News:

• March 29, 2024, 01:40:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Searching for new plane hauler  (Read 1545 times)

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Searching for new plane hauler
« on: December 04, 2018, 06:27:33 AM »
Since my truck was recovered during the weekend. By tge looks of it I expect it to be total loss.

So now im in market of a new vehicle. Looking for a SUV that has space to haul planes,gear, and family to contests but still retain good gas mileage.

What are yall driving and suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Bootlegger

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Searching for new plane hauler
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2018, 06:31:24 AM »

James, my wife just got a new Toyota Highlander, and it is a S U V , might want to check it out, oh the dealers have what they call "loaners" so the prices will be more reasonable.  Good luck
8th Air Force Veteran
Gil Causey
AMA# 6964

Offline Bob Heywood

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 07:59:08 AM »
Chevy Suburban...
"Clockwise Forever..."

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 08:02:40 AM »
Chevy Suburban...
Not an option financially

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Jim Mynes

• Commander
  • Chelsea, ME
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 08:16:50 AM »
To haul all that stuff and family and do it economically will be a challenge.
I would recommend a small to medium size enclosed trailer to put airplanes and gear in, and the daily driver of your choice to tow it. That way on non-airplane days your not stuck driving the beast that would be needed to do it all.
I have seen the light, and it’s powered by a lipo.

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 08:35:15 AM »
To haul all that stuff and family and do it economically will be a challenge.
I would recommend a small to medium size enclosed trailer to put airplanes and gear in, and the daily driver of your choice to tow it. That way on non-airplane days your not stuck driving the beast that would be needed to do it all.
That would be fine but since i have to buy a new vehicle. Trying to knock out 2 birds with 1 stone.

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Jim Kraft

• Admiral
  • AMA78415
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 08:39:35 AM »
When we were trying out new vehicles, we drove a Buick Enclave. That would be my go to contests vehicle for comfort and room if money were not object. At 90 it feels like 40. Best riding vehicle I have ever driven. But, since we already have a Dodge van we got the Buick Encore. Still a very nice small suv. And it gets 30+ mpg. My grand daughter has a new Chevy Traverse which is just as nice as the Buick but a little less money. Both the Enclave and the Traverse are also the quietest of all I have driven.
Jim Kraft

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2018, 08:41:15 AM »
That would be fine but since i have to buy a new vehicle. Trying to knock out 2 birds with 1 stone.

Nobody likes this, but a mini-van is just about perfect for hauling airplanes. An SUV large enough to haul everything will be expensive and have poor mileage. The storage volume is too small on all but the very largest  SUVs for airplane purposes.

Brett

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2018, 08:54:43 AM »
Jamie I have a 2003 Ford Explorer that I bought in 2006 and it only has 95,000 miles on it.  It has plenty of room for my planes.  I would look for an older model vehicle made like this with lower mileage on it, if you can find one.  This kind of purchase is based on personal preference and In my case, what I could afford.  Don't know if this helps or not.

Mike

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2018, 08:57:45 AM »
I'm happy as if I had sense with my Chrysler van...the flat folding seats are terrific as well...a whole sheet of 4'X8' ply or whatever fits inside.
Mileage is about my only gripe.....drove 500 miles to other day, 250 with the AC off and got 23 mpg. Coming back the AC ran and it cost a MPG.
But city driving jumps between 12 and 17.....

Have fun!

Offline afml

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2018, 09:45:34 AM »
Very good replies on this posts. #^
My situation has changed regarding hauling airplanes and other hobby items.
The full size Dodge Ram Van, high top conversion van, was a fixture at the NATS and many other contests for YEARS!
Never did check the gas mileage 'cause it is what it is!
Drove across the state of KY to Paducah for a contest.
Hot & humid, the norm for that time of year.
Took the turn off to the motel and the first red light......It died....In heavy traffic.....
Yea....Dead battery...So a few calls,....Police arrival......Roll back arrival......'Hot Box' jump start...
And drove the 1/2 block to the Motel.
Got a new battery and decided it was time for another MORE RELIABLE mode of transportation.
285K miles and counting.....If it had 'over drive' & fuel injection, I would have no doubt kept it....  %^@ LL~
So began THE SEARCH...... >:D
Got on CARGURUS (sp?) in search of a recent model of a Ford Transit Connect, cargo van, LONG wheel base with a HATCH rear door.
After several months, the search was over! TWO sliding doors and the rear hatch, long wheel base AND the plane rack that holds seven
full sized PAMPA planes fit in the back!
To each his own.....
That's my story & I'm stick'n to it! LL~
"Tight Lines!"  H^^
Wes
Wes Eakin

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2018, 09:53:17 AM »
James,

I drive a '14 Honda Odyssey and "Love" it! I have gotten up to 31 MPG......but not very often. (That was at 62 MPH) I usually get 25-27 on the Hywy and 16-20 in town. It's those pesky starts and stops that kill mileage.

As for room, pile those planes in there! And all the other crap that goes with them.

To bad my sister hates her '10 Odyssey......... Says it doesn't get good enough mileage. Oh well....

Good luck, Jerry

Crap= excessories

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2018, 10:45:33 AM »
Maybe I shouldn't say this, but I've considered going to Enterprise Rental and looking at all the different vehicles.  Find one I like and rent for a weekend and make a trip.  The Ford van I rented the year we took the family to Disney world was great to drive as I learned about the things it had.  I now drive a Suburban when the grand daughter doesn't have it.  But I think before I built Hutch's profile B-25 I could get just as much model competition and fun fly equipment in my little Ford Explorer if not more.   Many trips with two grandkids and all the plane stuff with the fold down split seat.   But, it is your choice and you will probably drive it many years.  Let us know what you come up with.   I guess all your stuff was gone out of the vehicle? D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2018, 10:58:25 AM »
If you are going to try and fit family and planes in anything short of a van you are going to have problems.  I vote for the trailer.  I have a Tahoe and I cannot get even one plane of decent size in it without putting one seat down and you don't get any bigger unless you get a Suburban.  When we went from the 500 sq" to the 600+ sq" we forgot to consult Detriot.   Another alternative is to find a buddy that loves to go to contests and doesn't fly.  Years ago when there were combined contests, I flew CL and FF.  We built a car top carrier that would hold 2 35 size stunters and a raft of FF wings and other pieces.  Had a sloped front to cut on drag but even with that the mileage sucked.

Good luck - Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Tom Vieira

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2018, 11:35:34 AM »
my GTI is getting to be cramped hauling larger planes...  I'm looking REALLY hard at using my girlfriend's 75 AMC Hornet hatchback ;)

Offline Dan Berry

• Admiral
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2018, 11:50:28 AM »
You’re gettin’ a minvan.

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2018, 12:23:46 PM »
Although this one is available locally, you might want to search for one similar: 2015 Ford Transit Passenger 150 XLT Medium Roof RWD with Sliding Passenger Doors.  Eight passenger, stand up, with plenty of room to carry flightbox and at least 3 or 4 Nobler sized airframes at the same time.  Ask me how I know??   LL~ LL~

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2015-Ford-Transit-Passenger-c24380?px8324=p2&sourceContext=usedPaidSearchNoZip&cgcid=1654&cgagid=2834157&ax8324=64901622&type=GoogleAdWordsSearch&kw=%2Btransit%20%2Bpassenger%20%2B15&matchtype=b&ad=278033945658&placement=&networktype=g&device=c&devicemodel=&adposition=1t2&physloc=9011780&intloc=&aceid=&cid=206607905&agid=21742866665&tgtid=kwd-311656381153&fid=&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl6_dmKjj3gIVDjJpCh0zqwSQEAAYAiAAEgIGGPD_BwE#listing=223956187

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2018, 12:30:17 PM »
I've got a 1963 Suburban.  327, Rochester 4bbl, power steering, 4-speed, headliner hanging down in tatters and the fuel is probably dried in the carburetor again.  Needs a frame-off restoration and the rear seat is missing (they always are), but other than that it's great!

Oh, and if I did let it go you'd have to pay for my funeral -- my wife likes that truck.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline phil c

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2018, 12:34:23 PM »
I'd say get a used Toyota Sienna.  AWD is available if you want it.  Biggest inside.  Not a sports car but it drives nice.  Should average 19-21 overall, depending on AWD drive or not.  They've been building essentially the same van.  The newer ones get better mpg with an 8spd transmission.

ALL the seats come out if need be.  The middle ones latch in place.  The rear seat is usually split and mounts with 6 bolts.  Seats are kinda heavy so you won't be swapping them in and out daily.

Best repair record of the bunch.
phil Cartier

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2018, 12:53:57 PM »
Seriously, I vote for the SUV + trailer.  You're not going to be hauling planes + family all the time, and to do so you need a freaking bus.  A trailer fit for planes shouldn't cost too much to build, and you'll only have to haul it for contests.

Actually, I know that you can fit an Impact into the back seat of a Ford Focus or a Toyota Camry, and the Camry will pull a trailer big enough for several planes.  So you don't even need the SUV.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Tom Vieira

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 12:57:44 PM »
Seriously, I vote for the SUV + trailer.  You're not going to be hauling planes + family all the time, and to do so you need a freaking bus.  A trailer fit for planes shouldn't cost too much to build, and you'll only have to haul it for contests.

Actually, I know that you can fit an Impact into the back seat of a Ford Focus or a Toyota Camry, and the Camry will pull a trailer big enough for several planes.  So you don't even need the SUV.

I'm looking at one of those $400 harbor freight jobs to tow behind my GTI.  just add some boards and such to enclose it.  that's if I can't steal the Hornet for flying and contests ;)

Offline Cody bishop

• Commander
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2018, 01:18:14 PM »
I use a 2011 GMC Terrain fits 4 comfortably without planes or 2 with planes just weekend I had 13 planes it most of them of a pretty decent size the biggest plane I have put in it is a full fuse cardinal but I think you could fit bigger that just the biggest I own. No reason you could not fit 4-5 decent size stunt planes and the support boxes I bring 8 combat planes and 2 pit boxes along with all my other stuff I need for flying combat with issues.

Offline Tony Drago

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2018, 01:38:40 PM »
I would not recommend one of these. As mentioned below. A good friend of mine (who's a member of this forum) bought one from Harbor Freight.
 Brand hew. 1-a wheel bearing froze up on the way home from a contest. Ordered a new drum and bearing as they are a sealed unit and tire next day mail. It showed up three days later with a O well sorry for an explanation . 2-Soon after that the trailer hitch broke off the trailer. Only the  safety chain stop the trailer from passing his own vehicle. They look good but. Bottom line.Customer service and product sucked.

(I'm looking at one of those $400 harbor freight jobs to tow behind my GTI.  just add some boards and such to enclose it.  that's if I can't steal the Hornet for flying and contests)

Tom Vieira

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2018, 01:46:38 PM »
I would not recommend one of these. As mentioned below. A good friend of mine (who's a member of this forum) bought one from Harbor Freight.
 Brand hew. 1-a wheel bearing froze up on the way home from a contest. Ordered a new drum and bearing as they are a sealed unit and tire next day mail. It showed up three days later with a O well sorry for an explanation . 2-Soon after that the trailer hitch broke off the trailer. Only the  safety chain stop the trailer from passing his own vehicle. They look good but. Bottom line.Customer service and product sucked.

(I'm looking at one of those $400 harbor freight jobs to tow behind my GTI.  just add some boards and such to enclose it.  that's if I can't steal the Hornet for flying and contests)

:o

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2018, 04:56:56 PM »
    Jamie, I've had pickups w/camper shells,  two Ford Explorers, and now a minivan. I agree with Brett, TY, and others favoring minivans . The minivan for me had the best utility for size and price especially if you buy the base line models which are still well equipped. The fancy minivans though are about as high as any of the SUV's-I bought my van new 9 years ago, so was amazed how much more expensive they are now. I went to a dealer a while back to get fuel tank emission lines for a Chevy and definitely got sticker shock from the prices- even with the promo/incentive deals the salesman bragged about.
     Minivan are really nice if you have small kids-easier to load'em up. I'M getting 25-26 mpg @ 72-75mph interstate and 24-24.5 @80 mph.
          Doug

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2018, 04:59:39 PM »
Yea. And yall are right.. im just trying to justify not buying a Mini-Van being a 34 yr old guy lol. But its definitely an option... just a last option lol

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Offline Gary Dowler

• Admiral
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2018, 05:44:30 PM »
   Nobody likes this, but a mini-van is just about perfect for hauling airplanes. An SUV large enough to haul everything will be expensive and have poor mileage. The storage volume is too small on all but the very largest  SUVs for airplane purposes.

Brett
I second this.  From 12 years in autobody repair I can highly recommend the Honda Odesy. Look for a good used one. They are very well made, get good mileage, and have a lot of versatility and room.

Gary
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2018, 06:24:57 PM »
I've dragged a motorcycle trailer and a boat trailer all around WA and down to SLC, and So. Cal. The negative about towing a trailer is IF the speed limits area lowered to truck speeds if you're towing a trailer. California is pretty serious about it, as is WA. When I drove to TN in 2012, I found that very few of the states I went through had "truck speed limits" and everybody pretty much went the same speed. Traffic moved along much better, IMO, but that's not pertinent to the thread.

IF you are not constrained by speed limit laws, a trailer isn't a bad deal IF you have a safe place to store it. The NW Skyraiders had a Harbor Fright kit trailer that we used to haul the riding mower, but it got stolen with the mower. We got the trailer back, eventually, only because it was abandoned in a KFC parking lot and was spied by a member. LEO's don't get any credit for the recovery. I can tell you that a short trailer is a real SOB to back up...the longer the trailer, the easier.

I know there is resistance to driving a mini-van, but they do work and are practical. I'd go Toyota or Honda. Stay clear of Mitsubishi and Nissan. You may be able to rent a Toyota to do a weekend test drive, but last I asked, Honda doesn't sell to rental companies. I'd be leary of the Ford Transit van because of the Eco-Bust engine. The Dodge or Mercedes "Sprinter" would be worth looking at, if you can get a V-8 like a 318 or the Hemi. I'm not a diesel fanboy... pay extra for diesel option, pay extra for fuel, pay extra for repairs, pay extra for routine maintenance for a few mpg more? Nah!   D>K Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2018, 06:41:37 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with putting models in those dinguses that go on trailer hitches?  I hate the idea of putting a bunch of nice airplanes out where some dufus can get them in a rear-end collision (the kids, now...), but it seems like a nice hauling option.

James, if you have kids, just get the minivan (says the guy who got a '63 Suburban instead of a minivan...).  A Miata with barfed-on seats is really no sexier than a minivan with barfed-on seats, and your wife will get suspicious if you try to buy a chick magnet.
AMA 64232

Offline George Waters

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2018, 07:36:36 PM »
Jamie  I bought a 2001 e150 conversion van to haul my planes and anything else around in. If I can swing it that will be my ride to both Brodaks and the nats. It worked good .to get to your contest.  George

Online Neil Rogers

• Lieutenant
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2018, 11:40:34 PM »
A mini-van gets my vote.  I've had many of them over the years because they are so darned practical.  A Grand Caravan is cavernous with the seats folded into the floor.  Mileage isn't any worse than other vehicles with that much room.  Buy used because depreciation is high.  Last spring I bought a 2016 Grand Caravan with under 15,000 miles for less that half its new price.

I've often thought about a trailer, but the big down side for me is where to store it when it's not being used.

Neil Rogers

Offline jfv

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2018, 12:18:33 PM »
I got a 2018 Chevy Traverse in June because I wanted more room for my models.  Lots of storage space and excellent gas mileage. (98 ft3 with all the seats down)  Average about 24 to 25 mpg between town and my trips up to ski house.  Very happy with performance.  Just hope it lasts.
Jim Vigani

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2018, 01:46:48 PM »
A modeler our my way has a Silverado with a 6 in it that gets 25 to 26 highway mpg. Lots of storage in the back. He is happy with it!

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2018, 02:01:15 PM »
I know there is resistance to driving a mini-van, but they do work and are practical. I'd go Toyota or Honda. Stay clear of Mitsubishi and Nissan. You may be able to rent a Toyota to do a weekend test drive, but last I asked, Honda doesn't sell to rental companies. I'd be leary of the Ford Transit van because of the Eco-Bust engine. The Dodge or Mercedes "Sprinter" would be worth looking at, if you can get a V-8 like a 318 or the Hemi. I'm not a diesel fanboy... pay extra for diesel option, pay extra for fuel, pay extra for repairs, pay extra for routine maintenance for a few mpg more? Nah!   D>K Steve

One consideration (that more-or-less removes most of the pickup and things like the Transit or Safari vans) is that they need to be both quiet and powerful. There are a lot of pretty big hills you need to climb on cross-country trips, you need to go up and down the hills without risking blowing it up. If its loud, the noise will wear you out after a while. That's what made me switch from a mini-pickup with a shell to the van.

I have a Mazda, but they don't make it any more. That's too bad, it gets ~25 mpg at 83 mph indicated on flat ground, and will do it all day long without straining anything anywhere. And it's just big enough, it's like a channeled Honda, about 6-8" narrower. It's reasonable to drive around town, and handles pretty well considering. The Honda and Toyota are huge and the Honda is very powerful/quiet, but they are definitely much more suited for cruising down the highway and are exactly what you would expect to drive. The Dodge mini-van is OK, but it's kind of like a SUV in that in some cases the interior gets in teh way of usable volume for model airplanes. The full-size vans like the Safari are terrible to drive, I got worn out just trying to keep it on the road when we drove David's mom's van to Oregon one time.

I got a loaner Porsche Cayenne 4s Turbo as a loaner the other day, and even as big as it is, and as much like driving a motorized barstool as it was, the usuable space was surprisingly small and while I probably could have gotten an airplane in it, I sure couldn't have gotten 4 of them in there, with 4 people's supplies, like I can in the Mazda. It was fast and of course powerful enough, which makes sense, since it retailed for *8X* as much as my van!

Brett

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2018, 03:48:01 PM »
Sorry.  I just can't let it go.  How about this one?  Rides nice, you can put two or three stunters in the back, and you'll go in style.
AMA 64232

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2018, 04:33:40 PM »

I have a Mazda, but they don't make it any more. That's too bad, it gets ~25 mpg at 83 mph indicated on flat ground, and will do it all day long without straining anything anywhere. And it's just big enough...

I ...have gotten 4 [airplanes] in there, with 4 people's supplies, in the Mazda.

Brett

Hey Brett,

What year is your Mazda MPV van?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 07:38:02 PM by Brent Williams »
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2018, 04:39:28 PM »
Since my truck was recovered during the weekend. By tge looks of it I expect it to be total loss.

So now im in market of a new vehicle. Looking for a SUV that has space to haul planes,gear, and family to contests but still retain good gas mileage.

What are yall driving and suggestions?

Perfect hauler  for  family and  planes, plus much more, is the  Chrysler Town N Country, or the Dodge CARAVAN  ( maybe the most affordable of all the minivans), comfortable and very useful, holds a ton, and seats will disappear under the floor

Randyt

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2018, 06:37:39 PM »
    I bought a 2008 Town and Country that was a former company vehicle of a club member. I wanted one of these after using his van on a trip tp Oshkosh and to contests. The Stow-N-Go feature is pretty nice. With the seats up, you can use the space to haul/stow stuff. I took the back row out and put them up in the attic, and covered the space with a piece of 3/4" ply wood that has some strips on the bottom side to keep it located over the area. I call it the "basement!" I put a trailer hitch on it to tow my trailer when hauling vintage dirt bikes, and then got one of those cargo platforms that plugs into the receiver.  I had a roof top duffel style luggage bag by Thule that I use on my Pontiac Vibe and cut another piece of plywood to the outline of that bag and attach it to the flat cargo platform. On big trips with lots of stuff, that goes on the back and holds all the soft stuff like luggage. It's very water proof and nothing has ever gotten wet even when driving in torrential rains. I call it the "caboose!" I can pretty much haul as much stuff in the T&C as I could in the full sized Ford Club Wagon that it replaced, just not all of it inside the T&C!!  Ask Wayne Willey or anyone that has ever seen the T&C loaded for the SIG contest and they can attest to what all can be put in it.. The main draw back is tha the rear door opening is so small. Larger models have to be loaded through one of the sliding side doors, but I have had up to ten or twelve models ranging uin size from a Cardinal to 1/2A models and including full fuselage stunters on one trip.The Ford had two tanks that made for great range and it got in the 18 to 22 MPG range depending on what I was hauling. It started to give me trouble  and even though I loved it, the idea of getting one of the company returned T&C vans and it's working air conditioner and cruise control was very appealing. It's a flex fuel vehicle, and although I never use E-85, the fuel system is the best for a vehicle the spends a lot of time sitting, like mine does, and when you travel, you just never know what you may have to buy for fuel. I'll have it for quite a while to come.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2018, 11:27:10 AM »
Sorry.  I just can't let it go.  How about this one?  Rides nice, you can put two or three stunters in the back, and you'll go in style.

This reminds me of the big Dodge wagon that I had at the wrong period of time.  Remember the max speed limits of 55 mph?   When I let it breath on the open highway at 80+ mph it got terrific mileage.  Ask Melvin Schutte about his first time riding with JJ and I to his first contest ay Pawnee Rock KS.  The three of us in front seat and 19 airplanes plus support equipment in the back.  We flew every event at that contest.  Of course my son. JJ, would stop the show every time he flew.  He was not a teenager yet.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here