News:

• April 24, 2024, 06:48:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rambling  (Read 938 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Rambling
« on: November 30, 2006, 06:16:18 PM »
I can't beleive I have not stepped out side all day.  Have to go outside to get to dungeon to work on planes.  Been browsing the sites.  Ordering stuff I think I need.  Playing games.  Irritating the family.  But, I just finished looking at another of Tom Wilks cd's and it has stirred alot of memories.  Seeing people I have met lately or have known for quite a few years and see how they have changed.  Me I am still as homely as I ever was or worse.  Then seeing pictures of guys/gals that are not on the national scene anymore.  Then thinking now of how varied the designs were thru the years and the different reasons given for why this design was better over that design.  Or how this device could help your flying or building.  50 plus years at this and I enjoy what we now have to play with.  By the way the snow according to the railing on the porch os over 6 inches deep and looks like it has stopped.  Maybe tomorrow I will make it to the basement as school has been canceled already.  Not like it was when I was a school brat giving teachers fits.  Of course no one would beleive me if I told of some of the days we went to school.  Better stop before I am ejected.  DOC Holliday 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Rambling
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 10:49:47 AM »
It looks like that 6 inches of snow is going to pass to the northwest of my house here in Detroit. There is a lot of wind though and it's been raining for two days.
I'm stepping out today to fix a couple of houses. One has a den addition with a flat roof that is leaking. I'm armed with a couple 1 gallon cans of trowel grade roofing tar and a handful of nails. After I'm done there I'll be heading to another house whose aluminum awning is breaking free of it's supports and threatening to become airborne.
I had planned on working on an airplane today.
I'm all the way up to my hip pockets in debt. I am 60 years old and I'm just starting to wonder if I'm going to have enough energy in me to continue this work at least long enough to pay off my debt. That ladder looks taller every day and this weather isn't the most welcoming for outside work. On the positive side I don't have to worry how much these repairs are going to weigh.
Doc, I thought I'd just take a couple minutes here and ramble a little bit myself. Maybe Sunday I can get back to working on my new plane.
Frank Carlisle

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 11:24:10 AM »
Sometimes rambling is fun. We have 6 to 7 inches in the low areas and 12 to 18 in the deep parts. Tried to start my tractor a while ago but it's too cold for the diesel to fire.  Have an electric heater running in the shed and hoping it will warm things up enough to be able to start the tractor. If I can't get the tractor started we may be stranded for several days as I don't think I can get out to the road in a car.

Were not use to this much snow and to add to the snow it isn't going to warm up like it usually does. Suppose to stay below freezing till the middle of next week so it's going to be around for a while.

Offline Marvin Denny

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 02:27:02 PM »
  I fired up the big snow thrower that My #3 son bought me last summer  (just couldn't contain myself) to see if it would really work..  I threw all the snow off my driveway over onto the neighbor's  just to agrivate him.  Got mine clean in about 20 minutes and then went out back on the lawn and cleared a run way for the dog to use--  Thrower worked great.
  I really didn't need to clear the drive as the deepest drift was about 6 to 8 inches and I could have driven through it.  But I wanted to get used to the power thrower so in case we ever really DO need it.

Bigiron
marvin Denny  AMA  499

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 02:52:01 PM »
   I threw all the snow off my driveway over onto the neighbor's  just to agrivate him.

Bigiron

If we still had Kharma points I'd give you one for this. ATTABOY!!
Frank Carlisle

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here