News:

• April 24, 2024, 05:20:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Randy Smith Aero Products Spinners  (Read 1522 times)

Offline Dave Sabon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Randy Smith Aero Products Spinners
« on: October 11, 2019, 07:08:54 PM »
Was on the phone with Randy this week placing an order for one (1) 2" Classic 3 Blade Spinner and one (1) 2"  Three (3) blade Needle Nose spinner.  He said that they were not available any longer due to (I think I have this right) Henry Nelson retiring.  With that, would anyone out there be willing to sell me one of each or either for that matter?  Please call me a 760-271-2743 or email me at dave@westprint.com

BTW, he does have some sizes available but just not the 2"

Thanks in advance,

Dave Sabon
San Diego, CA

Offline tom_weedman

• Commander
Re: Randy Smith Aero Products Spinners
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 09:19:09 AM »
Try brodaks for classic spinner
Tom Weedman
AMA 63672

Offline Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2019, 10:25:29 AM »
Hi Dave,

I found a source of spinners on ebay.  Do a search of Flight Models in toys and hobbies.  Or just go to

https://www.ebay.com/str/flightmodel/Spinner/_i.html?_storecat=24734307014

This should show dozens of spinners, all shapes, all sizes, aluminum, carbon, for electric, for gas.  Price and shipping are reasonable.  Notched for two-blade or three-blade.   Can get them without notches.  Or can order them for ccw or cw props.   Quick delivery.  Worth looking at.  The carbon spinners are well done and light.  The aluminum spinners are machined and as good as any I have seen.

You can do a search (not on ebay) for Flight Models.  You can find a site in English, but it is difficult to find their spinners there.

Keith

Offline Paul Gittel

• New Pilot
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2019, 06:06:20 PM »
Here's a couple of options on some very nice Aluminum spinners. ProSpin from Maxx Products International. https://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-11.html
You can also try Hobby King. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/aluminium-prop-spinner-51mm-2-00-inches-3-blade.html

Hobby King sell a nice variety of plated Brass Spinner union nuts and I needed some for my Spinners bought from Maxx Products. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/brass-nut-for-spinners-1-4x28-m4.html

Hope that helps. Paul <=

Offline Dave Sabon

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 08:47:13 AM »
Thanks for the comments and suggestions guys.  The reason for my post is that for various reasons I prefer Randy's spinners.  Once I finish my latest plane, an Ed Southwick Lark, I will need to pull a spinner from one of my other planes.  No big deal to switch spinners especially since I have a number of 2" back plates from Randy.  Just thought it would be easier if I had some extra spinners around.  Now that Randy's spinners are effectively "Collector's Items" I understand no one wanting to sell any of the ones they have.

Regards,
Dave Sabon
San Diego CA

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 01:28:18 PM »
Was on the phone with Randy this week placing an order for one (1) 2" Classic 3 Blade Spinner and one (1) 2"  Three (3) blade Needle Nose spinner.  He said that they were not available any longer due to (I think I have this right) Henry Nelson retiring.  With that, would anyone out there be willing to sell me one of each or either for that matter?  Please call me a 760-271-2743 or email me at dave@westprint.com

BTW, he does have some sizes available but just not the 2"

Thanks in advance,

Dave Sabon
San Diego, CA

Hi Dave

I have spinners  in stock  that are  2 inch 3 blade, but  they are  not my older ones, these  are same shape  except  that it has a hole in the  very tip for  the  hold down screw ,  i will  post pictures  today

Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here