News:

• April 25, 2024, 01:11:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Got a new guy to fly  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Ty Marcucci

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Got a new guy to fly
« on: December 09, 2020, 05:58:59 PM »
Well, we hope he will be a new guy. Mark is from Portland, Ore, and is planning on moving to Huntsville. Three club members and Mark met at our top secret new flying field until we can go back to our regular field once the corona crap is gone or under control. He put up a long flight on one of my beater Shoestring Stunter (Goldberg). John flew his repaired profile Cavalier, Bill got two  flights in trying to break in his Thunder Tiger engine. I put up two fights, one each on a different shoestring Stunter. ALL have either an FP or LA .25 engine. Nice weather, light breeze in the high 50's.  Tomorrow the "Canadian Express" is suppose to come through. It's gonna be COLD. I'm sleeping late, as usual. H^^
Ty Marcucci

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Got a new guy to fly
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 06:54:22 PM »
Mark who?  Mark Hansen?  I might not sign off on that.  We need him here. 
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 09:25:47 AM »
Ty, Canadian Express?           Kevin.

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2020, 01:16:17 PM »
 Climate change my ass. LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~
[/quote]

If you hold it out a window on a freezing day, it sure will!  LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~

Cheers Ty, Jerry

Offline Mark Mc

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2020, 05:13:08 PM »
This Mark.  I just want to thank the NACA guys for inviting me to their meeting and to fly with them.  Ty lent me a beater Shoestring.  It was my first Shoestring flight, and although it was a club beater, I was satisfied to just go roundy-roundy on their dime.  I would have felt crappy doing a figure 9 with their plane.  If I do indeed move down next summer,  I will get lots of flight time with them.  Funny thing.  The real estate agent showed us a home today that was about three or four miles from the field we flew at yesterday.  Who knew.

Mark

Offline Chuck Lewis

• 21 supporter
  • New Pilot
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2021, 08:06:07 PM »
Well, I just had a similar experience this morning! Ty Marcucci, Jim Howell, and John Rist, all from NACA, invited me to join them for a session. Ty let me fly his Shoestring; and even after 61 control line-free years I managed to land it without damage. Twice. In spite of gusty winds. What a hoot! And what a nice day it was.

Thanks guys!

Chuck Lewis

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here