News:

• March 29, 2024, 03:32:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RIP Floyd Layton  (Read 722 times)

Offline Jim Hoffman

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
RIP Floyd Layton
« on: November 29, 2022, 06:17:32 PM »
I learned today that Floyd Layton of Davenport Iowa died on Nov 3.  His wife Carol wrote me and remembered fond memories of VSC.

Contact me if you want Carol’s snail mail address.

Jim Hoffman
windswept4@cox.net

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: RIP Floyd Layton
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 10:42:46 PM »
   This is some sad news. We all know the guys at the top of the heap in this event, for all the years I have been doing it. But as I have said before, to have a top of the heap you have to have the guys that are part of the support of that, or the base or foundation, whatever you want to call it. Floyd Layton was one of those people, along with his wife Carol. If you saw one you always saw the other. Floyd was just your stereotypical nice guy but so much more than that. One of the guys you were always glad to see at a contest or anywhere. He had emailed me in fairly recent times about something that he had read here or on line somewhere, and wrote me about it. We sent emails back and forth a few times and now I wished we could have gotten together again. Floyd usually ran the contest at Peoria, IL, and I think he continued when they moved that contest to the Quad Cities area. I saw him at VSC, and at the SIG contest and at most of the mid west contests back then. This news comes at a time when I'm planning on attending the memorial this coming weekend for Gary Hajek, who passed away this year, and his brother who just recently passed away. This getting old stuff and losing friends sure doesn't get any easier, does it?  My deepest sympathies and condolences go out to Carol and to Floyd's family.
   Type at you later,
     Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here