News:

• March 28, 2024, 07:17:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Marietta Ga contest  (Read 476 times)

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Marietta Ga contest
« on: July 02, 2018, 02:53:31 PM »
Has any info been posted yet regarding this event?
I believe Tom Dixon will run it.

Bob Z.

Online Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Admiral
Re: Marietta Ga contest
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 05:19:42 AM »
You may be thinking of the Canton, Ga contest Aug. 4 & 5.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
Re: Marietta Ga contest
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 11:35:53 AM »
  Bob, you must be referring to the Canton, GA, Aug. 4 & 5. It's just up the road a few miles from Marietta. The contest flyer is posted in the events section of this forum. Sad, but true I'm the CD. Tom is the assist CD. Tom, Richard Schneider, and Leroy Polk have done a great job of procuring the ETOWAH RIVER PARK as a contest site as well as a regular flying site for our North GA. Sky Rebels C/L club. Leroy discovered the site and saw that the landscape really was suited for C/L flying. Tom approached the park officials about possible use for C/L  activities (none of them knew what it was!) So a demonstration was put on by Tom and Leroy and they liked what they saw. So through continued talk and negotiations a kind of MOU was made so we could use the facility for flying. We have free use of site for our normal flying activities, but pay a fee when we have a contest. They do an excellent job of keeping field manicured. Hope You and many others will make it to the contest. It is really a great site. Has a walkway over the picturesque Etowah River and excellent walkway around park, and many outside attractions. Oh!, by the way, we will have portable 8' circle centers for firm footing (3/4" tongue and groove plywood with anti-slip coating).
       Doug Patterson - CD- jd3patterson@gmail.com

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here