News:

• April 19, 2024, 07:41:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jack Sheeks  (Read 2251 times)

Offline Gary Alspaugh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Jack Sheeks
« on: April 12, 2018, 02:15:39 PM »
This was posted on facebook this morning by Shirley Sheeks, Jacks wife. "For our facebook friends  who have not heard, Jack was diagnosed with liver cancer in the middle of his four stays in the hospital last year. In September he had a radiation treatment that seemed to slow the growth of one of the tumors, but he did not want to go through the procedure again. He is weak, tired, sleeps a lot, and does not feel well. He has no pain from the liver, but told me a couple of weeks ago he would never feel well again. We have the most amazing family who have pitched in and are here to support him and help me along, with all of the thoughtful people associated with Hospice. Please keep us in your positive thoughts and prayers."

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Re: Jack Sheeks
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 03:05:29 PM »
I am saddened to hear this. I'm glad I got to meet him at Brodak's and hear some of his funny stories.

Jack and Shirley are in our thoughts and prayers.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:21:00 PM by Paul Taylor »
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Online Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 04:20:13 PM »
This is a very hard thing to confront.  Jack has always been such a huge part of the event and my enjoyment of it.  He and Shirley are two of the grandest personalities I have ever met. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 05:03:50 PM by Dennis Adamisin »
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline De Hill

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 04:23:12 PM »
Jack Sheeks is one of the great ones in our sport. I am saddened to hear this news.
De Hill

Offline Tom Niebuhr

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 05:07:01 PM »
I talk to Shirley and Jack frequently and new he was sick. Jack has helped me frequently on various projects. I have an award the he made for me a few years ago. I could not get to VSC that year, so he shipped it to me. I have it on the wall in my shop.

Jack is one of the greatest and kindest people on earth. I am praying for him.

I talked to Shirley and she told me he is mostly sleeping in a chair, has no appetite , is very weak.
AMA 7544

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 05:46:52 PM »
Jack is truly one of the greats of our association called Modeling!  He has participated in just about every facet of Control Line flying and excelled in most!

When I was not much more than a teenager I used to wait for "Jacks Model of the Month" in FM.

Jack and his wife Shirley are truly wonderful people and deserve the most respect!

I'm very sorry to hear of his problems and wish the best for him.  I can only offer my prayers to add the those of others here. 

Jack and Shirley, please know that we love you and are thinking about you!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Mike Keville

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 06:26:19 PM »
Two of the kindest, most decent folks ever to attend the VSC (Jack and Shirley).  I am truly saddened to see this news about Jack. 

FORMER member, "Academy of Multi-rotors & ARFs".

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 08:01:20 AM »
Jack and Shirley are the best, we need more like them. Jack got me started in scale some 15+ years ago and have always sot his expertise and advice. Praying for you Jack & Shirley.

Blessings

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 11:00:01 AM »
I had an E-Mail earlier this year which was an up date.  I still remember the first time I was introduced to Jack by Big Art  I have my award received at VSC the first year for the highest point total for one of his designs. It hangs in my hop with other awards I have received.   I just hope Jack is not in too much pain.   I will keep him and Shirley in my thoughts and prayers. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Phil Spillman

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 07:57:45 PM »
I will always remember Jack and Shirley at the Brodak FlyIns as one of the most pleasant happenings at that event each year. As a teacher Shriley exchanged many reassuring stories about trying to get little people to love to learn. Jack was most inspirational to me personally as a Judge when I was flying in front of him in Advanced PA at The FlyIn. Please be assured that you both will be in my prayers nightly. I do sincerely hope that his pain is minimal through this ordeal.

Phil Spillman
Phil Spillman

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 10:01:52 PM »
My best thoughts and prayers go out to them both.
Shug
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Gordon Van Tighem

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 10:32:22 PM »
Like many on this site I grew up marvelling at Jack’s productivity during the 60s and 70s. I campaigned his “Moondust” design 1977 to 1981 and still fly it. His “Care” is in the shop line up. I was privileged to meet Jack at 2 VSCs and spent many hours talking and listening with him in the shade. I certainly appreciated the opportunity to meet a personal ‘mentor’ and to have the opportunity to thank him for his contributions to our sport and my development.
My thoughts and prayers are with you Jack and Shirley!
G
Gord VT
MAAC 3738L, Life Member
AMA C3738L

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2018, 09:53:27 AM »
Just got off the phone with Shirley (11:47 am) and she sounds good and she appreciates all the prayers.
Jack was going to get his hair cut by "a little cutey" this morning. She told me to call back that Jack likes to talk to his friends. Jack talk? Imagine that!
Bob and Elaine Brookens were there with them this morning and she said the family and hospice has been wonderful.
Keep up the prayers.

Blessings
Allen

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 02:12:45 PM »
I invited Jack to join our JYW team a few times at Brodak's.
This one year Clancy was on our team. While we were working Clancy accidentally stuck jack with an xacto on the finger. Jack was quick to say Dam it Clancy you did it again. I said again and Jack told me when him and Clancy were kids that Clancy accidentally cut him on the knee with a pocket knife.
I had some liquid bandage in my field box. I ask Jack if he wanted me to apply it. He did not know what it was. I put it on and he thought it was great stuff. I told him I was not a doctor but I was staying at the holiday inn. We all laughed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Zuriel Armstrong

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 03:00:25 PM »
Great picture Paul. I was reading this and remembering how fortunate I was to be on the team with Jack, Clancy and you. Good memories.
Zuriel Armstrong
AMA 20932

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 05:35:41 PM »
Great picture Paul. I was reading this and remembering how fortunate I was to be on the team with Jack, Clancy and you. Good memories.

Great memories ZMan!
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here