News:

• March 29, 2024, 01:45:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Angela SOLOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 965 times)

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Angela SOLOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: May 31, 2013, 07:58:41 PM »

Sorry about the quality but this was taken with a phone. Angela flew my Skyray twice assisted then soloed, then flew hers 3 times solo. Then Mom Robin wanted to fly so I got the big Skyray out. She flew a couple flight and I asked Angela if she'd like to try it. Of course the answer was yes!!! So I assisted the first flight and let her feel the difference in line pull. She then flew it twice SOLO!!! Her second flight was starting to groove and she was flying some nice flat laps. We tried a couple assisted loops and her second landing was nearly rule book quality! We decided then it was time to roll up the lines and come in and our timing was perfect, the sky opened up and it came down in buckets. We went for an ICE CREAM celebration then came back and looked on Brodak for the next project. I was going to order a Baby clown but we ruled that out right away and after looking over the profile trainers she decided on a Lightning Streak. I will be ordering that soon and we'll get to work. Angela shows the same intensity flying as she did building and after watching some stunt videos wants to learn the Beginner  Pattern!!!

Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Re: Angela SOLOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 10:47:41 PM »
Just ordered the Lightning Streak
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 12:03:47 AM »
awesome!! I hope to teach my granddaughter to fly this summer,,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 06:05:23 AM »
Way to go Angela - & Randy.  Multiple solo flights followed by ice cream - now THAT sounds like a great day of work & play!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 06:25:08 AM »
AWESOME rRandy!!!! I still remember my first solo seven years ago, it's a great feeling for sure!

Matt Colan

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 06:57:32 AM »
That is way KEWL!

Way to go!!!
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 07:28:37 AM »
Thanks guys, I gotta tell ya, I've never worked with a kid like Angela before, she is FOCUSED and does not get distracted. #^ I can't wait to get her in the shop to build the Streak. I don't know if this interest will last, but as long as she stays keen she has all the help I can give her. I was talking to Mom Robin last night and we discussed maybe trying to make a contest somewhere before ours in August, Mom would have to go too, inappropriate otherwise. So we'll see how that times out, she's with Mom every other weekend and not much flexibility. I'm excited, that's all I can say!
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 08:18:05 AM »
Randy,
The Tour d' Michigan Flint leg is happening the last weekend in July.  Lots of good entry level stuff.  Brad LaPointe also has a contest over in Dresden, Ontario that I think offers age based brackets-FAI style.  Probably will have some combat and other events as well.  That one is July 6-7.  Will need passports or equivalent to get there and back though.

Also seems like Jackson is doint their TDM leg sometime in June.  Will need to check and get back with you.

John
John Paris

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 04:56:55 PM »
Randy,
The Tour d' Michigan Flint leg is happening the last weekend in July.  Lots of good entry level stuff.  Brad LaPointe also has a contest over in Dresden, Ontario that I think offers age based brackets-FAI style.  Probably will have some combat and other events as well.  That one is July 6-7.  Will need passports or equivalent to get there and back though.

Also seems like Jackson is doint their TDM leg sometime in June.  Will need to check and get back with you.

John

John, the TDM would be great to take her to, Please do let me know. Frank got a little upset with me when I told him it wasn't my kinda thing but now with Angela it will be a great entry level situation.
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline John Paris

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2013, 04:29:45 PM »
Randy,
Follow the link below for the TDM event schedule.  8 Jun 13 is the date for the Jackson event and 27 Jul 13 for the Flint.
John

http://www.flying-aces.net/
John Paris

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 06:21:16 AM »
Randy,
Follow the link below for the TDM event schedule.  8 Jun 13 is the date for the Jackson event and 27 Jul 13 for the Flint.
John

http://www.flying-aces.net/

Thanks John!
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here