News:

• May 07, 2024, 11:59:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jack Sheeks Flybaby  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Charlie Pate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Jack Sheeks Flybaby
« on: April 24, 2007, 07:31:22 PM »
I noticed on one of the threads ,(Akromaster pictures) a picture of the Flybaby by Jack Sheeks.
I talked to Jack about the plane one time and he didn,t say much.If I remember correctly, he gave it great praise
in the Flying Models Article. I was told he  liked it so much he took it to the nats and his engine failed(ain,t that the case always.
Have any of you fellows out there built one , or seen one fly.
I have always wanted to build one. <=

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
Re: Jack Sheeks Flybaby
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 08:26:32 PM »
Hi Charlie,

I never saw ther Flybaby, but I seen to remember a Skywalker he published that was a profile.  I liked the looks of that one.  Not much help I guess, huh??

Heyt, you gonna come over to Huntersville??????

Bill <><
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Shultzie

• Admiral
  • Don Shultz "1969 Nats Sting Ray"
Re: Jack Sheeks Flybaby
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 11:12:02 AM »
I noticed on one of the threads ,(Akromaster pictures) a picture of the Flybaby by Jack Sheeks.
I talked to Jack about the plane one time and he didn,t say much.If I remember correctly, he gave it great praise
in the Flying Models Article. I was told he  liked it so much he took it to the nats and his engine failed(ain,t that the case always.
Have any of you fellows out there built one , or seen one fly.
I have always wanted to build one. <=

I had the pleasure to work on a special projects at Boeing with Pete Bowers. Not only a great story teller, but equally a good writer, great model maker...as well as an amazingly gifted airplane designer that again...left this world all too soon.

His passion for doing things HIS WAY...often  HB~> heads with many other equally gifted designers...and often proved that his ways of both designing and builder were right in the first place often led to some pretty-pretty-pretty intense discussions?  LL~

One thing that I learned in a hurry at Boeing was that old expression: ---"HE...WHO WAS LOUDEST AND MOST ANTIMATED, WAS ALWAY RIGHT?"
 Pete would go to length to work a problem...but would be the first to defend to "almost to the death" that his concepts were correct...however equally could "eat-crow" and admit that he was "mistaken" ONLY if  justly proven wrong.
The red color would leave his face as suddenly as it began...replaced with a that infamous and famous big grin (or snyle) that would leave everyone back on a level plain-plane plan again to the job at hand.
I miss Pete and feel we are all lessened by his passing:

Go to the www.museumofflight.org and check out his hanging fly baby..and check out this beautiful model...sitting on the full sized FLYBABY!

DON'T FORGET! FREE ADMISSION ON THIS SAT. 28TH AT THE MUSEUM OF FLIGHT SEATTLE!
Don Shultz

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here