News:

• May 28, 2024, 11:14:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2018 Middlesex Stunt Contest Moved to Garden State Circle Burners Field  (Read 708 times)

Offline jfv

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Well, we tried but we have not received any relief from the TFR at the Branchburg RC field. So, we are moving the Middlesex Stunt Contest to the GSCB field in Lincoln Park, NJ.  The address for a GPS is: 144 2 Bridges Road, Lincoln Park, NJ 07035.  We are planning to get the grass cut shorter, and hopefully, the weather will cooperate.  Presently, they are calling for warm temperatures, 88 degrees, and moderate wind, 4 MPH.  I would appreciate if you could let me know if you plan on coming.  I could use some help with judging.  Either post here or email me at jvigani@gmail.com.

I have to say, the AMA tried with the FAA and Secret Service, and I communicated a number of times with the AMA trying to get this straightened out.  They always called me back and kept me up to date with what was happening.  I just believe differentiating control line flying from RC flying is not high on the priority list for the FAA and Secret Service.  It’s easier for them just to say “model aircraft operations.”

Anyway, looking forward to a great contest and special thanks to the Circle Burners for letting us use their field again.  We will be flying 4 classes of PAMPA, and 1 class of OTS.  Please spread the word.

Jim Vigani
Jim Vigani

Rick_Huff

Re: 2018 Middlesex Stunt Contest Moved to Garden State Circle Burners Field
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2018, 02:42:52 PM »
Jim,
Thanks for trying so hard.  Looks like nearly perfect weather for Sunday; we'll be there!

Rick

Offline jfv

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2018, 02:45:19 PM »
Great!  Always enjoy you guys. Excuse me, guy and girl.
Jim Vigani

Offline Fred Quedenfeld jr

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 10:27:33 AM »
What were the results?
Heard there were a couple cool looking All-American's in OTS
Any Pictures?
Fred Q

Offline jfv

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 02:21:23 PM »
Here are the results from Sundays contest (Also posted in Results Section).  Thanks to all who attended including the judges: Jim Damerell, Keith Ferguson, Frank Imbriaco, Joseph Daly, Doug Benedetti and Skip Chernoff.  Also. special thanks to the Garden State Circle Burners for lending us their field once again.  Hopefully, we will get this TFR situation cleared up very soon.  Waiting to get some pictures.
Jim Vigani

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here