at work in places that look just like SIG.  Wood paneling, white linoleum 12”x12”’s on the floor, or concrete where the linoleum wasn’t needed or has been removed, wooden ceilings with rows and rows of fluorescent lights, machine shops with everything painted a similar color.

The Realtor had this to say about SIG, not about the property:

“SIG Manufacturing is not for sale nor is it closing its doors. The company is reorganizing and relocating to a different facility.  There are some parts of the business that could be for sale such as the non RC model kits, the wood production, and paint and fuel division. If you would like more detail please message us or email andy@aerealtyinc.com”

So if “non RC model kits” means Control Line, then “could be for sale” might mean the new owners are also looking to divest the CL designs and kits, which is not a “slow demise”, it’s a quick end and it has already happened, we just haven’t been notified yet.  Does anyone have any interest in buying the CL part of the business?  Anyone?  Bueller?

SIG did a pretty great job producing CL kits for a LOT of years.  But it was helpful that they piggybacked on the RC production which was probably much larger.  Anyone attempting to produce the line of Control Line kits and ONLY the CL kits won’t be piggybacking.  You can’t buy a shipping container of balsa, sort it by weight, and shift the heavy balsa over to the RC line if you DON’T HAVE an RC line, right?  Similarly you can’t just throw away the heavy stuff, doubling or tripling the cost of the light stuff, or risk being able to sell it to someone else.  Who wants heavy balsa?  The term heavy balsa is an oxymoron like “Heavy Lightweight Wood” (jumbo shrimp, clearly misunderstood, deafening silence).

The way balsa prices are going, and also the pricing on kits by Brodak, I don’t think anyone will ever be successful again with a line of CL kits.  Maybe someone will gather up the designs and sell laser cut short kits, but even that is iffy.

If I lived near that facility I’d probably beg borrow or steal a key, and volunteer to help with current shipping, production, move & transition…. If enough people did that, the new owners would be a little closer to NOT losing their reputation and customer base and failing epically.

Well, I guess time will tell Paul. 

Mike

Offline GallopingGhostler

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2023, 11:32:22 PM »
Found this reply in:

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/11607413-old-timers-look-here-must-50-years-only-279.html#post12760646

Quote from: FlyerInOKC as of Today, 08:00 AM
I just got a newsletter from Old School Models, here is what I read:

Secondly, our supply of CA hinges has dried up and it’s taken a bit of time a negotiation to find a substitute. I’ve found another supplier that I hope will be a good replacement.

But the biggest problem has been the loss of Sig Mfg. There's a lot of rumors going around as to what's going on with them - well I can tell you that as of 1/31, they have ceased all manufacturing and what's left will be an importer of ARF kits, moving somewhere up in the Chicago area. That's a shame, as there's a massive history and knowledge base that's apparently going to be lost. As you may or may not know, I purchase a good deal of items from Sig which are included in our own kits. Some wood, landing gear (music) wire, nose gear assemblies, etc. Their shutdown has sent me scrambling to find other suppliers. I'm well on the way to solving some of these, but let's just say it's taking ALL of my free time to make sure things are still shipping on time.

Mike

News doesn't sound positive.  D>K

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2023, 08:18:26 AM »
Found this reply in:

https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/clubhouse-190/11607413-old-timers-look-here-must-50-years-only-279.html#post12760646

News doesn't sound positive.  D>K

This is pretty much what has been going around for a while, so not too much new. If some one needed or wanted any machinery or equipment for making their own kit parts, I would think that this would be a good opportunity to buy some. SIG pretty much did everything in house, from forming wire parts, to injection molding, vacuum forming canopies and other plastic parts, and cutting wood. Glenn made or modified machinery to do all their glue tube and paint jar filling. There may be some bargains there to be had.
     If there was ever anything that could be called "The end of an era", this is it, I think.
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824

Online Dave Rigotti

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2023, 05:53:09 PM »
Update on my SIG dealings.
I called again on Tuesday and was told again it will ship on Wednesday.  As of this writing I've not rec'd an invoice nor notice of shipping let alone a tracking number.  I called SIG today and it goes to voice mail stating they are now moving and to send an email.  BTW... I've only spoke with a female named Karen.

I sent a email today about this. I'm having doubts SIG is interested in getting me my refund OR shipping my order against the credit due.

Maybe ordering from Okie Air ain't that bad?

Dave Rigotti
AMA 66859
Chesterland, Ohio

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2023, 07:22:11 PM »
I would be-ware.  If SIG is doing what I think they are doing, they are selling the assets for pennies on the dollar and the inventory to the new company but not folding SIG which will be a shell with nothing but the debt.  Then they bankrupt it.  WE are the debt.  Don't send them any more money.

Ken 
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Online Walter Johnson

• Ensign
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2023, 09:53:15 AM »
    Over on RC Groups it has been verified that as of 2/1/2023 all business has been stopped and the new location will only be dealing with RC ARFs if that even happens. Walter
Take a spin.....You might like it.

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2023, 10:17:10 AM »
As of this morning they processed a small order for me.  It likely depends on whether they have it in stock ready to ship.  They apparently will not be making more stuff.  I think most things they sold can be replaced elsewhere......except Sigment......what to do......

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Online Dave Rigotti

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2023, 10:35:05 AM »
Dave,
When did you place this order?

As of this morning they processed a small order for me.  It likely depends on whether they have it in stock ready to ship.  They apparently will not be making more stuff.  I think most things they sold can be replaced elsewhere......except Sigment......what to do......

Dave
Dave Rigotti
AMA 66859
Chesterland, Ohio

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2023, 10:55:53 AM »
Dave on the 31st. I believe-then called them on the 1st to add something.  Another item they simply didn't have so I just dropped it off the order.  This was just some balsa sticks, motor mount stock and a couple canopies.  When I talked to Karen she said they were shutting down next day.  AFTER that Neva sent me the invoice for my stuff-and took most of it off a running balance owed me from a cancelled order for something long ago...don't remember when or for what.  Well I confused that with something else-I looked at the invoice and says I originally placed the order on 1/16.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2023, 11:45:43 AM »
Well this can't be any worse than when Flying Models shut down with no warning and no refunds of renewal subscriptions.  I had just renewed for two years. D>K

By the way my local hobby shop I go to when I can said some one came in and bought all of the SIG dope and associated stuff.  There was a couple of sheets of balsa I could use and purchased.  If I under stood the guy right no more SIG products will be in the store.. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2023, 01:11:37 PM »
John they have been sparse on a lot of stuff,  especially since they re-opened after the pandemic.  Looks like they are stocking heavy on RC cars.  Guess that's what they think is selling.  Brian asked me about Brodak a good while back.  Maybe he will try stocking from them.  The wood is now coming from Bud Nosen.  I went in for 1/16 plywood-none there.  Not sure if/when they will find a source for that.  I'm using Randolph dope from Aircraft Spruce-good to go there.  BTW just got a UPS shipping notice on my Sig order...

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline Lauri Malila

• Admiral
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2023, 10:54:07 PM »
Quote from: Dave_Trible link=  I went in for 1/16 plywood-none there.  Not sure if/when they will find a source for that.

Dave
[/quote

www.mahogany.fi

L

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2023, 06:03:47 AM »
Thank You Lauri!  My ancestry is from the Nordic countries,  however the language did not follow my relatives.  I'll figure it out!

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline Lauri Malila

• Admiral
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2023, 06:23:30 AM »
You can choose English on the webshop, verkkokauppa that is, if your Finnish is rusty😂. L
« Last Edit: February 04, 2023, 12:26:23 PM by Lauri Malila »

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2023, 11:47:55 AM »
You can choose English on the website, if your Finnish is rusty😂. L

Yah, my grandpa was Finnish. And he wouldn't teach any of his kid/grand kids any of the language. Vell ya, I do know da accent and he called me Yerry!  LL~ LL~ LL~

Cheers, Jerry

Offline Chuck Matheny

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2023, 06:40:43 PM »
SIG recently sent  me 5 minute epoxy with Part A about the same consistency as cheese.
I notified them about 2 weeks ago and so far they have not replied to my  complaint.
If this happened to me I wonder how many other customers have recently experienced the same thing ? 
In the mean time they will continue to lose my business until they make amends.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here