News:

• May 16, 2024, 04:05:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Went flying today tried a new camera angle  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Jared Hays

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Went flying today tried a new camera angle
« on: January 11, 2015, 05:58:04 PM »
Dad wanted to go try his Super Tigre 60 out with a new connecting rod installed today.  So I also brought my new Blade 350 QX3 with us to try it out as well.  All went well hope you enjoy the video!  Make sure you click it over to Hi Def!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1diMlv-8mw&feature=youtu.be

Offline Chris_Rud

• 2014 Supporters
  • Commander
Re: Went flying today tried a new camera angle
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 08:11:18 PM »
Great video!!!!

Offline Doug Burright

• Commander
  • Legacy, Brodak kit
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 08:52:27 PM »
Neato. Did anyone notice that the guy is flying his maneuvers while facing into the Sun? That makes it tough.
This is a good use of the multi-rotor's capabilities...not flying up and down the neighborhood, bouncing off cars, houses and trees! Good work, guys! Thanks.
I will build it. It's gonna be really difficult to find me with an ARF. I know every bit of my airplane!

Offline Steve Thornton

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 09:21:05 PM »
What a great tool for practicing, critique, and refining the pattern.  Such a unique perspective and your production shows the artistry of our hobby.

Thanks for the post!
Steve

P.S.  Shug, you gotta get one of these!
"Most of us won't make it out of this world alive."
Steve Thornton

Offline Jared Hays

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 10:11:13 PM »
Neato. Did anyone notice that the guy is flying his maneuvers while facing into the Sun? That makes it tough.
This is a good use of the multi-rotor's capabilities...not flying up and down the neighborhood, bouncing off cars, houses and trees! Good work, guys! Thanks.

Yes dad was not happy about the location of the sun and the wind and where he had to do his "manures" lol

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 12:51:44 AM »
I do not like the mix of that song, but the video is really interesting.
Chris...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 01:24:22 AM by Chris McMillin »

Offline kiwibrit

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 03:34:25 AM »
Yes, I would have preferred the music of the Super Tigre - could be that I am just a grumpy old bloke, of course. That said, I thought the video well shot and interesting. 
I also admired the flying site. 

Offline bruce finley

• Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 05:52:26 AM »
I thought the music was perfect y1.  Kind of surreal, just like the POV :)  Awesome video-thanks for posting

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 06:28:36 AM »
Mighty fine view. Now to fly around the circle and follow the plane. Good use of the quad copter.
Did you use a GoPro and if-so what settings?
Thankee.
Shug
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Jared Hays

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 06:43:57 AM »
This is the latest and greatest quad from Horizon Hobby its the QX3 AP Combo so it comes with its own gimble stabilized copy of a GoPro.  It has its own on board Wifi and you watch/control the filming right from your phone instead of wearing goggles like other FPV stuff.  Only thing is there is no sound recording so that is the reason for the music otherwise it would just be silent.  But even if there was sound I'm pretty sure the sound of 4 electric motors whizzing about to keep it hovering would overpower anything else anyway.  I may buy another gimble for a GoPro and try it someday just to see how the sound works but then I would also have to run FPV gear and go back to goggles I would lose the Wifi capability of just using my android phone to watch on.

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 07:01:35 AM »
This is the latest and greatest quad from Horizon Hobby its the QX3 AP Combo so it comes with its own gimble stabilized copy of a GoPro.  It has its own on board Wifi and you watch/control the filming right from your phone instead of wearing goggles like other FPV stuff.  Only thing is there is no sound recording so that is the reason for the music otherwise it would just be silent.  But even if there was sound I'm pretty sure the sound of 4 electric motors whizzing about to keep it hovering would overpower anything else anyway.  I may buy another gimble for a GoPro and try it someday just to see how the sound works but then I would also have to run FPV gear and go back to goggles I would lose the Wifi capability of just using my android phone to watch on.

You could just use a recorder to record the sound of the cl plane to add in later or even an old camera if you have one. Just detach the audio and add it to the quad footage. Just a thought.
Those QX3s are not cheap!
Very smooth footage though.
I have a freind with one and I'd like to get him to film me flying.
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Jared Hays

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2015, 12:35:11 PM »
You could just use a recorder to record the sound of the cl plane to add in later or even an old camera if you have one. Just detach the audio and add it to the quad footage. Just a thought.
Those QX3s are not cheap!
Very smooth footage though.
I have a freind with one and I'd like to get him to film me flying.

Yea I could do that would pry become an editing nightmare though unless you just played the video with no edits...and your right this quad wasn't cheap...Bust out a thousand if you want to pick one up.  But I have big plans for it  #^

Offline Allan Perret

• Admiral
  • Proverbs
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2015, 05:48:27 PM »
If you do anymore c/l videos I think it would be a better vantage point if you went high enough to be the plane when it is straight overhead at the top of the circle, or maybe even a little higher.
Allan Perret
AMA 302406
Slidell, Louisiana

Offline Jared Hays

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2015, 06:16:14 PM »
Yea I'll definitely play around more with it in the future this was the first time up with it and originally I was gonna film from the side where the "manures"
 were being flown but it was darn cold to so I pretty much just let it auto hover and kept my hands in my pockets lol.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here