News:

• March 29, 2024, 09:49:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sig Fuel Availability  (Read 2524 times)

Offline Jim Catevenis

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Sig Fuel Availability
« on: June 20, 2018, 03:54:36 AM »
Tom Dixon wanted to advise the control line community that he contacted Sig on Tuesday, June 19th, concerning fuel availability.  Tom said that Sig did not have any fuel available at this time and while they hope to have fuel available in time for the NATS, they could not guarantee that they would.

Tom is still trying obtain Sig fuel in time to take to the NATS but realizes he may not get it.  If you wish to get fuel from Tom at the NATS, please contact him at (770) 592-3279 to place your order.  If he is fortunate enough to get fuel, it will be on a first come, first served basis.
JCAT

Offline Reptoid

• Captain
Re: Sig Fuel Availability
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2018, 05:26:09 PM »
You can get any brew you want from Randy Ritch at Ritches brew in Houston, TX.  http://www.ritchsbrew.com/rb.html Great prices, great fuel, great guy, and he supplies (sponsers) fuel at a lot of AMA sanctioned contests where supplied event spec'ed fuel is required, i.e., Combat, Racing, Pylon (which he flys), speed, etc. He will make custom fuel (castor and/or synthetic) if you order ahead of time.
   If you need it prior to the Nats, better get crackin' as he will be going to the World's in Paris in July (His Son Rylan is the junior on the US F2D team)
Regards,
       Don
       AMA # 3882

Online Gary Mondry

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 11:27:35 AM »
How does one get a hold of Ritch's Brew ?  I wanted to check fuel prices, shipping, hazmat charge, etc. and sent e-mail but got no reply.  When I call the number on the website, there's no answer and the voice mailbox is full. ???
AMA 10663

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 07:37:20 PM »
Randy Ritch is an AMA AVP in Dist VIII. His contact info is on the Dist VIII web site. Maybe you can get to him that way.

Offline Robert Whitley

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 11:45:42 PM »
I picked up eight gallons of Sig fuel today from my lhs.
It was ordered 3 or 4 months ago but I guess better late than never and the price was acceptable.
I got four gallons of 5% nitro/20% blended oil and four gallons of 10% nitro/25% pure castor oil for my Foxes.
Apparently the shortage may be over.

Now to find the time to use it.

Online Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 01:48:24 PM »
   I swung by Schaefer's Hobby near Buder Park today just to look around and they had SIG fuel back on the shelf, 10 and 15% Champion. They had started to carry Powermaster MGA 10/22 in the interim.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Online Gary Mondry

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 07:35:05 PM »
Apparently the shortage may be over.

Or maybe not...

HI Gary,
We are out of stock on the fuel for a couple of weeks.

Do you want to leave on backorder?

AMA 10663

Offline Chad Hill

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 10:07:41 AM »
I just called Sig, wanting to buy a case of Champion 10% and 15%. They are totally sold out. Did not ask about other blends.

Online Gary Mondry

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 10:11:47 AM »
I ordered fuel (10% Champion) from Sig on August 28.  They advised they were out and I chose to leave it on backorder.  Sig advised on October 1 that they had received stock of nitromethane from their suppler were beginning to fill backorders.  I finally received my order yesterday, October 20. 
AMA 10663

Offline Chad Hill

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2019, 10:14:12 PM »
I had ordered a case of fuel from Sig last October, which was never filled. Last week they said it would be "at least another month" before I could expect my order to be fulfilled.

This past Monday I ordered a case from "Ritch's Brew". It arrived on Wednesday! Great service. I cancelled the Sig order.

Ritch's Brew formulates fuel using volume rather than weight, just like Sig did.

Best, Chad

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here