News:

• April 18, 2024, 07:02:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stunt/Pampa historian  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Stunt/Pampa historian
« on: April 09, 2018, 12:55:03 PM »
We are wanting to find an official-unofficial historian to continue the great work begun by Wynn Paul.  Such a person COULD also be a curator of the Pampa photo galleries (which needs an update).  Should you have interest please let us know.

Dave
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline Warren Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
Re: Stunt/Pampa historian
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 12:17:07 AM »
Dave, I hope you find someone for that job, and if you do, I have the first ten years or so of Stunt news bound
in big three ring binders, they came from Ken Smith.
He passed them onto me just before his death.  R.I.P. old friend.

W.W.

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 04:28:34 AM »
Thanks Warren.  Hold on to them until we find 'the guy'. (or Gal). With the new website I anticipate all those can be digitized and put in an electronic library for all to have forever.  I'm so eager to get my books from Wynn.  In the future though our stuff will be put on the website and will be a museum and reference library.  Whoever will be the historian may find this another hobby in itself creating and maintaining.  This request to find somebody stems from Wynn himself wanting the valuable work to continue.  I hope somebody will want the job. 
AMA 20934

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 07:19:24 PM »
I just received an email from Wynn I'd like to share:

PAMPA Historian Duties?

Dave,
There were never any guidelines put down regarding duties of the Historian, whereas, I did produce a 4 page list of policies for the HOF.
  In my way of thinking, I tried to collect every bit of information from 1937 forward as first control line in general and then stunt competition began formally in 1946 at the Nationals. So, this included the development of the stunt pattern, as it went through many changes 1946-1957; also the development of engines-ignition and then glow plug;airplane tech-flaps,upright and inverted engine placement, the influence of the Nobler, then the Detroit, foam use,tuned pipes,electric, PAMPA,development of the four classes of competition, then adding old time, classic, big meets like Mirror, KOI, Southwestern, Criterium of Aces,etc.  And on and on.
  Jumping to 2015, I think one very important item would be complete results of the Nationals-and I mean name, hometown, airplane, engine,scores for every event- Open, expert, Advanced, Intermediate, Beginner, Classic, old time.  That takes a lot of work some years when coverage in SN is light- now the demise of the big SN, I don't know what will go on.  Another item is the complete records of the Team Trials.  Same for the World Champs (very difficult to get airplanes/engines at WC's)
  And then, it would be good to have lots of pictures of all of the above.  At this time I have about 80 three-ring notebooks full of picture son Nats, TT, WC's, VSC, and other events-one binder for each year; (1) early before '46; (2) 1946-2014; plus binders for VSC, Mirror meet, KOI, TT, WC's, Nats, published articles and more.
  And then it would be good to compile bio's of top fliers. I have about 100 bio's I've put together over the years-but there are new people coming in-thank goodness-and we need to have info on them.
   This is just a start.
   Will send more later.
   Regards

Wynn Paul"
AMA 20934

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here