News:

• April 16, 2024, 02:28:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SIG Akromaster  (Read 541 times)

Offline Mark Mc

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
SIG Akromaster
« on: May 23, 2023, 11:15:22 PM »
This Akromaster is a kit that I bought back in the early-mid 80’s.  I can clearly remember walking into the Pinson Hobby Shop, but not the year.  I just remember that I was home on leave at the time.  I never built it, and it just kinda tagged along through six moves over 30 years.  I honestly thought it had been lost in one of the moves, but one day about eight or nine years ago, while digging in the back of the hall closet it just popped up.   So I decided to build it with a Cox Medallion .15 engine.

No need for build pics, as it is just your standard Akromaster build.  Besides, this was eight or nine years ago and I have no idea where I put the build pics.  I covered the plane with blue Monokote on the fuse/fin, and yellow Monokote on the wings/stab.  But, that’s where I stopped.  I just hung it up on the garage wall and left it for someday to prettify.  But, with the S.M.A.L.L. gathering a couple of weeks away, I decided to finish this off.  I probably won’t have room in the car for this, but since I’m on a tear…

The previous thread about a profile PT-19 also inspired me.  I didn’t have a good picture to use for making the roundels and tail markings, so I kinda guessed on the dimensions.  The roundels may be a bit large, but who cares.  It looks good enough to me.  Now I just have to find the tank that I used to have on this plane.  I don’t know why I removed it, but it wasn’t with the plane.

Mark

Offline mccoy40

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
Re: SIG Akromaster
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 11:54:15 AM »
Mark,

That looks great! Let us know how it flies.

Joseph Meyer
Philadelphia, PA

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 01:30:48 PM »
What a great use for a Cox Medallion 15 - I LIKE IT!!

PW

p.s. Roundels are perfect too…

Offline John Carrodus

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 01:41:03 PM »
SWEET! My grandson and I built one together a few years back. He flies it , it goes well.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here