News:

• June 03, 2024, 04:58:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Question on the Netzeband wall  (Read 17325 times)

Offline Brett Buck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Question on the Netzeband wall
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2014, 08:52:42 PM »
Remember the pictures of Al's modified Hot Rock handles with up to six inch spacing to "increase leverage"?   

I decided to omit that part of the discussion. There are enough people mad at me on the average day that I don't need to seek them out...

Also, Al used three inch bellcranks for most of his competitive career although I heard a rumor he might have gone to the now preferred four inch ones.

Anybody know??

4 or bigger, last time I discussed it with him several years ago. Maybe he invented it.

Brett

Online Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2014, 10:31:42 PM »
Gimme five.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2014, 11:48:01 PM »
Gimme five.

Randy  <------   has  4.5 inch ones , I used in 2 planes, hard to get larger, and keep the control feel I want.

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #103 on: January 14, 2014, 11:55:25 PM »
Gimme five.

Problem is how to fit it in there, and still have something solid to connect it to. I make it as big as will fit without extraordinary effort to connect it to the spar.  4 1/4 seems OK, and it works well with the small Ted handle. I am just about in the middle of the adjustment range.

Brett

Online Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2014, 01:47:10 AM »
I did a study awhile back comparing 4", 5", and 6" bellcranks, holding mechanical advantage over the control surfaces constant, to see which had the leadouts sweep the least swath out of the wing for the full leadout range.  The 6" one allowed the spar shear web to extend farthest, but it's a squeeze to fit it into the wing and keep it close to the CG.  I am putting a 4" bellcrank in my new dog.  It's easy, and it's the devil you know.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2014, 01:09:13 PM »
I did a study awhile back comparing 4", 5", and 6" bellcranks, holding mechanical advantage over the control surfaces constant, to see which had the leadouts sweep the least swath out of the wing for the full leadout range.  The 6" one allowed the spar shear web to extend farthest, but it's a squeeze to fit it into the wing and keep it close to the CG.  I am putting a 4" bellcrank in my new dog.  It's easy, and it's the devil you know.

We will have to have Rich Porter discuss this with you.......If you can get a word in edgewise!

Offline proparc

• Admiral
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2014, 01:22:32 PM »

What does the 5" and 6" bellcranks feel like?
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Eric Viglione

« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2014, 01:32:59 PM »
What does the 5" and 6" bellcranks feel like?

Kinda big, rigid & triangular?  LL~

OK OK... my guess it feels like going from a 3" to a 4", only more so. My question is this: When running a 4" bc, we tend to think of 4" handle spacing as 1 to 1... or at least I think of it that way. So, does a 5" BC point towards a 5" handle if you only want the additional leverage with the same feel as before without having to waive your arms all about?

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here