News:

• March 28, 2024, 06:17:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Peter Rowland Senior : January 21 1951 / November 16 2021  (Read 1618 times)

Offline PJ Rowland

• AUS - 29541 AMA - 809970
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
Peter Rowland Senior : January 21 1951 / November 16 2021
« on: November 18, 2021, 03:58:07 AM »
Im absolutely lost for words.

My father, my Hero , my dad.. died suddenly on Tuesday.

He was taken to the hospital at 8am and was in emergency surgery within minutes of that  he had a lower abdominal Aortic Aneurysm rupture. The doctors tried to save him and he tried to hang on.

Mum gave him a kiss on the cheek before he went in. The last thing I said was Ill see you Wednesday.

He didnt suffer. He had heart issues for many years, a heart attack in 1994, another heart attack in 2004 ,  had further bypass surgery in 2011 and collapsed again in 2019 finally requiring a pacemaker installed.

He was nothing short of heroic in facing these things, and was always stronger in spirit. He knew his time was limited and made the most of it.

The man who introduced me to flying as a 3 year old boy, who watched every meaningful flight I ever had, he helped me build my planes, he coached me, he clapped as I flew well
He was a hard judge but a gentle wonderful amazing man.

I know I had the best father in the world, I am an only child and dad made me feel like I was the only person who mattered.

He taught me everything from how to drive, to " Right tool for the right job " and " Let the tool do the work "

I wish I had more words... to describe how wonderful he was. He loved my mother for 44 years, he loved me like I imagine most Fathers love their Sons.

Im totally lost without him.
I had only seen him on the weekend to do some flights together and help me with some personal things. I also saw him on the Monday, Tuesday he was gone from us.

I miss my best friend and I miss my dad.

I know he had many people who knew and loved him.

He has 2 Grandchildren who he adored, He has a wife who is suffering being alone. He has 3 older brothers who are sad.
My wife Rhiannon has been a wonderful support.

Dad had been flying since the mid 1950s. He met and talked to the best of the best. He judged at Nationals and always gave his time freely.

God I wish I could add more. Im in shock and totally lost.

I know how amazing he was and he was old school, could do anything and would help anyone.

I miss my dad.

I want to say ... Im certain many of you have lost your fathers So I want to say Im sorry to.anyone whom felt the deep gut wrenching sadness Ive felt the last 48 hours.

To all the sons who had a wonderful father : Thanks for making us strong like you.

To my Dad.. " Im lost without you're guidance I miss you more than my words can ever express. . You were the strongest man I ever met "

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Offline Fredvon4

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Central Texas
Re: Peter Rowland Senior : January 21 1951 / November 16 2021
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 04:17:22 AM »
Very sorry for your loss.
"A good scare teaches more than good advice"

Fred von Gortler IV

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2021, 05:16:29 AM »
PJ, I am so sorry brother. I can't imagine the pain and loss you feel right now. Just know we are thinking about you and your family. 

Derek

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 05:24:19 AM »
Nice words of remembrance PJ.

Sorry for your loss.

Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2021, 07:36:37 AM »
So sad to dee this.  He was one of my heros I read about.   Remember the good times. :(
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Lauri Malila

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2021, 08:58:26 AM »
Sorry for your loss mate. L

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2021, 09:27:35 AM »
I am so sorry to hear about your dad.  You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Doug
Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2021, 10:00:25 AM »
I'm very sorry for your loss but deeply appreciate the love and respect you feel for your father.  Please remember in your sorrow how really blessed you've been.

Losing my own Dad - very suddenly - was by far the most painful experience I've endured in 81+ years.  He was a "Rock", the greatest man I've known.

May God comfort you.

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2021, 10:49:28 AM »
PJ, words can not express how sorry I am to hear this news.
Will be thinking of you and your family.

Offline Allen Goff

• Charter Member
  • Admiral
    • Fellowship of Christan modelers
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2021, 12:24:01 PM »
PJ. So sorry for your loss. My late father who flew with me was my hero too. Praying for you and your family.
Blessings
Allen

Online Joseph Daly

• 2016 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2021, 05:02:44 PM »
PJ,

Very sorry for your loss. We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers

Joe

Offline EricV

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2021, 06:57:50 PM »
Very sorry to hear about your Dad PJ, we weren't designed for having to deal with this.

All I can say is some things do get better with time, and that there is a hope...
EricV

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2021, 08:30:06 PM »
I'm sorry to hear this, PJ.   I am honored to have met your dad at our Nats.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline PJ Rowland

• Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2021, 09:12:20 PM »
Thank you everyone.

He met so many people at flying competitions and had total respect for everyone. ( Im trying to learn this )

He went to the US Nats 2004 and 2011 he often spoke fondly of everyone he met.
His fondest memory which he talked often was making the Top 20 of advanced in 2011. He was thrilled with that effort..

He loved meeting Especially those guys who won BIG events that he read about. Only on the weekend he mentioned the memory he had of flying Bob Hunts plane when he visited.

He thought highly of everyone, if you remembered talking to him yourself, you left thinking there is a nice man who knows his stuff.

I miss him. I appreciate everyone's personal messages. This was never a topic I wanted to post. Dad would be up there talking to Al Rabe, Bob G and RJ... he was sad himself when they passed.
He was a huge Elvis fan, visited Graceland, loved his Westerns. Would build anything he set his mind to.

Im quite spiritual so Ive talked to him since, and have seen 2 Hawks circle my property. I feel comfort knowing he is flying with them looking down on me.

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Online Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2021, 05:52:47 AM »
I remember meeting and talking with your dad in 2004 at Muncie. He was a very friendly and engaging man. Full of life. I remember talking with you about his plane that had a very aggressive look to it. Was it the Pit Bull or Bulldog? I can't remember the name, but I remember telling you that I was going to "steal" some of its design cues for one of my next models. I still intend to do that, and I'll dedicate the results to your dad's memory.

I also lost a father and a friend when my dad passed away; I know what you are going through. My prayers go out to you and your family for your loss. He will live on in the things that you do. He taught you well in many things...

Bob (Robby's dad...) Hunt   

Offline PJ Rowland

• Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2021, 12:59:12 PM »
Bob.

He would be touched. Your memory is sound.
The plane was a Pitbull and there was a bulldog on the nose..
We painted that like a green and gold version on the Caprice color scheme.. so I stole it from you.

Bob Hunt , He was seriously impressed with your workshop, it inspired him to rebuild his from a bare shell. You showed us how to cut wings which we did from then on. . Im.sure you have helped hundred of people but he really admired your work..

Please know today he is giving YOUR dad a hug and he would be saying " look at our sons remember us "

Everyone is correct, today is a week and although it hurts Im no longer lost and afraid to be alone. To have so many wonderful people know who my dad was is special warms my heart.

Ive received lots of messages offline from lots of people.

I want to personally thank everyone.

I intend to honour my dad with his spirit. His death and my personal circumstances in 2021 significantly changed my outlook on life..

I know I was a terrible person.. I argued with and loved my wonderful father and told him he was special. However things I did would embarrass him..ive said and done things in the stunt world im ashamed of.. there is no secret there.

There are plenty of you who KNOW what I mean. 

Dad was one of these gentlemen who was a hard bar to try to live up to as a son. He gave his time freely to anyone. He would offer the shirt off his back to anyone. 

He worked solid for 50 years in spare parts Auto trade and would tell me so many stories..

As a son I sometimes felt immense pressure to live up to his standard. Now he is passed I know only wanted me to donmy best.. he never taught me to insult people.. so I apologise to everyone I know Ive hurt.

To those who lost a father.. Im sorry for that but ai hope you got YEARS of happiness xxx we will all loose one, all of us are men will be that special someone today and tommorow we will be nothing more than a memory.

The forum is full of friends we lost.. my pain isnt new, but today I join a painful club, thanks for letting me in and sharing my pain.

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2021, 02:58:15 PM »
You have brought your dad vividly and personally to those of us who weren't privileged to know him. I can see that he's still with you. Losing a parent, especially such a special one is very hard. I know you will continue to preserve your dad's best. My condolences and best thoughts for your recovery from such a loss.

SK

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2021, 03:46:13 PM »
PJ, my dear freind, I am so sorry I did not see this until now.
My heart feels the pain you experience. My father passed in 2011 and I still see his little twindle when he was being mischevious.
I wish you pleasant memories my friend.
Mark S
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here